No announcement yet.

What's the worst smell you've smelt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the worst smell you've smelt?

Thanks tutusue for the tip on the zip lock bags. Often my storage of food into the plastic containers are meant to be "temporary", meaning I'll either eat them later that day or the next. Often I forget about 'em as I eat something else or go somewhere else to eat. New food is bought, stored to the front of the fridge and the older ones pushed to the back and forgotten.... until clean-out day or the day I remember that I need so and so container... and it still got old food inside... oh boy.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

by the way, the Great Salt Lake in Utah smells pretty yucky.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        Thanks tutusue for the tip on the zip lock bags. Often my storage of food into the plastic containers are meant to be "temporary", meaning I'll either eat them later that day or the next. Often I forget about 'em as I eat something else or go somewhere else to eat. New food is bought, stored to the front of the fridge and the older ones pushed to the back and forgotten.... until clean-out day or the day I remember that I need so and so container... and it still got old food inside... oh boy.
        Mel...in addition to the bags they have plastic containers, a la Tupperware, dirt cheap...some square, some round, some small, some bigger. Handy stuff, those containers, and can be used for lotsa things, not just food. I seem to have the same eating pattern as you so when I eventually find one of those containers in the back of the fridge with food I no longer recognize, I just toss it out, container and all. Safeway has their own brand of plastic stuff but, at some point, all of the brands go on sale. They're made and priced to be disposable but I've had some for years.

Comment

You ever go to Daiei? They have a whole section of Japanese plastic stuff that sells for $1 each. This is what I usually put food that I intend to eat later but forget in all the time.... so yeah, when something stays there too long and tries to mutate into the Toxic Avenger, I have to take emergency action and toss the entire thing.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

When I was cafeteria manager at Na'alehu school I had my freezer full of turkeys, ground beef and fish burgers die on me over a Christmas holiday. Nobody noticed the smell for a week in a half. We came back to the most foul smell of death. I was gagging from the front door 30 feet away.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

I was placing targets for an aerial mapping project once in a duck farm. That's the foulest smell I've encountered. No pun intended.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                "smelt" a smell?
                You mean you can fuse or melt to separate metal... with a smell?
                whaaaat daaa...
                No, he means the past tense of smell. It's really easy to just go to dictionary.com before you get all shirty at other posters for their grammar or spelling, you know. It would save you a lot of time.

One time, I got a flat tire on the H2 and I stopped (by pure luck) next to a roadkill. That was bad.

Comment

I had been avoiding this thread. Apparently, for good reason.

But yeah, as Pomai said, the post-Katrina food decay situation was horrific. Even simple descriptions of the scene on the radio was enough to get me woozy. There are dumping sites where folks are taking their fridges and freezers completely intact, by the thousands, often wrapped top to bottom in Saran Wrap. I'd hate to be the guy whose job it is to take 'em from that point.

Comment

New Orleans Needs Sears Central and Best Buy

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    I'd hate to be the guy whose job it is to take 'em from that point.
                    The best thing to do with those rotting, stinkin' reefer's is to simply shovel them into a a big pit and incinerate the hell out of 'em. Then recycle the steel afterwards.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      I had been avoiding this thread.
                      ....there's a thread here?!

Comment

Working...
                      X