The IRS may owe you money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IRS may owe you money...

There are a bunch of residents in Hawai'i who overpaid their federal taxes and are eligible for some refunds. According to the IRS, 599 Hawai'i taxpayers are owed a total of more than $640,000, or an average of $1,070 each.

So if you filed for a refund and never received it, this might be your lucky day.
    Go to this website, type in your last name and see if you're owed some money.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: The IRS may owe you money...

Originally posted by Miulang
    There are a bunch of residents in Hawai'i who overpaid their federal taxes and are eligible for some refunds. According to the IRS, 599 Hawai'i taxpayers are owed a total of more than $640,000, or an average of $1,070 each.

So if you filed for a refund and never received it, this might be your lucky day.
    Go to this website, type in your last name and see if you're owed some money.

Miulang
    Here's another one for all of you. Sorry if this one's been mentioned before.
    http://pahoehoe.ehawaii.gov/lilo/app
    It's the State's unclaimed property search. I found almost $2000. earlier this year from the state of California! I have no idea what it was for and won't satisfy my curiosity as I don't want anyone in either state telling me it was a mistake! I found my name in June and received the check earlier this month. Hint...check all last names you've ever used including maiden, previous marriage(s), etc.! Let us know if you luck out!

Comment

Mahalo for a very sensational Web Site. I already got one return. Small but it's something. I going look for more.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        Here's another one for all of you. Sorry if this one's been mentioned before.
        http://pahoehoe.ehawaii.gov/lilo/app
        It's the State's unclaimed property search.
        Wow... i found over 1k that's owed to my late father....
        Much mahalo's, tutusue!

Comment

Tutusue! Mahalo for posting that link. I found a bit of money due FIVE relatives. I hope more people see your link.

Miulang: Mahalo for this thread and the Fed link. Alas, I always owe the Feds money.
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Very cool that a few of you...so far...have found some assets. My unsolicited advice is to over-document your claim and keep photocopies or scans of the claim form and all of your documentation. I never received any communication from the state regarding my claim between the time of submission and receipt of the check and started to question the authenticity. However, I did call the state and verify the web site before I submitted my claim due to the potential of identity theft should the web site be a hoax. I'm still soooooo curious what that almost $2000. was for!

Comment

Working...
            X