Christmas: not feelin' it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas: not feelin' it?

This is by far the least Christmassy season yet, hardly anyone saying Merry Christmas in public and when you do they get quite surprised. Havn't even seen many tree sellers around or people toting them home, it's like we've grown out of it, sad. Maybe we've been beat down by $$$ promotions and world issues or the still lagging everyman economic recovery, but this is not Christmas as I remember it no matter how early they cue the music. But then it's in our own heads as much as we want it.
    So...
    MERRY FRIGGIN CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Christmas: not feelin' it?

Have a very M.C & a H.N.Y from W.B!

Comment

Yeah. No tree this year. Maybe I've become Scrooge. Minimal presents - guess the rioters and looters took them all.

Cops are killing kids and kids are killing cops; racial profiling, blaming and conflict.

Lots of illness and injuries (nothing life-threatening) in the family, but also lots of love. Maybe that's all that's important....

Season's greetings (whatever yours are) to one and all.

Love and be happy.
      Last edited by Kaonohi; December 25, 2014, 08:26 AM.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Sorry -- I forgot. Merry Christmas! We've had a very nice Christmas, except for our dog, who hates firecrackers (and doesn't realize that there is far worse to come). We got a nice little fir tree from Koolau Farmers, and put 3 strings of LED lights on it which flash on and off in various patterns -- looks quite festive. We found enough things left over in our freezer that my wife didn't need to do a special shopping for Xmas dinner (which I fixed).

National Brotherhood Week
        Greg

Comment

Oh yeah. The explosions.

Evening of the 23rd in Kahalu`u commenced with VERY loud explosions; likely acetylene cannons or 'Big Bang' carbide cannons (commercial versions of the above).

The explosion is as loud as a 155 mm howitzer firing, or an electrical transformer exploding. (Exploding ordnance has a different sound.)

As a former combat vet, the first few had me jumping with startle reaction, till I conditioned myself to recognize them as non-threatening (which I re-do every six months).

Fireworks are usually worse on the animals, who can't develop expectation conditioning over long gaps. They probably think it's the end of the world.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Who the hell is blowing off fireworks for Christmas?!
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Who the hell is blowing off fireworks for Christmas?!
              I'd have to guess. Maybe it's people who went to some trouble to lay in a stock for New Years, and right about now, they are burning a hole in their pockets, so to speak. Just warming up for the main event.

Though my dog hates fireworks, I like them.
              Greg

Comment

This was our best Christmas ever....ever....ever.....for a number of reasons that would be TMI on this Forum. Our Christmas was filled with optimism, laughter, and love.

Mele Kalisimasi 'i monuia 'ihe Ta'u Fo'o
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                X