anyone with the 'z-coil' shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with the 'z-coil' shoes?

Very interested in the 'z-coil' shoes...after seeing an ad in Motor Trend's latest issue showing a competitor's type of shoe (gravity defyer)...but then I looked into youtube.com and z-coil's website the last 2 nights, and i am excited about getting this type of shoes (from z-coil instead)...

Even called the Liliha store (across mcD's Liliha) at 10:25pm tonight expecting to hear a recording as to the hours of operation, yet the owner came on and we talked! He has the phone forwarded to his cell that's why...

Just wanted to find out if anyone here has/is currently using it...see that Bob Jones had an article about in in Midweek back in 2008...i

Re: anyone with the 'z-coil' shoes?

I have it.

It's very comfortable. I got it due to medical reasons.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've seen them at some of the local shoe stores here in Hilo.

In the 80's there Nike used to make a pair of Aerobic workout shoes that did the same thing. I bought them and I literally had more "Spring" in my walk, allowing me to go farther with less fatigue.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I have it.

It's very comfortable. I got it due to medical reasons.
        have you had to change parts yet? I see from clips on youtube, etc. that parts can be exchanged so that it can last for about 6 years...

Comment

A couple of the nursing staff have them where I work; I read about the shoes and discussed them with the wearers. My concern was for the shoes with open coils and the tubings/wires we work around, but they said it did not seem to be a problem. They liked the shoes.

Otherwise, they just looked quite bulky, esp with the covers you can buy for the open heels. I bought Bistro Crocs, inserted supportive liners and saved myself a bit of money. I was surprised; that solution works well for me.

During flights to and from the mainland this week, I saw several variations on the theme of coils in heels; can't remember exactly what they were called.

Comment

well, went to the Kilohana Square store this morning and bought a pair (the Freedom 2000 model)...the longest time I ever spent in a shoe store (over 1 1/2 hours)...1 on 1 service with the owner/sole employee (Chris) of the shop!

What service!....changed (several times) springs, made (several) adjustments to the built-in orthotic (heat treated) for both feet , checked how I walked, etc. etc... to cater to my feet (not my feet cater to the shoes!). You know what, it doesn't look as ugly as in the pictures, much better looking in person...my 15 year old son approved of its looks!!!

Free adjustments (any type) for the life of the shoes, only pay for parts should one need to replace the springs (says it'll last 1-2 years).. paid full price of $229.95 plus tax...
            Last edited by hawaiiguy; April 2, 2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Let us know how they work. I'm kind of intrigued. But I'm also interested in those Sketcher Shape-ups. Anyone have a pair of those?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                have you had to change parts yet? I see from clips on youtube, etc. that parts can be exchanged so that it can last for about 6 years...
                No. Mine is still new. I bought it from the guy at Liliha.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My wife, who's an RN and on her feet all day, has a pair she uses for work. She loves them, and yes, she's always been impressed by the service at the Liliha store. When she first switched to 12hr shifts, she used to have back problems from being on her feet so long, but after she got the z-coils, her back problems went away.

Comment

interesting; never heard of these before; thanks for the info!
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

if you go to the z-coil homepage, they have a video clip where they compare their product with similar products, including the shape-ups...

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                      Let us know how they work. I'm kind of intrigued. But I'm also interested in those Sketcher Shape-ups. Anyone have a pair of those?
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                        if you go to the z-coil homepage, they have a video clip where they compare their product with similar products, including the shape-ups...
                        I didn't see that the first time I went there. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                        X