Re: Cane Spider in da house

Originally posted by cezanne
    Here's a pic I took of the centipede.
    (standing on chair)

SHRIEK!!!!

Comment

Here's a pic I took of the centipede. Downstairs bathroom (pretty close to the front door), it was trying to get out of the pit of despair, the wash basin. Yep it crawled up the wall and fell in. My wife heard about putting dishsoap on them to suffocate them (that's what all that liquid is). I dunno, the blunt end of a broomstick handle does the trick for me.
      My dad grew up in the thirties on a sugar plantation in Kohala. He told me that when he was a kid, they used to catch centipedes like that for fun, pry off their fangs with a stick, and then let the things run up and down their arms. BRRRRR!!!

Comment

Here's a pic I took of the centipede. Downstairs bathroom (pretty close to the front door), it was trying to get out of the pit of despair, the wash basin. Yep it crawled up the wall and fell in. My wife heard about putting dishsoap on them to suffocate them (that's what all that liquid is). I dunno, the blunt end of a broomstick handle does the trick for me.
        in lahaina da mangoes are sweet but da centipedes craw all ova ur feet...

<singing>
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy

in lahaina da mangoes are sweet but da centipedes craw all ova ur feet...

<singing>
          Wow brah, you betraying your age. Loggins & Messina goes way back.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            Wow brah, you betraying your age. Loggins & Messina goes way back.
            Hey I remember seeing a commercial that both of them will doing a concert here soon. I wouldn't mind going. That's the kinda concert everyone in the audience is singing along... screaming "EVEN THOUGH WE AINT GOT MONEY! I'M SO IN LOVE WITH YOU HONEY!..." all flat... but that's okay because everyone's feeling good.

Anyway, I found that the critters, are living at the base of an Areca palm that doesnt want to stop growing... plenty baby centipedes . I Raided them but I think I'm going to chop the palm down because for some reason the ants like that tree too... they live in the leaves (the ones still attached to the tree!).

Comment

you wanna see big, these are Camel Spiders that our boys in Iraq are dusting out of their tents.

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                My dad grew up in the thirties on a sugar plantation in Kohala. He told me that when he was a kid, they used to catch centipedes like that for fun, pry off their fangs with a stick, and then let the things run up and down their arms. BRRRRR!!!

I heard a lot of boys during the plantation days did some crazy stuff (even peverted) to pass the time away.

But in this case tell your dad he's a sick man Those poor centipedes

Me I hate them buggahs to the point where when I slam em with my slippers, I keep slamming them until they moa flat den da papah towel I use to pick em up. My wife yells out, "Nuff already stay dead". Me I reply, "NOOOO da buggah still twitching!!!"
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  you wanna see big, these are Camel Spiders that our boys in Iraq are dusting out of their tents.

Wow! That's straight out of "Alien"... I thought I had problems!

Comment

For God's sake, Craig! Now I'll never get to sleep!

Comment

Try clicking on that camel spider image for a better, close-up view. After the new image pops up, click on that new image once again for an even closer view. Where's da hibachi?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                        Try clicking on that camel spider image for a better, close-up view. After the new image pops up, click on that new image once again for an even closer view. Where's da hibachi?
                        Yeah, where's the melted garlic butter... ho the body must have some nice miso inside after steaming right?

Comment

I saw one in the bathroom sink when I entered the bathroom this morning (talk about a bad way to start the day after you had a nightmare). The first thing I did was grab my Mom's camera and I took a few shots. After I left and returned later, it was gone.

I have no idea how it got in, because its an enclosed bathroom, with no windows, only a door that is facing the hallway.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                          X