Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas Wishlist

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    The Date has been changed to December 20th. Wednesday @ 7:00 p.m. Still in the yard of my Hale.
    Here's hoping "ZZSanta" is able to get everything together in time for tonight; you know he'll do his best - and we'll be thinking of all the MWH keiki this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Here's hoping "ZZSanta" is able to get everything together in time for tonight; you know he'll do his best - and we'll be thinking of all the MWH keiki this evening!
      Much Mahalo Leo Lakio!

Everything will go as scheduled.

Hot Dog Cart courtesy of Sharon Black. Filled with Chili, rice, cheese, condiments, etc. Juice, snacks, shave-Ice and lots of goodies for the children. Most of all...Lots of ALOHA and LOVE!

Cake donated by my daughter, son-in-law and Antonio. Cup cakes donated by an Army Officer and his wife. Both my son and daughter coming to help. Also, Online friends.

Wendel Chu, Manager of MWH gave permission to use the Lanai area!

Thank you everyone for making my Wish come true AGAIN!

Auntie Lynn and The Children of Mayor Wright Housing!!!!!

Kids no moa slippahs at last year's distribution.

Moa kids neva had slippahs...
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Update: Slippahs aren't able to make it by tonight. Das ok.

No problem! Whatever slippahs I got..I'll pass out. The rest I'll
        take the name, sizes, ph. numbers and tell the children, I'll call them when to
        pick up their slippahs! Full speed ahead!

It's PARTY TIME at MWH for the KIDS!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie...I love that you've continued your slippah wish. Sounds like it might become a Christmas tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Auntie...I love that you've continued your slippah wish. Sounds like it might become a Christmas tradition.
            Thanks tutusue!

I couldn't just sit and do nuttin...das not my style.heheheh

I googled and got UnikingHI.com ;D

Blaine is picking up "Slippahs" at 4:30 p.m.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

All PAU!

Janeen, Jon and I started to set up at 5:00 p.m. Kids started to arrive. I told them the party starts at 7:00 p.m. It was useless. They kept coming back with more of them each time. The line started about 6:00 p.m.

Ross and Kuni arrived with the Hot Dog Buns and Surprised Gifts. Ross was our Santa Claus tonight. Soon Soos and hubby, Ted arrived. The crowd began to get LARGER! Christmas Songs completed the scene by Charmaine. Karaoke was available too. I sang "Merry Christmas Darling!"

Everything was set up by Soos, Ted, John and Janeen. We were waiting for Sharon and crew. At 6:55 p.m. Sharon and crew showed up with a bang! We all went into action. Christy, Izzy, Chaz, and Al hurried to make the food line going.

Opening remarks and prayer by me. Den ~ it began! The 2006 Annual Slippah Christmas Wish II started! Oh! What a celebration it was! Every child and every adult was happy tonight. Food, drinks , snacks, shave-ice, dessert, candies, etc. Boxes and Boxes of goodies a child would want and more! I gave away whole pies to every family.

After they got their food, goodies and sat down...Santa went around with his bag of gifts and gave each child a present.

It was MAGICAL.

I looked from afar...and cried.

To see so many little ones laughing and happy. To be able to celebrate knowing this is for them...yet not knowing whom made it all possible. The wonderful SPECIAL people on the Internet whom I call my Online Ohana.

Mahalo to ALL of you who made tonight possible and my WISH come true again.

Auntie Lynn and The Children of Mayor Wright Housing!

Pictures to come laterz.

Comment

Congratulations, Auntie. Great job!

Comment

Not much. Let's see:

some CD's
                  Sorry! Card Revenge (an electronic version of Sorry)
                  some DVD's
                  anything else that anyone wants to give me
                  'Alika

Comment

Bump!

Two years ago, Adrian started this thread. On Oct. 30th, I posted my Wish.

"This Christmas, I got all I want...GOD, my children, MAMA, my son-inlaws and my lil' Antonio.

I do have something to wish for: I wish for all the children of MWH to have a pair of rubber slippers so they won't have to go bare footed.

Somehow, even if I'll be one month late in getting them their slippers...I'll make sure they'll get it!"

The MWH Slippah Wish Fund is alive and well. The magic continues to spread and touch the very hearts of everyone who reads or hears about the cause. It's simple yet a mighty one. Slippahs for the Keiki of Public Housing and The Homeless of Hawai'i nei.

2007 ~ I got Kiana too! hahahah

2006 MWH Slippah Wish Celebration!

Pat Gee, wrote about the Project this morning.
                    http://starbulletin.com/2007/11/14/news/story08.html

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 14, 2007, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Pat Gee, wrote about the Project this morning. http://starbulletin.com/2007/11/14/news/story08.html
                      I saw that early this morning and cheered! Congrats to you and to Blaine, Auntie!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        I saw that early this morning and cheered! Congrats to you and to Blaine, Auntie!!!
                        heheheh

Mahalo LikaNui!

It only gets bigger and better.

I told my niece, Carley, our intentions of giving Slippahs to the Homeless Children on the Leeward Coast last week. She knew Dawn, the wahine who started the "Christmas Kid's Campaign!"

Her story. Two years ago she was driving home from work. She decides to make Christmas Gifts and give out to the Homeless Keiki on the Leeward Coast. This year she expects to give out four hundred.

She called me this morning. I told her my story. heheheh

We will meet on December 22nd at 7:00 a.m. at the 76 Station by Maile Point. HPD is assisting with traffic.

Ahhhhh....The Spirit of Christmas!

I need a flat-bed truck.
                        Decorations and Decorators for 12/21/07.
                        lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X