X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makeover Help

Originally posted by toeknee
    Hey auntie,

I'm betting that if you quit smoking, start taking those walks and get healthy like you plan, you will look beautiful without foundation or any kine make up. Plus, although I don't know you well, I can tell you already have a beautiful spirit, so you are well on your way!
    You're so sweet. I went back on (smoking) for two days due to heartbreak. I got a good Angel to watch over me and remind me not to smoke...he can smell it through the screen (Lurkah). Been walking almost two weeks, I gave up counting...I just walk now. Today, I bought more tofu, fruits, veggies, etc. MAMA loves resturants and so do I...luckily it's raining. LOL

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      I'll hold you to that one Adrian. Remember, this is a form of Public Record. "To relieve your sorrows, just go running (like Forrest Gump)." Easy to say Dear Adrian. Unfortunately, LIFE is not easy. I will be half a century old and have experienced many things in life. I have run against the wind when I wanted to forget the pain and suffering that went with it. I also have known happiness so great and accomplished many things others only dreamed of. Yes, Adrian, I can go running like Forrest Gump but I only live on Oahu. LOL I love you Adrian, for your innocence and for your ability to see beyond what few others can see behind the screen...the real Aunty Lynn. And no, I do not want you to zip up your mouth. That wouldn't be my style at all. I'm Auntie Pupule. You are Adrian. You have a mind of your own. Speak your mind young man, don't let no one tell you not to. As for running with me on Friday's or Saturday's, whenever you can. I do it everyday. It's a habit. I have to. I'm on a schedule. I am turning a half a century in January and I'm gonna look damn good!

Aloha,
      Aunty Lynn
      (Run Auntie, Run!)
      Start off small. Walk around the complex, then probably around the block, or maybe through Chinatown.

If my schedule lets me, then I'll try and go to Ala Moana and walk around for a few hours, then probably join you in a few days.

And yes, eating healthy is a good way to start, but don't be like my Mom and go to Sams' Club and buy 10lbs of salad or the big box of the health cereal.

Oh yeah, don't forget to stretch, or else you'll be sore, and drink a lot of water while doing the walks.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456

And yes, eating healthy is a good way to start, but don't be like my Mom and go to Sams' Club and buy 10lbs of salad or the big box of the health cereal.

Oh yeah, don't forget to stretch, or else you'll be sore, and drink a lot of water while doing the walks.
        Auntie's really fortunate to have you there in person to watch over and take care of her, Adrian. Mahalo nui for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
          Start off small. Walk around the complex, then probably around the block, or maybe through Chinatown.

If my schedule lets me, then I'll try and go to Ala Moana and walk around for a few hours, then probably join you in a few days.

Adrian, Thank you for your concern. I've been walking everyday for almost two weeks. I take Antonio with me on my morning walks and I extend it another block each day. I also take another route too for a change of scenery. I've lost weight and I feel great. Had my hair done today. Took years off too. I'm back to drinking water and my ice teas. Yes, due to you and Lurkah...I've quit smoking. Thank you very much!

Auntie Lynn

PS. what happen to all my pictures?
          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 8, 2005, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Auntie Lynn . . . . (preface - well fed liquor well)

I myself as a man prefer an "undressed" woman. Not in the sense of clothing. Every woman has a natural beauty - that beauty is all too often buried under eye liner and mascara and other crap that you ladies paint on your face. I say fly au naturale (that's my stab at French) - show the world that you have a beautiful face - without the artificial dressings. I wish that women were as confident in their appearance as men (we get a wrinkle or a pimple or whatever (whateva? - I can't pull that one off yet!) and we fly with it - women are/should be allowed too.

Phew. Pardon my ramblings. Just let us see your true beauty (you are not going to see it - it's a natural flaw for women to overlook their own beauty.)

But I guess if you would feel more comfortable with a little assistance, go for it, but I bet I would rather hang out with you without make-up than you with make-up. But we have to wait 18 days for that - I"m coming to Mayor Wrights (is that right?) and we're going to dinner baby - I'll leave the wife at home!

RC
            Last edited by Stephen; September 8, 2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen

I myself as a man prefer an "undressed" woman. Not in the sense of clothing. Every woman has a natural beauty - that beauty is all too often buried under eye liner and mascara and other crap that you ladies paint on your face. I say fly au naturale (that's my stab at French) - show the world that you have a beautiful face - without the artificial dressings. I wish that women were as confident in their appearance as men (we get a wrinkle or a pimple or whatever (whateva? - I can't pull that one off yet!) and we fly with it - women are/should be allowed too.

Phew. Pardon my ramblings. Just let us see your true beauty (you are not going to see it - it's a natural flaw for women to overlook their own beauty.)

