This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crykee, looka the size of that...

this dude here goes night diving Kahana bay and is sheared by a croc needlefish; slicin and dicin his way thru the human obstacle...

http://tinyurl.com/9mq27

(look dat cute lil ol cartoon of that happy innocent lookin' croc needlefish.
    he prolly first saw dat drawing and said: "heyall! I no skaid dat jolly cousin to charlie tuna!")

he sez when the thing slit him open it felt like a missle or sledgehammer... and he exclaimed;
    "Lord if this be thy will, I am ready... let thy will be done"
    or something to that effect.
    hell; if i ever get disected in that manner late at night by some creature li dat, you will definitely hear my exclamation all the way to Niihau. and it ain't a gonna be a very religious one.
    Last edited by kimo55; July 30, 2005, 07:58 AM.

Re: krikee, looka the sise of that...

Ow!owowowowowow! Itai! Maybe that particular crocodile needlenose was myopic and needs to be fitted with a pair of corrective night vision fishy lenses.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; July 30, 2005, 07:52 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Ow!owowowowowow! Itai! Maybe that particular crocodile needlenose was myopic and needs to be fitted with a pair of corrective fishy lenses.

Miulang
      well ya know what fish eye lens do; he prolly thot:
      "eh, a whale! me fer some blubber, yea!"

Comment

Re: Crykee, looka the size of that...

I'd say that dude's set fer life.
        any chick he meets;

"eh wot tat!?"

"I fought da shark and i won!"

"My hero! Gimme some o dat!"

Comment

That's messed up that those peeps in that house didn't bother to help by calling 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Maybe that particular crocodile needlenose was myopic and needs to be fitted with a pair of corrective night vision fishy lenses.
            Or maybe it was frightened, and using its instincts to get away. Unfortunately, the diver's stomach was blocking its path.

And those people in the house need a couple of slaps...

Comment

Isn't it illegal to "fail to render aid", or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Isn't it illegal to "fail to render aid", or something like that?
                Some places in the country have "good samaritan" laws on their books. We have one up here. It protects people who come to the assistance of an injured person from being sued in case the person's condition goes south because of any attempted treatment. I tried looking for a law for Hawai'i but couldn't find one.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Actually, Hawai'i does kinda sorta have a good samaritan act on its books, but it only pertains to those people who are medically trained. So a person on the street could still probably be sued if they tried to treat the injured person's wounds and he died or got worse because of it. Nothing in the law says that anyone has to call the cops. The original law passed in 1998 and there was an amendment proposed in 1999 but the chart doesn't give the status. That 1999 amendment would have covered liability for anyone who rendered assistance. The proposed bill wouldn't penalize a person from declining to help out.

Miulang

Comment

Yeah but giving hands on help and dialing 911 are two different things.

Comment

If you're really interested in knowing why the people at the beach didn't come to that guy's assistance, you should read the story about Kitty Genovese, a young Queens, NY woman who was stabbed to death in 1964 while 38 of her neighbors watched and saw her being killed and did nothing to stop the killer until it was too late to save her.

It's also rather interesting that 40 years later, people have just started writing about the incident again. Her convicted murderer still sits in jail, waiting out a long sentence for the crime.

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; July 30, 2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Miulang I couldn't find any updated info about the Good Samaritan Laws in Hawaii either...hmmm. I think the basis is that if you're helping someone in good faith within your own capabilities. You are protected. The people watching TV had nothing to worry about.

I asked my wife who works for Kaiser about this. She said that doctors and nurses are the one's who would be in danger of getting sued because they are licensed to provide proper care. She said not all think that way but some will only provide care in a hospital environment. However, she's not quite clear on the stipulations either.

Comment

Wow...I'm doing further research on the Kitty Genovese story, and I just discovered that Phil Ochs (he was a really great folksinger in the 1960's who committed suicide at too young an age in the 1970's) wrote a song to remember the Kitty Genovese tragedy "Outside of a Small Circle of Friends":

Complete lyrics here with explanation. "...One study concluded that on average, if more than 4 people witness an event, nobody will do anything. Each person will say to themselves "I don't have to get involved since there are other people here who can help."

Miulang
                          Last edited by Miulang; July 30, 2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

When MAMA owned bussinesses in Chinatown and something happened...I would either assist in whatever way I could. Call 911 and render aid. There was an incident that a homeless man was stabbed several times on his arms and hands. The police arrived and wondered why I helped him and told me it was dangerous due to the blood and me not wearing any protective covering. My answer, "He's a fellow human being in need!" I wasn't worried of catching something...I'm protected by God himself! That was eight years ago. Everytime the man sees me he tells me thank you...he's not Homeless anymore.

Auntie Lynn

It doesn't cost anything to call 911 or show another compassion. Here's several WHACK WHACKS to the *#$@%*!!!!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                            X