Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Wishlist

Final Count: 500 Slippahs!

Blaine will be getting the information on the costs on Monday. Will update you on how to send in your donations and to where.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It was worth the wait. The fever and anticipation was nothing compared to the euphoria that I felt engulfing me. Yes, the news on the screen that my WebMaster sent me...jumped right out! I screamed in excitement and happiness. MAMA stopped watching her Korean Movie. She thought I had gone bonkers and was ready to stand up and crank me with her cane to get me back into reality. She didn't have to.

When I saw her coming towards me, I regained my composure very fast. There was no way I was going to get hit with her half alive/half dead Black Cane! That thing has a mind of it's own!!! I'm serious. Shit. Where was I. Oh, yeah. I was happy. I started telling MAMA what my webmaster emailed me. Then MAMA started to get excited too. She went back to her chair.

Ok. Here's the scoops. Da "Slippahs" are being ordered! Please PM zztype to get his address to send your donations. Every bit helps.
      Our sincere appreciation for all your concern and patience. Mahalo for your prayers too. It is coming through. My Christmas Wish is coming true!

....I believe the children are our future
      Teach them well and let them lead the way
      Show them all the beauty they possess inside
      Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
      Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be!

Special Mahalo to: Webmaster Blaine (zztype) & Sue (Tutusue).

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MAYOR WRIGHT HOUSING!

3rd Annual Christmas Celebration For Residents on Thursday, December 22nd
      Lanai area across the Guard Shack ~ Da "Slippahs" will be distributed to the children by Santa! I'll be taking lot's of pictures to share!!

With HOPE ~ We can live wth Peace, Faith and LOVE!

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_...9/4candles.swf
      Last edited by 1stwahine; December 19, 2005, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Tutusue and The Ladies Of the Film Industry of Hawai'i donated $250.00!

D'Alana pledged $ 50.00

other pledges are coming in...

Mahalo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm sorry I haven't responded yet. I've been away from my computer since early this a.m. At this point I haven't slept in 27 hours. I need to go to bed. I'll have to wake up to go to work in about 3-1/2 hours from now.

I have a bunch of PM waiting. I also have a couple of emails. I will get to them late tonight or early tomorrow a.m.

I have ordered the slippers already. I don't have a delivery date yet, but I am sure they will be ready tomorrow, Thursday daytime at the latest.

I'll catch up with all the email and administrativ stuff tonight after I've had a couple of hours of sleep.

My apologies.

Blaine
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

~ The Spirit Of Christmas ~
            December 20, 2005, 5:34 pm
            http://tinyurl.com/ame3c
            (courtesy of Lurkah)

Now we just wait. The "Slippahs are ordered!" My WebMaster needs Sleep. I need to get well. The task is complete. Ryme. Thank you Tutusue and eveybody too. Thursday night is the night, My Christmas Wish Will Come TRUE!

Ahhh...The Spirit Of Christmas lives in us

Those who gave what they could

Those who couldn't but only prayed

That helped, we understood.

To give from your heart

With nothing in return

Is what it's all about

To share with those less fortunate

...especially to children

Is a gift so precious, words can not express

Toys can be bring smiles for a little while

But Slippahs will be remembered, used and worn for a long time.

Mahalo Dear readers, friends, and Ohana!

Lynn Vasquez aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Hello kakou!

Here's an update: We're buying 500 pairs. They only requested 388 but we're ordering 500 because the slipper guys gave us a great deal and we want to make sure we have enough for any kids we missed.

TutuSue has already raised enough money, $250, to pay for the slippers, so I'm suggesting that whatever else money comes in, I'm going to give it to Lynn and tell her get something else (or help her get something else), maybe small toy or sweets for the kids.

I have several more people who want to donate and I have replied to everyone who wrote to me already. If you want to send in a donation, my email address can be easily found at http://zztype.com

Send me a message and I'll give you my mailing address or PayPal info.

I hope to pick up the slippers today and will drop them off at Lynn's. The party is tomorrow night (Thursday) at MWH.

Mahalo for supporting this crazy idea!

Aloha,

Blaine

Comment

I've thanked everyone execpt the person responsible for making this all possible to begin with... who started the Christmas Wishlist thread, Adrian (doc1456).

...my apologies.

Mahalo.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

UPDATE: OPERATION MWH SLIPPAHS MOBILIZING!

This is it, gangy! I'm on my way to Locals Footwear to pick up the 500 pairs of slippers. Delivering to the Pupule Hale some time in the next couple of hours!

Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                    UPDATE: OPERATION MWH SLIPPAHS MOBILIZING!

