"Job" Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Job" Offer

I got this email from a "recruiter" today. I was laughing so hard, I had to share it. This is copied and pasted exactly- I didn't change anything except the email address. Obviously, the sarcastic comments are mine:

Hello.

I'm representative of the large company. (oh, that large company) We are seeking for individuals.

We guarantee you competitive salary, dental and major-medical insurance plus will cover all your shipping expenses! (to ship what exactly??) You will work as SERVICE MANAGER: You will be processing incoming packages with digital equipment or documents. (How do I process an incoming package with a document? And are these “packages” filled with illegal substances, by any chance?)

This offer is a full-time stay-at-home for people who don't have opportunity to work in office.
    Note: You don't have to make any sort of investments or something!

Requirements:

- You must graduate a high-school (the whole high school? What if one of the students failed?)
    - Have prior Internet connection (but not current?)
    - Have basic knowledge is PC and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (like how to use a spell-check?)
    - Be Adult (be an adult or just act like one?)

You need fill out carefully following registration form and send it to emailaddress. You will be contacted by the phone (wow! A talking phone!) within two-three business days.

The Registration Form:

1. First Name:
    2. Last Name:
    3. State/Province:
    4. Country:
    5. Phone:
    6. Cell Phone:

(Awesome! I can be a manager who processes packages without giving you my work history? How can I refuse that offer?)
    HR Department.
    DGA Corp.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: "Job" Offer

I shall BE signer-up! Where can do I go, yes? My hovercraft IS full of EELS. Place me the postage FOR sale now, yes/no.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh, LL!

Comment

SG - that is hilarious! I recieved that same offer the other day.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I would say go for it! If they guarantee what they indicate and it's in writing what's to lose?

But before signing in get the facts straight. It is a known fact that head hunters are looking for qualified people to fill jobs. It could also be an invitation to Amway.

I'd respond because I can't put enough judgement on this storyline because there isn't enough information to go on.

I responded to an ad back in 1982 that simply read: Calibration tech call 555-1212 (whatever). Not a whole lot of information but I called anyway. 22-years later I finally quit that company when I moved to the Big Island.

You never know until you try right? Scam possibly...dream job? Hmmmm.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Thanks for the laugh, LL!
            I am live for the funny, susutue. Haters do not rule!

Comment

It appears to be taking on a life of its own through job-posting boards:
              http://www.jobacle.com/blog/2010/1/1...-the-week.html
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Nords.
                From the article above:
                I believe the way this one works is they order high-end electronics with stolen credit accounts and ship them to you and you’re required (because of some logistical issue) to forward the package overseas. Guess who will get in trouble and be held liable for the stolen goods. Groups like these won’t stick around to use you twice or to pay you.
                I totally called it on illegal goods! Someone on that board is trying to find a way to contact the FBI. Not sure how that's gonna work out, but I hope no one falls prey to these scammers!

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  Thanks for the link, Nords.
                  From the article above:

I totally called it on illegal goods! Someone on that board is trying to find a way to contact the FBI. Not sure how that's gonna work out, but I hope no one falls prey to these scammers!
                  OH MAN!! I responded to an ad like that. They never responded back.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I got another really funny "job offer" today. I get them about once a week, but this one was really bad.

Greetings.

Let me represent you West Bridge LTD. Your personal information has been reviewed. We concluded you meet the requirements to join our company.

Requirements: Must be US citizen.

Send your replys to: XXXXXXXXX

Thank you, hope you liked our offer

I did not like your offer. You didn't "represent me" anything! So I met requirements b/c I'm a citizen. What's next?

You meet the requirements. You have a pulse.

, but totally made me laugh because this is the best job offer I've gotten in almost a year.

Comment

it's spam.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I know...I just thought it was sad because I haven't gotten any other "job offers" lately.

Comment

Working...
                        X