Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Originally posted by tutusue
    So far it looks like my daughter and I will be able to help in the morning.

That is great!!! Will be nice to meet you!

Comment

I'll try to remember to wear the same hat as in my avatar so you'll be able to recognize me.

Comment

I'll try to remember to wear the same hat as in my avatar so you'll be able to recognize me.
        LMAO take off the mask though!

Comment

Huh? What mask?

Comment

I had a hard time deciding where to put the following story. I chose this thread eventually.

Ed was a Veteran. He was Homeless. I asked him many times to let me help him to submit applications so he could recieve Benefits he was entitled to. He alsways refused. Ed suffered from Mental Illness. He battled it himself the way he thought was best. By taking illegal drugs and drinking alcohol.

Continued at http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=766

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              I had a hard time deciding where to put the following story. I chose this thread eventually.

Ed was a Veteran. He was Homeless. I asked him many times to let me help him to submit applications so he could recieve Benefits he was entitled to. He alsways refused. Ed suffered from Mental Illness. He battled it himself the way he thought was best. By taking illegal drugs and drinking alcohol.

Continued at http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=766

Auntie Lynn
              Sad to read about your friend. Wish I could see the picture better to see which one he was.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                Sad to read about your friend....]
                Ditto for me, Auntie. How old was he?

Comment

Ditto for me, Auntie. How old was he?
                  I really dunno. I think Ed was in his late 40's or early 50's.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                    Sad to read about your friend. Wish I could see the picture better to see which one he was.
                    He was the one who was helping the the last time we were there...setting up the tables and serving candies with the filipino volunteer. The Japanese fella with all white hair.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

In the StarBulletin this morning (Letter's To The Editor)
                      http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/01/e...l/letters.html
                      The case against Sharon Black is a waste and abuse of taypayer resources (Star-Bulletin, Aug. 24).

What was the intent, motive or gain for Black personally? To "steal" "tamper" and access unauthorized government records of suicides?

Black was researching suicides; the intent was to learn information to help and teach others through awareness for prevention.

The gain would help the Honolulu Police Department with increased knowledge to assess and interact with those in crisis who are threatening suicide.

Emergency providers would gain improved awareness of current high-risk cases, enabling them to chose better treatment intervention and options.

The biggest gain would be for the individual in crisis.

One of Black's concerns was a rise in gun-related suicides. Awareness would increase the safety of all, a priceless opportunity for prevention.

The taxpayers are footing the bill for her prosecution, while cases of assaults, drug abuse and property destruction will have to wait.

The city agencies seem to have plenty of spare time. It's challenging to ignore the possibility of retaliation. The real crime seems to be within the system.

Nik Parks
                      Salt Lake

Note: Sorry Admin. I know we are not to copy word for word but in this case I hope you don't mind.

As Nik Parks has stated and what the evidence will prove - Sharon was doing "Research" for HPD and recieved assistance from the ME office. She would have not and has not in any way gained nothing by taking so called information. The only thing she has gained is headaches, embarrassment, heartaches. On the brighter side she has also gained a full range of support of love and friendships from people whom she never would have encountered.

In time, Justice will prevail.

It's still much too early. There is more to come out...the guilty will not get away for what they have committed. They know who they are. They opened Pandora's Box. I can't wait till October 14, 2006.

Squirm Baby Squirm!!!!

Yeeeehaaa!

Auntie pUpule
                      Da Undacova Blogga
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 1, 2006, 09:30 AM.

Comment

OMG I just met with a few of u today and I really enjoyed our meeting.
                        I even learned that there are private messages here. LMAO OMG I had messages from Oct last year. I had no idea. LOL Didn't even know there was a PM thing on this stuff. The Advertiser where I do the most posting has an automatic message that tells u have a private message and then u click and pfft ur there. LOL OK so for all of u who PMed no less a year ago...LMAO I really am sorry. I didn't know.

Lynn and Monoa were so entertaining. LOL had me laughing. Good fun.
                        It was really nice to meet u all, and thank u for letting me join. However I think I ate too much. I feel so puffed out. LOL I tried to walk it off but the guy on the beach puking his guts up didn't help my stomach settle down much. LOL

TuTu Sue, MAHALO So much for joining us and helping us out today. That was great. Ur daughter is awesome. U have have every right to be so proud of her. Although I still have a lil shock of how young u both look. We had great help today. Geeez we needed it.

Hope u all have a wonderful weekend!

Comment

OMG The line was looong today more than I've ever seen. Guarrans 600 people! Well, except for last Thanksgiving. It was a Godsend we had extra help today. Especially, lots of Food.

All Volunteers worked very hard and were focused. Our Smiles and our Aloha never ceased. New faces and old ones all in need of a bit of care and love for a little from us.

Then unexpectingly...it happened. A burly middle aged woman started to swear in line. She cussed at Alicia who was serving the Chili on rice at the front of the line. Alicia is tiny but could have held her own. However, we're in the business to feed and not to engage in disputes and fights.

Sharon and another Volunteer (I forgot her name) took care of the matter quickly. I smiled and continued to do my duties. Suddenly the woman came by me. As Alicia passed nearby, the woman called her Bitxh. It was uncalled for and made my horns come out. The Beast in me came ripping out of my body.

The woman said she was form N.Y., don't mess with me., etc. etc. She looked into my eyes as I said some words to her too. She ran. Everybody applauded. Nobody messes with me in My Chinatown!

I promise, I neva hit her.heheheheh

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown

P.S. I going moemoe. I gotta go Case and Rhoads Parties tonight.
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 23, 2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I'm preparing to head out to see my friends at Kaukau Wagon this afternoon. Will the lines be looong again? Yes. Will they be confrontations? I hope not. We are there to feed and make their day brighter. We are there to defuse any hint of violence. We know the dangers yet we continue to volunteer.

We don't get paid. We don't ask for anything. What we get back is Smiles and Thank you's. Appreciation from people whom Society have forgotten. Soon our Thanksgiving Drive will begin. Once again, we will need your Kokua. Kaukau Wagon is always asking for help year round. However, during the Holidays we need it the most. "Thanksgiving Saturday" has become an Annual Celebration which Sharon is known for.

It was last "Thanksgiving Saturday" that I became involved with Kaukau Wagon. I haven't stop since.

As the weeks get closer...I'll let you all know what we need and how you can help. Or betta yet ~ Sharon will stop by like last year and ask herself.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The line was never ending today! Hotel Street and Nuuanu Ave. was closed due to the Fashion Show Gala in Downtown. It was great to see Officer Lee Donohue Jr. manning the corner of Bethel and Hotel Streets where we serve our food.

I was on Pastries and Candies. I needed help so Sharon came. The line was overwhelming. We had a woman volunteer from the Red Hat Society! Mary arrived with her daughter. Al and some others came to help too. Aloha Harvest arrived with more goodies. We sure needed it.

Jade Moon's clothes all went.

I smell like pastries.

New faces every week.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey 1stwahine...

I haven't heard from you in a while...

I was just wondering if the Kau Kau wagon was going to be needing "physical" assistance this year for thanksgiving???

Doesn't the Kau Kau wagon normally feed like close to 600 - 700 homeless people on thanksgiving... I'm sure some help could be needed again....

Hope all is good in your neck of the woods.
                                Last edited by damontucker; November 2, 2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X