• Show
Clear All

Re: Mormons-

May his loving hands touch your heart and mind
    So that you cease to speak in vain of him
    My GOD is an awesome GOD
    He reigns on heaven and Earth!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wow, rough anti-Mormon crowd here at Hawaii Threads. I had no idea.

Well, if my tenderhearted son, Niko, ever ends up serving a mission in Hawaii and comes to your home, I hope you guys will be kind to him and simply say that you're not interested, and then close the door.

I know it can be frustrating to get a knock on the door from LDS missionaries. They mean well.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

U'ilani, I wouldn't say this thread is against Mormons. It's more about being annoyed by religious people who come door to door to try and convert you, regardless of their denomination. Note that we give quite a few whacks to Jehovah's Witnesses too, and even the Buddhists. If the Catholics did it too, I'm sure we'd be annoyed with them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Something I've wondered for a while now about those fresh young boys traveling around in pairs on their bikes with their white shirts and ties. On the nametags that they wear, they have the title "Elder". Elder Tom, Elder John, etc. Elder?! They can't be more than 20 years old; why are they called Elders?
          Das because dey see da light and have embraced da religion, das why. They da ones spreading da Gospel (as told to Brigham Young). Dey da bearers of da message, right, Kimo?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey PZ! Your "Ads by Goooooogle" at the top can be hilarious. Just now, for this thread it put up an ad for:

Mormons Sale
            New & used Mormons. Check out the deals now!
            www.ebay.com

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
              Wow, rough anti-Mormon crowd here at Hawaii Threads. I had no idea.

just haveta do a search here and find we are equal opportunity "rough on anything crowd".
              most erryting in american culcha is ripe for dissecting in this manner.
              Not pro or con, not anti or for, on much of what makes up contemporary religious mores....
              but if da shoe fits...
              Last edited by kimo55; February 24, 2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hey PZ! Your "Ads by Goooooogle" at the top can be hilarious. Just now, for this thread it put up an ad for:

bahahahahahaha! What the hecuba are Google and eBay trying to do, now? Recycling Mormons (like our fallen Kimo)???! I think I'll go do a search on eBay for used Mormons.

Miulang

P.S.: Wow! There are 36 pages of Mormon stuff on eBay right now! Among other things is a doorknob from the Salt Lake Temple that is going for $36.00 right now (auction ends in about 2 minutes).
                Last edited by Miulang; February 24, 2005, 01:08 PM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

that works with most every word. Go to google.
                  type in search for;
                  fart
                  look at the upper right corner.

you can get anything on ebay!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                    Being Morman myself here a funny one... I told a Jehovah at my door "I'm a Morman" and handed them a Book of Morman. They never came to my home in 5 years.
                    OMG - that's the best thing I have heard all week.
                    I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Recycling Mormons (like our fallen Kimo)???!
                      I joined the cult years ago, cuz i thought they were saying L.S.D.!
                      Originally posted by kamapuaa
                      I like to ask them about their holy underwear.
                      for a 5 buck donation, they will show it to you.
                      20 dollars if it's a female missionary.

Comment

hey let's not forget those Hari Krishnas. At least Mormons take a bath! If you have good positive air pressure inside your house, the smell flows out of the house. I told a Krishna once to take a bath before coming back. Either the cult became to boring for them or they simply never took a bath but I never saw them again.

As for Mormons, I spent an hour at my door (yes made them stand in the sun for an hour in their neckties) talking to them about the virtues of being a Protestant. You know UCC United Church of Christ (for which the Protestant church is affiliated with) recently vowed to support Gay Christianity. By being a Protestant and riding a bike with another squeeky clean young Morman man, you can make two statements at the same time and blame the appearance of being gay to your religion!

There's a reason why Mormons are here on this earth, one of them is to keep Schwinn in business.
                        Last edited by craigwatanabe; February 24, 2005, 02:37 PM.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          Go to google. type in search for; fart
                          look at the upper right corner.
                          you can get anything on ebay!
                          Verrrrrry funny!
                          I did it, and saw two ads in the results:

"Fart
                          Fart for sale. aff
                          Check out the deals now!
                          www.eBay.com"

Funny thing is, I clicked on the link and found that E-Bay has 506 items for sale under the "fart" heading!!!
                          Then the next ad said:

"Download "Fart"
                          Listen to "Fart" track free.
                          14 days Free w/ no obligation!
                          RhapsodyLive.com"

I didn't check to see if there really was a "fart track", though...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

whoa!
                            a weird anti cult/new age and kinda anti Mormon site.

http://www.watchman.org/ldstools.htm

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              I didn't check to see if there really was a "fart track", though...

(I have abstained for far too long to make this inevitable comment)

I would hate it if my fart left tracks...

Comment

Working...
                              X