Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposable chopsticks

QUOTE= Romeo Abrogina Floria ....

" Disposable chopsticks ...Please take the time to read this.

This is a true case. If you don't believe it, try the following test:

Soak a pair of disposable chopsticks (usually given to you when you buy pack food from a Chinese take-away e.g. char koay teow/wantan mee etc.) for between 3 to 5 minutes inside hot boiling water.

Within minutes and right in front of your eyes,you will notice that some white coloring matter seems to be dissolved into the hot water from the chopsticks.

What is released from the chopsticks is actually a chemical - a bleaching agent.

In a campaign promoting healthy care in Singapore recently, Professor Jackson Mathis reminds people not to use disposable chopsticks, as almost the majority of them are made in or imported from China.

He explained that during the manufacturing process of disposable chop-sticks before the actual production itself, all raw materials are already cover-grown with germs that make the wood materials look like they are coated in multiple colors or are covered with poisonous fungus.

The first process itself is already frightening as the manufacturer starts the process by soaking up the wooden raw materials inside a very big container that is filled with a very toxic and highly poisonous chemical.

This chemical is intentionally added in, in order to preserve the materials. After a few days of soaking, they are then washed with an even worse cleaning agent. In this case, it is a bleaching agent (which
    chemical ph level is believe to be more than a thousand times over the general permissible/acceptable international standards). And guess what?

These chemicals itself is likely to cause greater harm to our health (if we continue consuming such chemicals into our body on a daily basis) not forgetting that since these chemicals used are usually carcinogenic in nature, they are likely to cause cancer.

Since his last visit to a disposable chopsticks manufacturing plant in China 5 years ago, Professor Jackson Mathis has immediately stopped using such disposable chopsticks anymore.

In Professor Jackson case, just in case if he ever forgets to bring along his own pair of chopsticks for lunch or dinner, he usually makes sure that he does not forget to put one pair of it inside his bag since it can be re-use again and again.

Professor Jackson Mathis said: "If you have been using disposable chopsticks in the past, and you insist on continue using them again, please pause and think for a moment. Why is cancer spreading like wild fire these days throughout the world affecting all sorts of people.

After that, think of how many pairs of disposable chopsticks a factory in China is producing by the minute. The answer itself is right here!"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/romeo.floria
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Disposable chopsticks - Please Read!!.

I did a Google search for "Jackson Mathis" and "professor" to see what school this person was a professor at, mostly to see if he was credible (I mean, come on: what if he's a professor of library science?).

I couldn't find him! But I did find this 2006 blog entry by someone who'd been forwarded an email containing the same message, which contained a link to (ta-da!) this Snopes.com article debunking the claim.

It's worth noting that in the apparent source of this misguided information, sulfites (a preservative and bleaching agent) were found on disposable chopsticks, but "while the triggering of asthma attacks, skin rashes, and abdominal upset are recognized by the FDA as symptoms linked to sulfites, that federal regulatory agency is wholly silent on the topic of sulfur dioxide's being a cancer-causing agent."

Try not to get so alarmed by what you read on the Internet. There are people out there who pass along this info without checking to see if it's true.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      [...]
      Try not to get so alarmed by what you read on the Internet. There are people out there who pass along this info without checking to see if it's true.
      Exactly. At the very least, check snopes.com first...like Scriv did.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Exactly. At the very least, check snopes.com first...like Scriv did.
        But... but... I heard on the Internet that everything you hear on the Internet is true!

Actually, I heard that on TV, all I hear on the Internet is a persistent hum from my modem.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X