Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Hi Sharon! Drop off Turkey (whole or sliced), gravy, stuffing at site, what time?

Happy Holidays!

Lynn Vasquez and family
    (former Benny's Resturant)

Note:"Telmah and Luweeze"...Plz! We moa tuff!!! ROFLMAO!!!!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 11, 2005, 07:16 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank u sooooooo much! We really are short on hams, yams, stuffing, pies, fresh fruits and rolls. We got some but I am worried it may not be enough. However I have been on the phone big time so I am working on building what we do have. I went to the Foodbank yesterday and scored some cases of cranberry sauce, and these awesome lil mini airline food packs. They are perfect for the people. That was an exciting new find. We even scored some bread and lettuce for this weekend. So we are set for this weekend.
      I am so glad the Foodbank is there. They sure make a huge difference for our lil program.

Sliced and ready to serve would be great! We will be there 1230....or maybe a lil earlier. I certainly will try to get there earlier. Be sure to confirm with me what u or others can bring so I can keep track and know what to keep focus on to get more of. Right now we have 17 turkeys.....we need 12 more. So atleast we're a lil over the half way mark.
      We even got some Star Bucks coffee and jamba juice. We're getting there but just a lil scary sometimes as the time gets closer.

Comment

Aloha All

Hope u all had a good weekend.
        I thought I would share a lil update on things.
        Sen. Suzanne Chun sent me a bill that looks good to help out those that are helping out others. It's about where an organization or group, can use State Facility kitchins to make their food to give out to those in need, such as the schools ect. I think that would good. I am sure it would be helpful. It may not be the complete answer but no doubt it is a good answer to start with and certainly could make a difference.

Our HUGE Thanksgiving of Hope Dinner is looking really good. The Lt Gov Aiona will be there along with Ed Kubo, and Peter Carlysle (sp ck) Plus some of the Shopo members. Actually we have a great group of people that will be there to help out. We have many people to serve. And we were able to get lots of good stuff to pass out.

However...we still need a lil bit more to able to meet the full needs of all those that come.

OK ...we are so close it's a lil scary! But we're almost there. 6 days to go.

Here's what we still NEED to make it complete.......and enough to serve atleast 600 people.

We NEED 5 more pans of cranberry sauce

We NEED 15 more pans of Yams

We NEED 6 more Turkeys

We NEED 11 more Hams

We NEED 10 more pans of Stuffing

We Need 12 bags of Fresh Fruit

We Need 5 more cans of whip cream

We still NEED 12 more tables, a generator

OUR WISH LIST

Fast food coupons

That's it.....If u know of anyone that can help out please let me know.
        They are also welcome to drop off anything 1230 on the corner of Hotel and Bethel Street.
        Nov 26th Sat. next to the Hawaii Theater. We should be there until the food is gone....maybe around 3-4pm.

I would like to deeply thank each of u especially those of u who called to help out. WOW! I think Thanksgiving is really one of my favorite holidays cause it's the time of the year, I not only get to give Thanks, but I find that I am so thankful to have had the chance to do what we do because of each of u!
        MAHALO!!!!!! BIG TIME!

Comment

Lurka

It was great getting to talk to u!! I am really excited about the prospect of feeding this whole family just getting on thier feet. I told them all about our talk. I didn't give ur name cause I didn't know if u were OK with that. They wanted to make sure I tell u THANK U big time!
          I did call my Safeway and oddly they said they were sold out. So I guess I'll just make an extra dinner for them from my side.
          I'll call u and let u know more.
          MAHALO AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalona808

Lurka

It was great getting to talk to u!!
            Whoa, try wait sistah Kalona, it wasn't me you talked to.

But I know whoever it was is just as nice as I am! LOL!

Comment

Here's what we still NEED to make it complete.......and enough to serve atleast 600 people.

We NEED 5 more pans of cranberry sauce

We NEED 15 more pans of Yams

We NEED 6 more Turkeys

We NEED 11 more Hams

We NEED 10 more pans of Stuffing

We Need 12 bags of Fresh Fruit

We Need 5 more cans of whip cream

We still NEED 12 more tables, a generator

OUR WISH LIST

Fast food coupons

I would like to deeply thank each of u especially those of u who called to help out. WOW! I think Thanksgiving is really one of my favorite holidays cause it's the time of the year, I not only get to give Thanks, but I find that I am so thankful to have had the chance to do what we do because of each of u!
              MAHALO!!!!!! BIG TIME!
              Aloha all, Aloha Kalona808...

Peshkwe forwarded this thread to me.. would love to help out, PM'd ya.

Mahalo!

Pali

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
                Aloha all, Aloha Kalona808...

Peshkwe forwarded this thread to me.. would love to help out, PM'd ya.

Mahalo!

Pali

YAY!!

Now go back to R&R-land...fillin K's head with all kinds of nonsense...you aren't awake yet!

