New Year's Plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Plans!

Well, we've shared some advice on how one could ring in the new year... where and how do you plan to (or where and how did you) welcome 2006?

We tend to shut ourselves in and hide from the noise and smoke, curl up in front of the TV, and often end up sleeping straight through the magic moment at midnight. Sometimes we'll head off to see one of the big fireworks shows, but not this year. After a simple dinner with some poke and sashimi, we'll just relax as a family, look back on 2005, and look forward to "The Year of the Dog" (which doesn't begin officially until Jan. 29, but anyway...).

Tomorrow, New Year's services at my family's Buddhist temple in Waipahu, and a visit to the family grave in Mililani... and probably sweeping up the neighbors' fireworks trash in the driveway.

Got any resolutions? Don't forget to post them here. We'll be checking in on you this time next year!

Re: New Year's Plans!

I tested the waters in Chinatown last night. MAMA and I were supposed to go to my daughter's and son in-law's home. But Chinatown was so great, MAMA insists I take her there tonight...plus I can cause some moa havoc!

Auntie Lynn

Happy New Years 2006!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, everbody (especially one wahine Rambo and her Mom who are determined clean up Chinatown once and for all )

Here's to a 2006 that's filled with peace, good health and prosperity for you all.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, Kakou! The best to everyone in 2006. It's GOTTA be better than 2005, no?!
        Blaine
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Happy happy everybody out there. The fish stay cut in blocks and wrapped, the tako is all cleaned, the onaga waiting for get steamed and the sake stay icing in the cooler...now just gotta wait for the ohana and then we start talking story start drinking then the kids go do some fireworks.

So until next year....ta ta!

Comment

Either its going to be a good new years because my brother's back from Maui, or it'll be a bad one because I'm halucinating (got the flu).

As usual, we cook BBQ and pancit for good luck and just wait the hours until its midnight, then we clean up the street for 2 hours, then a few hours later, we start to clean up the house/vehicles.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm still brushing the fireworks soot off of me from NYE 1997. Where the heck did the intervening years go? I'm gonna stay home (always my 1st choice for NYE) and watch the beach erode (not my 1st choice)! A big chunk eroded back to the property line just since last Monday. Amazing, considering layers and layers of the huge sand bags were put in place a year or two ago to stall the erosion 'til the cause could be addressed. The sand bags are now falling into the ocean like a stack of children's blocks. The surf is really big so I anticipate being even more oceanfront by tomorrow morning.

Comment

Stay home, sip champagne, maybe light a few bottle rockets.

Comment

Stay home, sedate the dog, worry about the roof, cuss the fireworks and the smoke.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Happy New Year's everyone!! We had a nice BBQ earlier and now we are just hanging out popping fireworks and watching our neighborhood go off!! We are having a blast!! AHAHAHH May all of you have a fun and safe evening. Talk to you in 2006.

Comment

My cousin and I just got back from a night out. We had an early dinner at Ryans, went to check out what was playing at the Wallace Theater but decided to pass because we couldn't agree on what to watch, then went for drinks at Dave and Busters. After that we drove through Chinatown. We didn't want to stay for the fireworks because we wanted to avoid driving home through all the smoke.

I just want to thank everyone for their suggestions.

Wishing everyone a very happy new year!

Comment

Working...
                      X