Another Theft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Theft!

This is a thread for pointing out the traumatic, serious, or just plain silly thefts (could be house, car, personal) going on in Hawaii.

Two 2008 YAMAHA 60 HP, 4 STROKE outboards stolen from Sunset Beach area.
    http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/boa/1396866223.html
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Another Theft!

Copied from a craigslist ad...

"22 ft Macgregor sailboat, white hull with blue trim, Reg number HA 1142 D on a single axle trailer stolen from Mokapu Blvd, Kailua. between 10:30 am and 2pm aprox Saturday October, 17 th.
    Reward offered for return of both or information leading to the return of boat and trailer."

Wow, brazen yea. And where they gonna go to hide or even use it?

Comment

Get the Posse on it! KSSK gets the info out quickly about car/vehicle related thefts and it seems to work. Wonder if the owner tried that.

Comment

I wonder how many of these cases are manufactured "thefts" to collect y
        the insurance money? The boat seems like an obvious one to me. I doubt it will ever be found.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          I wonder how many of these cases are manufactured "thefts" to collect y
          the insurance money? The boat seems like an obvious one to me. I doubt it will ever be found.
          I can only imagine insurance fraud is on the rise due to desparate policy holders. Remember the Case house in Manoa Valley? They couldn't tear it down because of it's historic value. One night the unoccupied home mysteriously burned to the ground.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
            Copied from a craigslist ad...
            "22 ft Macgregor sailboat, white hull with blue trim, Reg number HA 1142 D on a single axle trailer stolen from Mokapu Blvd, Kailua.
            I saw that ad too, and my first thought was that anyone dumb enough to steal a crappy MacGregor 22 deserves what they got.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

From Facebook:
              Hey hawaii peeps...Malika Dudley's car got stolen from kaisers yesterday...go to her FB page for details..grey 2oo9 nissan altima let's help catch those criminals

Comment

Update from Facebook:
                Whoo hawaii they found malika dudleys car in salt lake, I hope they dust for prints and kick those theives ass

Comment

HaHa! That's funny Likanui. Still a bummer for the owner though.

And great news TutuSue!

Comment

Regarding that stolen MacGregor 22, there's a new ad on CraigsList. Apparently the boat was found at Heeia Kea, but the trailer seems to have been the main target, not the boat. The thieves were smarter than I thought.

Stolen boat and trailer -reward (Kailua)

Posted on 2009-10-20, 3:49PM HST

22 ft sailboat and trailer stolen from Mokapu blvd in Kailua on Saturday afternoon was taken to Heeia boat ramp at Kaneohe Bay. Sailboat was launched and left at the small boat ramp and the trailer taken away.
                    This is a single axle steel trailer with 2x6 wood beds, no carpet. It has a 48 inck plus winch mount that is galvaized & bolted to the front and a winch bracket that was not installed. It runs 13 inch 5 stud steel wheels.
                    Somebody must have seen this boat being launched on Saturday afternoon and left at the ramp The boat has been recovered thanks to fellow boaters .
                    This boat / trailer was taken in the middle of the day on a busy street and the boat dumped at a ramp full of other boaters. They either have balls or just f*****g stupid. I'm guessing stupid.
                    If they did this to me you could be next.
                    We work to hard to have some assholes steal our property because they are too lazy to work for theirs.
                    A reward is offered for information leading to the recovery of the trailer.
                    (...)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Trailers of that size require a DMV registration sticker, license plate as well as safety check. Anyone attempting to sell a trailer that has lighting on it should check the VIN on it, and yes, trailers of that size do have VIN's. If there isn't one report it because it's just as hot as a car without one.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thefts will become more rampant as we get closer to Christmas and the economy tanks even further. Be advised to take extra precautions.

Another word of advice as we go through Halloween- You never know exactly who'll be ringing your doorbell with that ski mask...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                          Another word of advice as we go through Halloween- You never know exactly who'll be ringing your doorbell with that ski mask...
                          Yes, one always has to be careful about who we open our doors to. But truth be known, the ones who are far more exposed to safety hazards on Halloween are the trick-or-treating kids.

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-and...n-1355932.html
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            Yes, one always has to be careful about who we open our doors to. But truth be known, the ones who are far more exposed to safety hazards on Halloween are the trick-or-treating kids.
                            Well, there were no reports of any trick-or-treat robberies this past Halloween. However, there was a 7 year old girl killed in an accident linked to a Halloween-related event.

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/68366232.html

As I said, it's really the kids who are the most vulnerable when it comes to Halloween night mishaps.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Putting out a Moped Alert!
                              My yellow moped has been stolen!
                              Distinctive scratching/black marks completely around the seat.
                              Even with stickers removed, that could still be seen.
                              Let me or the police know if you see it.
                              HPD Report # 10-245-277

I've got friends checking Papakolea, Ewa Beach, and...

I hope something good comes out of this?!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X