Comment

OMG I did!! I wrote to Pali and he will be coming through with a biggie from our wish list. He's gonna get the fast food coupons to us! WOW!!!! I'm tripping! I tried to talk him into playing some music with DD but the poor guys all booked up. Bummers!
                  He knows DD as well. Thank u soooo much SIS!!!!! XO

Today I interviewed with the Star Bulletin. That was neat. It's hard though to be in front of a camera for me. I get so self conscious. LMAO I insisted the photographer remove the extra lbs from the pics and to be sure to erace the wrinkle lines. LMAO
                  I get the feeling he didn't take me too serious on my request. Oh well, guess I'll see the results on Wed. LOL HAHA Owwwwww
                  Oh and I threw in my interview how DD was going to play music for us and how we hope to get a generator so everyone can hear his music. LMAO! Shameless aren't I? LOL
                  Oh and I tried to get Mokka and Polo in the pics but I don't think that's gonna happen. LOL I can't help it. I love my babies and showing them off is just something that I can't resist. HAHA
                  Yeah I know....pathetic. LOL hehehe

OK and continueing on with my great news.....
                  I got the tables!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
                  The Lt Gov office is coming through. Actually one of his Aids, she is so wonderful. The sweetest lady. She went to her church and got them to come through with the tables. WOW!!!

Can u believe this? I am sooooo thrilled!

Comment

Can u believe this?
                    Yes, I can. It's really something to behold!

Comment

OMG I did!! I wrote to Pali and he will be coming through with a biggie from our wish list. He's gonna get the fast food coupons to us! WOW!!!!
                      Aloha!

Got $300 from McDonalds, $140 from Taco Bell (that's all the gift certs they had), and $100 from Jack in the Box...

Mahalo for doing this Kalona, see ya Saturday! (and yup, we're gonna get sistah Peshkew down here!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
                        Aloha!

Got $300 from McDonalds, $140 from Taco Bell (that's all the gift certs they had), and $100 from Jack in the Box...

Mahalo for doing this Kalona, see ya Saturday! (and yup, we're gonna get sistah Peshkew down here!!!)
                        Say Hi for me when ya get there!!

Then grab a spoon for a little bit and sling some hash

Comment

I actually got written up and investigated for my outstanding stink eye ability.
                          LMAO I offered to wear dark sun glasses to help remedy the problem. LOL But I guess that wasn't taken too well.
                          Outstanding stink eye ability? No way.

Comment

Aloha All

I am so looking forward to meeting some of u tomorrow. We got everything we need now and possibly a lil more.
                            We even got a few of our wish list things together.

Pali thank u for that beeeeeeg time. I love the idea of knowing that after we are gone many of them will still have a meal later. That was so wonderful of u.

It's gonna be more like Christmas if u ask me. Seeing those faces light up there and the excitement is so contagious!
                            The Star Bulletin did a good story today. I was a bit surprised. I thought maybe they had forgotten. But when I went to go get coffee for my sisters and kids while they waited in line to purchace their bargains, I saw my mug shot on the front page BIG and I swear I looked like a salewoman for stuffing and yams. LMAO!!! So much for my effort to encourage the camera man into conselaing the wrinkles and dark circles from lack of sleep. LOL No shame I had to try.

Ur all really amazing and I just don't know how to thank u enough. I just wish u all could see the smiles of hope that I get to see doing this.

I hope u ALL had a great TG day and a wonderfully blessed and safe holiday season. No doubt u deserve it.

Pesh thank u for keeping me threaded to this site. I'm still a bot confused of how to read private messages, and stuff but I am working on it. Once things slow down, I look forward to reading other topics.
                            SIS U know how I feel. U will always have my admiration and respect.

Alooooha All....Enjoy ur weekend!
                            If any of u want to come by and ck out the activities tomorrow ur welcome. We're gonna have live music. So should be even more awesome.
                            We'll be on Hotel and Bethel Street next to the Hawaii Theater by Indigo.
                            We'll be setting up at 1230 and staying until the food is gone.

Comment

The feast is going pretty hot n heavy! Lots of people showed up to eat.

I called Kalona and her phone took off, getting passed from person to person, so I got to talk to Aunty Lynn too

Sounds like it's a success even with the faulty start.

Comment

Aloha! Wow! It was a SUCCESS! Bravo Sharon!!! From the begginning, my heart was excited. Sharon had planned everything to the core. From food, tables, chairs, drinks, etc. to who was going to do what. Everything organized to the T.

The Spirit of the Holiday were upon us all. There were no prejudice around. Our mission was to feed those less fortunate than us. To make their day special.

As I went around to take pictures, I saw many whom I knew from Benny's & the streets. I hugged each one and wished them Happy Holidays.

So much food, desserts, clothes, and so much, much LOVE!

Pictures are already posted on my Blog
                                @ http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog
                                enjoy!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X