Congratulations 808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations 808

Congratulations are in order for Hawai'i residents. You have been judged the 8th most peaceful State in the US. Well done! If you enact a ban on assualt weapons and more stringent requirements for personal handguns, you will even become more peaceful.

It is interesting to note that the States with the most lenient regulations on guns are the most violent and least peaceful.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Congratulations 808

Wow. I hail originally from #10, spend time with family in #8, and live in #7. I musta been good in my previous life.

Comment

Re: Congratulations 808

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      It is interesting to note that the States with the most lenient regulations on guns are the most violent and least peaceful.
      Not necessarily true:
      Professor John Lott wrote a book titled "More Guns, Less Crime" in which he demonstrates that the number of guns does not equate to more violence, but does equate to less crime.

Consider Washington DC, with some of the most draconian gun prohibitions in the US, or New York, also with many restrictions, and they are among the most violent and crime-ridden areas.

Maine (1), Vermont (2) and New Hampshire (3) are the three most peaceful states. New Hampshire has NO restrictions on guns, and most people in Maine and Vermont own guns, where restrictions are few.

It's difficult to generalize, however. In general just using the numbers of guns per capita means very little. You have to actor the other factors in as well.

See: The Peace Index aka: http://www.visionofhumanity.org/uspeaceindex/

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X