But I guess if you would feel more comfortable with a little assistance, go for it, but I bet I would rather hang out with you without make-up than you with make-up. But we have to wait 18 days for that - I"m coming to Mayor Wrights (is that right?) and we're going to dinner baby - I'll leave the wife at home!

RC
              Excuse me Sir, But this is not a Dating Online Service. Furthermore, I don't go out with married men nor men who have significant others. That's not my style. I wouldn't like another woman do that to me. Catch my drift? And if you dare to come to Mayor Wrights to look for me...I will kick your naughty Ass out so fast back to where you came from. You have got your nerve! In other words, GET LOST MISTER!

Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 8, 2005, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen

I myself as a man prefer an "undressed" woman. Not in the sense of clothing. Every woman has a natural beauty - that beauty is all too often buried under eye liner and mascara and other crap that you ladies paint on your face. I say fly au naturale (that's my stab at French) - show the world that you have a beautiful face - without the artificial dressings.
                RC
                What a load of bulls**t. Guys who say they like women without makeup are either lying or they're idiots. That "natural looking" woman with no makeup you're admiring? Yeah, guess what? She's wearing makeup! You can't tell because she doesn't have it slathered on with a trowel, but trust me, honey, it's there. Sucker.

I've heard so many guys say that same line, and then when I one day showed up wearing makeup after not wearing it for awhile, these same guys are all falling over themselves telling me how good I look (well, comparatively).

"Natural beauty," my ass. Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  I've heard so many guys say that same line, and then when I one day showed up wearing makeup after not wearing it for awhile, these same guys are all falling over themselves telling me how good I look (well, comparatively).

"Natural beauty," my ass. Idiot.
                  Heehee! The only problem with even a "little makeup" to dress the package up is that it's all gotta come off at night when you hit the sack. So what do you do when you fall in bed and the guy on the bed next to you says, "Hmmm...this ain't the package I bought"?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The real secret is to gently exfoilate every time you wash your face or take off the makeup and to use either a light moisturizer or witchhazle as a claifier or both depending on your skin type (oily, dry or a combo). Get one of those stretchy scrubby glove things to use gently, it'll take off the dead skin cells and stimulate your skin to make new fresh ones. Avoid claifying products with alot of alcohol in em 'cause they'll dry your skin out too much or burn you, and if you have oily skin shrunk pores get blocked really easy and cause blemishes. Witchhazle will cut the oils but not damage the skin like alcohol will...plus it's alot cheaper than some of the name brand products.

Comment

Is there any special brand of "witchhazel"? I think I'll like this product matches with bitch! LOL

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        Heehee! The only problem with even a "little makeup" to dress the package up is that it's all gotta come off at night when you hit the sack. So what do you do when you fall in bed and the guy on the bed next to you says, "Hmmm...this ain't the package I bought"?

Miulang

That's why I keep a pair of knitting needles next to the bed. To stab the guy's eyes out the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          That's why I keep a pair of knitting needles next to the bed. To stab the guy's eyes out the next morning.
                          ROFLMAO! At my age, I couldn't do that...I getting all pretty up and into shape. I be darn luck if I catch one kane to get into bed with me for the night. I let um complain then no need use the knitting needles...I be nicer, I would just whack whack the SOB!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Is there any special brand of "witchhazel"? I think I'll like this product matches with bitch! LOL

Auntie Lynn
                            No not really it's pretty much a generic type product like 'rubbing alcohol' or 'peroxide', it's found alot where those are located in the drugstore. It's sometimes called Hamamalis water too.

Here's a site with some info on what it does:

http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/witchhazel.htm

Erm...I wouldn't advise using anything internally unless you know what you're doing.

Comment

Auntie Lynn
                              I use Thayers witch hazel skin toner, contains NO alcohol. It comes in different varieties. The one I am using now is Rose Petal with aloe vera and vitamin E. I get it from Down To Earth. Under ten bucks for 11 and half ounce bottle.

I wanted to add to the post about exfoliating the face. Our entire skin needs to be exfoliated. The best way I have found to do this is by dry skin brushing. I do it with a long handled natural fiber brush, also bought that from Down To Earth. For information on how to do this dry skin brushing, google it. You will find tons of information of the benefits of dry skin brushing. Way too much to post here.

Turquoise Duck

Comment

Wow! Mighty interesting reading Peshkwe and Duck! It's not easy being a Lady! It's worth every bit of being one. I like pampering myself. I've been taking care my kids all these years...it's time for myself now. Yep, I'm gonna get myself back in shape and beauty, it might not be the young and vibrant one I use to be twenty years ago but I'll be glowing!

Thanks for you advice! I'll invite all the ladies out for Tea when the transformation is complete at Nuunau Tea!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X