X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing stuff

Take a look.

Re: Amazing stuff

One of the things I have learned when being on-line is that you never go to a web site simply because someone says "Take a look" with out any other explaination as to why I should go there.

So what's so special about this site and why is it so amazing?

Comment

Originally posted by helen

One of the things I have learned when being on-line is that you never go to a web site simply because someone says "Take a look" with out any other explaination as to why I should go there.

Where's your spirit of adventure? It's self-explanatory once you get there. It would be like having to explain the different nuances of the northern lights. Just disregard and skip if it's too much of a bother.

Comment

Same here.

School's computer, using firefox on schoo's network. Something will go wrong.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456

Same here.

School's computer, using firefox on schoo's network. Something will go wrong.
          Is it okay for you to be perusing this website using your school's equipment during class time? Would really hate to see you get in any trouble.

Comment

I don't see any mention of him being in class, just at school. And they've got a point - who knows if you're trying to be malicious and infect their PCs with a virus?

I've got a Mac, so I don't care. Clicked the link... it ain't that amazing.

Comment

One thing about giving out links -- and kimo55, I'm talkin' to you! -- if you add the link properly, you don't need to use tinyURL or other such URL-shortening services. I always hesitate when faced with a tinyURL from an unknown source, because I can't inspect the address before clicking it.

Comment

I usually don't open or venture anywhere other than my favorite web sites and one's my friends say are good and interesting. You've never failed to make me smile and laugh...I opened it! Amazing is right!

Thanks Lurkah!
                Auntie Lynn

P.S. For those of you who want something clean and funny to look, check out Macpro's site. On the left panel says "look." Below that one say's "no look." I can't seem to get the link. Try hawaiistories.com and click on Macpro on left panel.
                Last edited by 1stwahine; August 23, 2005, 02:20 PM.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Helen...if you had a Mac you probably wouldn't be so hesitant about just "taking a look".

But then...when Mac's fail...Kinda like my BMW. Great cars but when they break...as the acronym says: Broke My Wallet...when it comes to repair costs.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That is pretty cool

I learned a bit of this last year, too! In my painting class, when we had to duplicate the colors of collages we were painting. Had to look at specific parts through a small hole in a paper...never would've guessed that certain colors were the exact same yet look like a different shade than what I originally thought it was. Like when I had to paint the effect of a transparent piece of tape over blue construction paper. I thought I would just be painting a light blue color, that's how it looked as a whole, but when I put the paper over and singled out the one color, it was really just a shade of gray that I needed to paint...neat stuff.
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog

That is pretty cool
                      Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

lurkah, dass a shakah.
                        reminds me of one of my faves:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/dragon.htm
                        check out da vid, halfway down.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

lurkah, dass a shakah.
                          reminds me of one of my faves:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/dragon.htm
                          check out da vid, halfway down.
                          I love this stuff!

Comment

That was kinda cool.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

In an art class in college (back in the late 1900's) we had to create similar illusions using paint color swatches: make two different colors appear to be the same, make one color appear as different colors, make four different colors appear the same, etc.

Cool stuff on that page... thanks! For me, the first illusion was better than the last one.

Comment

Working...
                              X