See or Hear No More?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See or Hear No More?

Okay, so it's not as fun as "Would You Rather Perspire Fluorescent Green Sweat or Fart Blue Smoke?" A poll that surprisingly tied at 10 each. But I'll ask anyway:

If you had to sacrifice either the sense of sight or the sense of hearing, which would you choose? Go blind, or go deaf? And why? Love reading too much? Does music rule your life? Always wanted to learn sign language? Never want to give up the sight of your lover's beautiful face?

No disrespect intended to anyone who actually is blind or deaf, by the way.
    Sight. I'd rather be blind.
    0.00%
    Sound. I'd rather be deaf.
    100.00%

Re: See or Hear No More?

Speaking for myself, I rather lose my hearing.

Comment

I'd rather go deaf. Being Bi-Polar/Manic Depressive, I can't listen to music if I'm doing something else. It throws my concentration off. I enjoy things quiet.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If I had the choice and HAD to choose, I'd pick losing my hearing. Just because I feel it would be sooo difficult without sight. It would be a hardship on me to not be able to listen to music or the "nice" comments from my wife.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I like it quiet. If there were coqui in the yard, no problem.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hmmm... being a cell phone geek, I like to listen to ringtones and my phones would be utterly useless w/out my sense of hearing. On the other hand: I'm a computer geek, so that means I need to see the screen and see the parts to fix (or else I have a bloody hand).

Can't I only be able to hear from one ear, and have extreme near sightedness? LOL

J/K I'll just cut off my ears. I can jam on the keyboard and I'm pretty good at texting, so I can still communicate.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I couldn't stand losing my sight, I'm too much of a visual person. I would be lost without my camera, computer, and ps2. I'm also always looking at the world around me in wonder.

Plus, I'm pretty sure no matter how deaf you are, you can pick up certain things, such as bass. So, as long as you listened to music that was really bassy you could dance

So yeah. I'd go for the loss of hearing.

Here's another question:

Arms or legs? Which would you be more willing to give up, if you had to? (And, again, this is meant as no dis respect.)

Good thread pzarquon!

Comment

Chee, why no go for all three:

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil!

That about covers it.

As far as which one I would pick, I'm really torn, not sure, can't decide.

Blaine
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                X