Hello Lobster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Lobster!

We already know the Japanese put the strangest things in vending machines. But when it comes to arcade "skill" games, I think this local variation on the prize crane takes the cake:

This game - cleverly titled "Hello Lobster!" - is in the food court area of 99 Ranch Market in Mapunapuna. Put in your money, grab the joystick, and try and grab yourselves a live lobster! The trip down the chute must be a doozy.

Hope nobody gets the bright idea to introduce "Hello Puppy!"

Re: Hello Lobster!

Wouldn't this fall under cruelty to animals? Poor Lobster already worrying that he/shes in captivity now gotta worry about being pick up time and time again before going down into the chute before the pot! LOL

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Remember, "cruelty to animals" outcries only apply to cute animals. Discrimination, I tell ya!

I figure, if the guy's going into a boiling pot of hot water later, it's hard to argue with a three foot drop into a metal box. And hey, at least this way, the lobster's got a chance! Those darn cranes are designed to be unreliable.

Comment

I have been chosen. Farewell, my friends. I go on to a better place!

Comment

I use to win a lot of stuffed animals for my kiddies long ago. Hmmmm...I was just wondering how much would it probably cost for playing the game vs buying a live lobster outright. Then again, human nature would make a fool try win um' thinking he going get it the first couple of trys. Only to spend triple the cost of what it would be if he just purchased one outright.

Auntie Lynn

PS. I want to go try this game out myself but I don't eat shellfish anymore.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro

I have been chosen. Farewell, my friends. I go on to a better place!
            I wonder if his friends will try and drag him back down like crabs in a bucket do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

PS. I want to go try this game out myself but I don't eat shellfish anymore.
              Go try um, Auntie...I eat um por you.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                I wonder if his friends will try and drag him back down like crabs in a bucket do.
                das wat dey call lobster bucket mentality?? hehehe
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  This game - cleverly titled "Hello Lobster!" - is in the food court area of 99 Ranch Market in Mapunapuna. Put in your money, grab the joystick, and try and grab yourselves a live lobster! The trip down the chute must be a doozy.

yah i saw dat at da back entrance of 99 Ranch. i wen trip out da first time i saw dat. da mechanical boom arm crane look too flimsy and weak fo grab one lobster.

loose mahney!! po ho!!
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

whadya suppose their last thoughts would be?

"I knew God was a robot!"

"Crikey! Looka the size of that...."

"yo, dude! warm yer claws before ya grab me there!"

Comment

The last time I was there, there were two of these machines, both quite popular. The thing that I got to thinking about was the temperature of the water. Lobsters pretty much need it very cold (unless they're the tropical variety), and chillers cost a lot of money--more than would be practical for these machines, I think.

Both machines are plastered with Polaroids of winners holding up their prizes. I think it's a cute idea.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The photo reminds me of the Giggling Marlin Bar & Grill in Cabo San Lucas. See their logo at http://www.gigglingmarlin.com/home.htm . You can take the 'tour' of the website and see where they have the Marlin painted on a wall and they'll tie a rope around your ankles and lift you upside-down to get the photo.
                        Maybe they oughta do the same with the lobsters.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

LMAO!!!

Anyone knows what bus stops there? I want to take a few pics of that on my free time.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            If it is like "Hello Kitty" then no problem.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I wouldn't eat a lobster out of one of those things for a million bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X