Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Christmas Gift Received

I received a gift basket today....

It had a tag on it that said... thanks for your hard work.... and the person's initials....

It was blatantly re-gifted to me... (left anonymously on my desk) I DON'T
    MEAN THAT IT WAS LEFT W/OUT ME KNOWING WHO LEFT IT... I MEAN..
    I FEEL ANONYMOUS AS TO WHY THEY GAVE IT TO ME...(AS IT DID NOT HAVE MY NAME ON IT ANYWHERE)

I could see where it had previous hole punches in the top of the bag for a ribbon or something... but what really gave it away was that after I started munching some of the items in the basket... I noticed an envelop in it...

I thought??? MONEY????

It was sealed and said with Love, Al. I thought to myself...WTF???? who the hell is Al???

So then I opened the envelop to find a note stating "If you want to go to Vegas again... you know how to reach me.... Al" (and it had a 1 dollar in it!!!)

I feel too shame to re-give the basket back to the person who gave it to me....... What if they are having an affair or something???? What am I gonna say...ugh... you gave me this basket... but someguy is asking me to go to vegas with him??? was this for me???? etc????

Any suggestions???
    Last edited by damontucker; December 21, 2005, 07:47 PM. Reason: I need to clarify on some words...

Re: Worst Christmas Gift Received

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    I received a gift basket today....

It had a tag on it that said... thanks for your hard work.... and the person's initials....

It was blatantly re-gifted to me... (left anonymously on my desk)

I could see where it had previous hole punches in the top of the bag for a ribbon or something... but what really gave it away was that after I started munching some of the items in the basket... I noticed an envelop in it...

I thought??? MONEY????

It was sealed and said with Love, Al. I thought to myself...WTF???? who the hell is Al???

So then I opened the envelop to find a note stating "If you want to go to Vegas again... you know how to reach me.... Al" (and it had a 1 dollar in it!!!)

I feel too shame to re-give the basket back to the person who gave it to me....... What if they are having an affair or something???? What am I gonna say...ugh... you gave me this basket... but someguy is asking me to go to vegas with him??? was this for me???? etc????

Any suggestions???
    You know what the ads say, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You should just be happy you got something. I would be happy if it was recycled or not. Maybe the person who gave it to you felt they didn't deserve it but you did.

Comment

What the heck, it was good for a good bellylaugh, at least! Post the card on the bulletin board!! Heehee!
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Mahalo, I think I just got over being SICK!

I neva laugh so much! My gala's cames up in klunks!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
          X