Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrr! Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day!

As Eric at HawaiiStories reminds us:
    Arrr! Today be the 11th Annual International Talk Like A Pirate Day, a day t’ swagger and speak as if ‘twere 1700 and Blackbeard still sailed the Spanish Main. Why? There need be no reason. Talkin’ like a pirate be reason a-plenty!

Re: Arrr! Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Arrr! Shiver me timbers!!Wheres me winch I needs me splinters sanded from me pegleg arrr!

Comment

*downloads from p2p sites*

Oh, I thought you meant be a pirate :LOL:
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

If you're Pirate Deficient like myself, there are some great tools linked from the Talk Like a Pirate website linked above, from commonly used phrases and terms and a pirate translator. You can even try to run a website through this translator.

Here's the Star-Bulletin story on the Emmy Awards for "Lost" in piratespeak.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
          Arrr! Shiver me timbers!!Wheres me winch I needs me splinters sanded from me pegleg arrr!
          Arrr! Matey, methinks ye means yer wench. That is, unless ye be usin' one o' those multi-purpose winches with the sandin' attachments. They be mighty handy in a pinch.

Comment

ya mean talk like a pirate from a saturday morning cartoon.... day!

Comment

"That's possible. I've killed a lot of people, but I can't afford to make exceptions. If word gets out that a pirate has gone soft, then it's work work work all the time."
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                "That's possible. I've killed a lot of people, but I can't afford to make exceptions. If word gets out that a pirate has gone soft, then it's work work work all the time."
                "Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

Comment

Of course, there are other piratical ways of talking, too.

Insult: You fight like a dairy farmer.
                  Comeback: How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Comment

Arrgh! It's time me mateys to pillage the ships for this piece of treasure for this day! And if that doesn't suit you then this might otherwise it's walking the plank for you!

Comment

I can't remember who it was but it was a wahine radio co-host on a local radio station on Oahu many many years ago. She was telling a Halloween joke and it went like this:

A Filipino kid dressed in a Pirate's costume knocks on a door, "Trick or treat" says the little boy.

The lady answers the door, "My what a cute Pirate's costume, but where are your buccaneers" she asks.

Confused, the little boy replies, "On my Buckin' head!" Yes it was on the radio!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Arrr! Matey, methinks ye means yer wench. That is, unless ye be usin' one o' those multi-purpose winches with the sandin' attachments. They be mighty handy in a pinch.
                        my spelling errors really should have there own thread

oh ya ARRR!!!

Comment

Here be photos of folk dressin' (and presumably talkin') like pirates. Arrr!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            ya mean talk like a pirate from a saturday morning cartoon.... day!

Arrrr, ye buzz kill, ye! Walk the plank!

Comment

The insensitivity shown privateers here is shocking. Stereotyping of this kind has no place in today's multicultural environment. The stereoscopically challenged are people too and the proper term is prosthesis.

Be warned all ye lubbers. Now be the time for the drinkin' of rum drinks.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X