Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Re: Annoying phrases

You can have your cake and eat it too. I sure hope so, it would suck if you got a cake and couldn't eat it.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        You can have your cake and eat it too. I sure hope so, it would suck if you got a cake and couldn't eat it.
        "Let them eat cake" might have been a so annoying phrase that she got her head chopped off.

Comment

As the driver is pulled over by a police officer, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Of course I do, but no way am I going to admit it to you Mr. Officer.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            As the driver is pulled over by a police officer, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Of course I do, but no way am I going to admit it to you Mr. Officer.
            "You pulled me over in high speed traffic just to ask me that question? Are you crazy?"

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              I get annoyed at the phrase "hot water heater." It's a water heater, period. If the water was already hot, it wouldn't need to be heated.
              Uhg, i hate 'hot water heater' the most! Brought to you by the Redundancy Office of Redundancy!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Okay, this really did make me LOL. You accomplished a rare thing!

"Bless your heart!" I once had a teacher explain to our class that whenever someone said this, they're really saying, "Oh, you poor dumba$$" Think about it:

"I locked my keys in my car."
                "Bless your heart!"

See?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Call me cynical, but here are two translations that I noticed in our kid's elementary school:

"You know what, Mr. Nords..." --> "You are so busted" for kids or, for adults, "No, we're not gonna do that".

In a certain tone of voice, "Thank you SO much" --> "Screw this, I'm outta here".
                  Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                  Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                  We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                  Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

ANYTIME someone invokes their personal religious values as an "explanation" for why something happened, or is going to happen, or in lieu of a real apology.

Keep your damn gods to yourself, wouldja?

Comment

"What goes around comes around"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        ANYTIME someone invokes their personal religious values as an "explanation" for why something happened, or is going to happen, or in lieu of a real apology.

Keep your damn gods to yourself, wouldja?
                        Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          Uhg, i hate 'hot water heater' the most! Brought to you by the Redundancy Office of Redundancy!
                          That office has been renamed. It's now the Department Of Redundancy Department.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

"lose money," was as ubiquitous ten years ago as "auuuurrrrrite" and "ainokea" (and its variations) are now. i consider the compulsive use of any of those three phrases as a sign of choosing mental apathy in order to be a lemming feigning originality.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            That office has been renamed. It's now the Department Of Redundancy Department.
                            it's actually the superfluous bureau of redundant precincts for departmental tautology.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              it's actually the superfluous bureau of redundant precincts for departmental tautology.
                              Whoosh!!! Oh wow dat was some high technological gramma kine stuff ladat dat wen fly right ova my head.

Cyn you could insult someone right in front of them verbally and they'd still thank you for complimenting them! LOL!

Comment

"This won't take a minute...." (no, it'll take an hour!)

and,

"This'll only take a minute." (Right....)

also,

"Sorry to bother you, but..." (Are you really? or just embarassed?)
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X