X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic

Someone on another thread asked:

Originally posted by lorider
    What is wrong with a thread that goes OT?
    Here is a made-up example. One goes into HawaiiThreads, checks out the forum about technology, there is a thread titled LCD monitors with 40 responses to it. You read it, the original note ask about where does one can buy LCD monitors on Oahu. The next two posts gives various places that sell it, the third one says "I brought one at CompUSA and then had a hot dog afterwards."

The next 15 responses then discuss about hot dogs, saying 7-11, Costco and/or Sam's Club do it cheaper or better than the hot dog vendor by CompUSA.

Response number 19 says hamgurgers are better, while response number 20 says that Oscar Mayer hot dog is better than Ball Park Franks.

Number 21 says be careful about old ViewSonic LCD monitors, they are harder to adjust, responses 22 to 30 make mention that hot dog musubi is not as good as the Spam musubi, while response 31 to 40 debates Hormel Spam with Less Sodium vs Tulip Luncheon meat.

Now wouldn't one expect to talk about LCD Monitors if the thread title said "LCD Monitors" and not about food?
    Last edited by helen; April 18, 2005, 09:30 PM.

Re: Threads going off-topic

Originally posted by helen
    Now wouldn't one expect to talk about LCD Monitors if the thread title said "LCD Monitors" and not about food?
    maybe, but da buggah steh nachurl li'dat!
    Create internal H.T. brain software that makes people more robotic automatically:
    when a thread diverts away from its subject after 3 posts, it automatically creates a new thread in da "all buss up/make any funny kine li'dat" section.
    and hey! whachu got against Ball Park Franks?!
    Last edited by kimo55; April 18, 2005, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Helen, you made me laugh so hard I spilt my iced tea near my computer. Luckily, I neva have one hot dog.heheheheheheh

Thanks for the reminder about OT.
      I'm guilty of doing that alot, can't help it sometimes....especially when I'm MANIC.

I'll be more careful.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I like monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungNeil
          I like monkeys.

I like mayonnaise.

hey.

monkeys with mayonnaise might be good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            I like mayonnaise.

hey.

monkeys with mayonnaise might be good, too.

With a dash of hot sauce......yum.

Comment

don't forget the bread, mustard and ketchup too.

beer, iced tea and crown royal. no, make that royal salute!

Comment

With a dash of hot sauce......yum.
                and chips. stone ground kine. You can gettum at kokua, s king.
                (with cottage cheese)
                have um while watching Conan.
                esp when he has Triumph on.
                dat buggah funny, eh?!

Comment

Ho but try for clean one LCD monitor screen after you wen just spit out all dat Monkey/Mayo/hot sauce over it.

But seriously, what were we talking about? I think it was about LCD monitors but then again no it was off topic remarks.

So I think this topic belongs in the What Pisses you off thread. Oh crap we're going off topic again...
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hey, come on everyone, stay on topic! This is supposed to be a civilized...

Oh, wait, I forgot, the topic is "Threads going off-topic". My apologies. Carry on.
                    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by Keith H.
                      Hey, come on everyone, stay on topic! This is supposed to be a civilized...

Oh, wait, I forgot, the topic is "Threads going off-topic". My apologies. Carry on.

hey, Keith! C'mon! stay off topic!

Comment

How 'bout them Bows?

Comment

How 'bout them Bows?
                          oh yea.
                          those magnetic bows every tom, dick and harry have on their car?!
                          Never understood those. Cain't nevur read whut dem sumbitches got written onnem in that thin cursive writing.

I think they say:
                          "Remember how to tie ribbons."
                          Or
                          "remember tony orlando"
                          Last edited by kimo55; April 21, 2005, 11:55 PM.

Comment

"those magnetic bows every tom, dick and harry put's on" just happens to show support for the troops. On the other hand, there are so much agencies and copy cats who have jumped on the bandwagon to show support but in the meantime make big profits and none gets to the troops in terms of goods, care packages, etc.

my son just got back from Afgainstan last month and I asked him if his troopers recieve anything from Hawai'i or Nationally from companies adopting their units or any agencies. He replied, "No, Mom!" "We got nothing..." Yeah, magnetic ribbons? I'm glad I didn't fall for that crap. I support the troops, I support my kids, on my radio antenna, I have a (real) ribbon blowing in the air and an American Flag facing out from my back dashboard, "United We Stand!"

eh, i forgot wat dis topic about! oh, yeah...monkeys,beer,chips, royal salute, etc. have a great aloha friday and a safe and fabulous weekend!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              "those magnetic bows every tom, dick and harry put's on" just happens to show support for the troops.

how did I know aunty would try to correct the joke. and again miss the point?

Comment

Working...
                              X