X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stwahine
    replied
    Re: Makeover Help

Thanks Shelpa! Not yet, I still have about two months of work to do. Then I'll splurge on my new look! I want to experiment with the make-ups next month. At least I am getting a bit of information now. I can always count on hawaii threads.com!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I'm in the process of having a complete make make over the "hard way!" No surgeries, no botox, etc. Exercising, walking, and running. Ladies, I need some major advice. When the transformation is done, what is the best yet affordable make-up that is available for one of my age that won't make me look like a clown but a refined woman. I don't want a make-up that is over bearing but one that enhances. I have been so used to without the finer things in life so long that I don't know where to start pampering myself again. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    The only things I really "splurge" on are foundation and concealer (I prefer Clinique), because I find that it's difficult to find properly matching shades for my skin tone otherwise. I also like Clinique's built in SPF and the slight golden shimmer (plenty available without the shimmer too!) that makes me look sun-kissed, even though I spend a lot of my time during the day in windowless ORs! It's very subtle, just enough to make my face look less pasty yellow.

As far as learning what works best for you makeup-wise:

Call Sephora in Ala Moana Mall (944.-9797) and schedule an appointment for one of their complimentary makeovers. They carry most major makeup lines and can help tailor makeup to suit your tastes and according to your preferences/needs.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Another one I heard was Merle Norman. Any recomendations or feedback about this one?

Auntie Lynn

I'm also thinking about joing a Martial Arts School, just for the heck of it. I going ack helpless.heheh

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

First thing is go to the day spa (SPA AT HONOLULU CLUB 808-543-3945
    HONOLULU, HI 96814 ) in Honolulu (ask your kids to chip in and get that for you as an early Christmas or birthday present). You will be totally pampered from head to toe and will feel like a million bucks. After that, go to one of the best hair salons in town (anybody have suggestions?) Let them do your hair and they usually have someone who does makeup (the spa might also have a makeup artist). Whatever you do, don't go to the Macy's beauty counter and have them put makeup on you! It's not sanitary for one thing, and for another, they usually are only trying to sell you stuff.

I think the best off-the-shelf makeup is from Shiseido or Clinique, but other wahines might have other favorites. I rarely use makeup because it plugs up the pores.

Hope that helps.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Good for you, auntie! Healthy is always attractive.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    started a topic Makeover Help

Makeover Help

I'm in the process of having a complete make make over the "hard way!" No surgeries, no botox, etc. Exercising, walking, and running. Ladies, I need some major advice. When the transformation is done, what is the best yet affordable make-up that is available for one of my age that won't make me look like a clown but a refined woman. I don't want a make-up that is over bearing but one that enhances. I have been so used to without the finer things in life so long that I don't know where to start pampering myself again. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
Working...
X