This is it, gangy! I'm on my way to Locals Footwear to pick up the 500 pairs of slippers. Delivering to the Pupule Hale some time in the next couple of hours!

Blaine
                    Shoots! Too bad we can't track your journey online like we can track Santa's!

Comment

Pupule Hale standing by...

get Roast chicken and poi waiting if you like kaukau

...all da children going be so happy tonight wen get dey Slippahs!

I can't wait to see the sparkles in each and every one of their eyes!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wow...Lynn, Blaine, Sue, everybody ---

You saw a need, you responded and dealt with it. No big corporations seeking publicity, no photo ops, no governmental paperwork. No sitting around complaining that "somebody (else) oughta do something."

It's not only the kids at MWH who are getting something special; you have made my Christmas season joyous as well.

Mahalo nui loa - Mele Kalikimaka e Hau`oli Makahiki Hou!

Comment

You made me cry. Yes, it is the truth. Christmas is giving from the heart, not what you can get back, of publicity, or whose watching, what one can gain, etc. It is the gift of sharing to those less fortunate of things that may mean nothing to us but quite big to them.

When this all started it was all but a wish. Then because someone cared enough to ask in how to help (tutusue), it blossomed and grew and became true.

We all pitched in and did our best. Our purpose focused only on the children. Today, that focused will soon be seen. I will take pictures to share with everyone. Thank you for helping to make this wish come true.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            The difference with these children is that they don't have a choice. It's POVERTY as I stated before. It's sad, true and common to see them playing and going to school bare footed.
                            Oh, boy, I'm gonna get it for this, but I have to ask: What are their parents buying that is more important to them than their kids? Cigarettes? Beer? Crystal meth?

Poor keiki. Good job on the donations though, alla y'all.

Comment

Madazza, I thank you for having the guts to ask the question. Unfortunately, there are on this date at "my" counting and observance 4 drug houses at Mayor Wrights Housing. From that units, probably less than twenty children are residents. I don't have the full details at this time. If you want it, I can get it.

The other residents are mostly on welfare, Social Security, SSI, or other govt. agency. assistance. They also recieve Food Stamp. Medical Assistance, and stand in line at the end of the month as I do for Surplus Food during Food Distribution when it is given out by Palama Settlement. They don't have enough money.

Many residents come from third world countries. We have many who come from Micronesia lately so there have been Cultural clashes the past two years. The problems that occur at Mayor Wrights are not from residents but from non-residents. The Media doesn't print nor say that. The Media doesn't print the nice things that occur at MWH either.

Getting back to what you wanted to know. We have a Neighborhood Watch Walk that I am a part of. I am not afraid to turn in anyone I suspect of being drug houses or drug users to HPD. I am sick and tired of my neighborhood being dangerous for the children!

I fight back!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                Wow...Lynn, Blaine, Sue, everybody ---

You saw a need, you responded and dealt with it. No big corporations seeking publicity, no photo ops, no governmental paperwork. No sitting around complaining that "somebody (else) oughta do something."

It's not only the kids at MWH who are getting something special; you have made my Christmas season joyous as well.

Mahalo nui loa - Mele Kalikimaka e Hau`oli Makahiki Hou!
                                This small, grass roots effort to gift something so basic as a pair of slippers has touched everyone I've come into contact with. It took on a life of it's own! Locals Footwear truly made the project feasible. My film industry friends who contributed at a small, Saturday night get-together did so without any solicitation. I brought up the project and asked if it would be appropriate, once I found out all of the facts, to post a donation request on our industry list serv. The answer was yes! We figured probably $5./pair for the slippers but we just didn't know at that point, nor did we know the total number of slippers needed.

Then something magical happened. Without anyone saying a word, the ladies (it was a chick-fest!) went to their purses and started handing me money. I initially refused it because all the facts weren't in and I asked them to wait 'til they saw the list serv request. They insisted I take the money then and there. And, because of Locals Footwear's generosity, the money collected Saturday night covered all of the slippers. Whodathunk?! I've received phone calls and emails from those ladies in film thanking me profusely for mentioning it as it has made their (and my!) Christmas holidays joyous as well.

This is what Christmas is all about...isn't it?

Auntie Lynn's faith, esp. during her illness, and Blaine's willingness to forego sleep kept the project moving forward. Locals Footwear was the icing on the cake. Even Paul Ogata got into the act making a donation request on his radio show! Everyone who donated will be adding to the joy of the season for the MWH keiki. Ah geez...I just love random acts of kindness esp. when they all happen at the same time!

Comment

Working...
                                X