Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Getting Over it"

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    they may decide to no longer be your friend, ans will become aggressive to ether put you off or drive you away. Think about it.
    Yep, a way to "unfriend" someone, without having to do it yourself. Just make the person not want YOU as a friend anymore. I think we've all done that, yes?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      [...]
      Sometimes our needs are more than our acquaintences can bear; this is when you discover who are friends and who are not.
      Friends don't desert you.
      Friends don't always have unlimited availability (either time or emotional) for their "friends in need". A true friend will be honest, not to mention kind, and explain his/her limitations to the friend in need and offer alternatives. Then, if the "friend in need" becomes huhu, it's the "friend in need" who isn't a good friend. The friend that Serenity describes above can't even be categorized as a friend. If she feels imposed on then it's her responsibility to kindly explain that to Serenity. Not always easy, I realize...
      Originally posted by Amati View Post
      Yep, a way to "unfriend" someone, without having to do it yourself. Just make the person not want YOU as a friend anymore. I think we've all done that, yes?
      I think this is what Serenity is dealing with. The so-called "friend" doesn't want to be friends anymore so she mistreats Serenity in the hopes that she'll stop calling. And that would be my unsolicited advice to Serenity...stop calling. That will end the problem.

Comment

I've had to take stock of a lot of things in my life in the last year or two, and one of those things is friendships. I've considered each one: what does this person bring to my life? Is it positive or negative? Who am I when I'm around them? Do they impact me in good or bad ways? Do they make me feel good or bad after I'm with them? If I called them at 3am, would they answer? If they called me, would I? It hurt to let some of them go, but it's made my life so much better without that added stress and tension.

This friend of yours sounds toxic. Whether it's just her or it's the two of you together that make that toxicity, it doesn't really matter. Don't let anyone treat you like that- you deserve much better. Why give someone else that power over you, the power to make you feel so awful about yourself? Screw that. This girl is screaming at you and you're worried about hurting HER feelings by deleting her off Facebook? Honey, just delete her. Friends will come and go, but witches like that will do you no good ever.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

SG = very well said! looks like you are one of the few who understand what friendship really is about. and you can tell the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            SG = very well said! looks like you are one of the few who understand what friendship really is about. and you can tell the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.
            Thank you, Anapuni. You honestly have no idea how much that means to me, especially at this particular time when I needed to hear some encouraging words.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
            X