Obesity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obesity

Sorry just got a little angry and I guess carried away. It's good too hear from everyone on this thread, and glad to know we all fight the same battle. I have faith in everyone that they can accomplish anything they put their minds too.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Ian Lind points to a Washington Post story about a day in the life of a guy in Maryland who is, by anybody's definition, obese. It made me think of Bruddah Iz.

Comment

That was a very interesting article. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Pedro what I meant by no more excuses was for me not you!!! I need to stop making excuses, I support your efforts 100 percent! This is a battle that I can not do alone, I need people like you and the others who have the same issues, lots of love! Cnecki
          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            there's one place to start...
            Your right, the cigarettes have been my comfort for many years and I know this is the first to go. I am going to try to put them down for good!! Thanks for the reminder! Cnecki
            Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnecki
              Pedro what I meant by no more excuses was for me not you!!! I need to stop making excuses, I support your efforts 100 percent! This is a battle that I can not do alone, I need people like you and the others who have the same issues, lots of love! Cnecki
              I understand perfectly well what you meant. And I am glad that you are making a concious effort. I support your eager willingness. I am on the same boat as you.

Comment

I'm obese too and going through classes with kaiser for gastric bypass. So far its an eye opener and an extreme procedure. I still have the final choice to opt out of the surgery. I'm currently eating healthy and walking but I know i should up the tempo by signing up at 24hr fitness. I've tried many diets. atkins, proteinpower, neanderthin, liquid fast etc. so far all had its side effects like constipation, bad breath, etc. due to the ketosis effect when burning fat in your system.

right now i can say eating low healthy carbs and low fats and protein and excercising works the battle of the bulge.

keep up the good work!!
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

since you mentioned 24hour fitness, i have a question and i hope it's not out of line here. if it is, my apologies: can someone who has a membership at, say, the punahou fitness center sell their lifetime membership to someone else? i know that they used to do it but not sure what the rules are these days. if it is possible, it'd be a good way to get a good deal on a membership...
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                    I'm obese too and going through classes with kaiser for gastric bypass. So far its an eye opener and an extreme procedure. I still have the final choice to opt out of the surgery. I'm currently eating healthy and walking but I know i should up the tempo by signing up at 24hr fitness. I've tried many diets. atkins, proteinpower, neanderthin, liquid fast etc. so far all had its side effects like constipation, bad breath, etc. due to the ketosis effect when burning fat in your system.

right now i can say eating low healthy carbs and low fats and protein and excercising works the battle of the bulge.

keep up the good work!!
                    I have a neighbor(manager of my apartment complex) who went on a gastric bypass and he lossed a lot of weight. When I look at him now I am so impressed at the results he was huge not that I am skinny or anything far from it. I mean wow. How much does that stuff cost? Sounds Expensive, I guess I'll just stick too my diet for now. So are you thinking about doing it? I am sure the proceedure is sort of like a plastic surgery. If you do plan to go I wish you luck. Everytime I look at my neighbor(Manager of my apartment complex) I am amazed at how different he looks now to how he looked back than. It really works!

Comment

It only works if you stick with the program and eat properly. I know of a couple of wahines who had gastic bypasses (as opposed to gastic bands) who lost lots of weight but now are gaining it back. I think it's because they've fallen off their diets and are eating like they used to, except you can't eat as much because you throw up after a while because your stomach is the size of a pingpong ball.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        It only works if you stick with the program and eat properly. I know of a couple of wahines who had gastic bypasses (as opposed to gastic bands) who lost lots of weight but now are gaining it back. I think it's because they've fallen off their diets and are eating like they used to, except you can't eat as much because you throw up after a while because your stomach is the size of a pingpong ball.

Miulang

Yup thats right!! ur stomach gets small like a pingpong ball. it's a life changing procedure. u can't eat and drink the quantity and types of foods u love after the surgery.

one of the major problems after surgery is dehydration. ur pingpong ball stomach is full with water dat u have to hyrdate ur body every so many minutes. if not pau u dehydrate like one dried sponge. can ma'ke!

das why at kaiser, u have to be on a waiting list for a year. then go thru classes to get u well informed of the pros and cons of the procedure. this isn't a cosmetic plastic surgery. dis is major surger because they actually gonna re-route your tubes and staple your stomach smaller.

info on da surgery

it's a big decision. das why i takin my time. kaiser wants da patients to be in the best health before the procedure so everybody is hooked up with dietician/nutritionists, nurses, surgeons, and huge support group etc. dey all on for the ongoing support of the patients b4 and afta da surgery.

the stomach gradually grows or stretches back to its original size eventually and people do get fat again. its about the whole process of the management of oneself.

it is expensive but kaiser fronts the majority of the bill if you're on deir health plan.
                        Reggie aka pinakboy
                        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                        Recipe Tube TV!
                        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                        X