Termite Treatment Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termite Treatment Warranty

I paid for a complete treatment last year. To honor my warranty, I must have it inspected yearly at a cost of $120.

If there are evidences of termites, they will treat it any time, however often, at no additional cost. But I must have it inspected at $120 each year.

If there is nothing, they do nothing. And $120.

(I know this upfront when they treated it, my 1st year is up).

What is an inspection? Just walking around the foundation and see if there are termites? Like the dirt trail? I can do that too, right? What else do they look for?

I heard some people skip the warranty and save the $120 a year and have the house re-treated in the next 3-5 years.

For the homeowners, what are you doing in terms of termite treatment?

Re: Termite Treatment Warranty

I dropped mine because they wanted something like $300-350 for ground treatment inspection and another similiar amount for home inspection. Ridiculous so I dropped it and will opt for tenting every 3-5 years or whatever you are supposed to do.

Comment

How much was the original treatment? If not much more than what it would cost to have 2-3 years of inspections @ $120/yr, then you are right about just paying again for treatment in a few years if it is needed.

On the other hand, if you just spent $1000+ for treatment, then losing the warranty over $120 a year could be a very costly mistake should the termites reappear.

And if you had ground termites, and only had "spot treated" or did a ground spray/soaking treatment, then you'll definitely want to be doing annual inspections regardless of the warranty issue. Ground termites can do major damage in just a couple of years ... we are talking BIG damage. [A ground termite nest can be underground many houses away, and they will possibly return, unless you do the sort of treatment that kills the nest such as the baiting system.]
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Ground termites, with access to water, can decimate a wood home n no time at all.
        Dry wood termites take years to destroy,l but often their signs are long after the damage has been done.

I don't know which company is reliable and honest, but I do know termite damage on Hawaii is inevitable (unless you live in concrete). You just must do your best.
        Best of luck - we are now where you are and will relate our experience.
        Last edited by Kaonohi; March 8, 2011, 01:55 PM. Reason: These are the times that TRY mens' souls.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

You've got that right Kaonohi! The threat of getting ground termites is why an akamai homeowner never never never plants a garden right next to a house, because it is an invitation to ground termites. And why you do not leave a leaky faucet dripping next to a house. And why you do not have downspouts drain into an area next to a house (always have the drain empty far away from the foundation). Yes, I've "been there and done that" with having to deal with a terrible ground termite infestation.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X