Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Surfing

Hello folks

How about that raw sewage dumped into the Alawai and closing down our beaches?

Eventhough the water may not be dirty brown but topaz blue, rumor has it the toxins levels in the water are at it's highest level ever. The world is watching and listening, and hedging their bets and opting out of touring hawaii. No thanks to the doomsday pedalers at our fine local t.v. news stations.

Finally something positive coming out of this Public Relations Disaster.

My show, the Surf Session Report, http://surfsessionreport.com, is the largest syndicated reality entertaiment that constantly promotes the best of what hawaii has to offer

Yesterdy I posted a new episode that runs 4 minutes or so, and it highlights the sewage spill, closed beaches and the few risk taking surfers.
    The music is fun, "Bossaloha", and the story is light hearted and adds a bright spot to an otherwise murky story.... sorry 'bout the pun, I couldn't resist.
    Check it out at:
    http://surfsessionreport.com

Come see what 20,000+ people are viewing all over the world.

Enjoy and spread the positive news about Hawaii.
    It is what is best for everybody who lives here.

Re: Sewer Surfing

yer site is buggy. dude.
    the header sez;

relocate

and the screen is blank for far too long.

"relocate"?! hellwidat!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      yer site is buggy. dude.
      the header sez;

relocate

and the screen is blank for far too long.

"relocate"?! hellwidat!
      Dunno, Kimo. I didn't have that problem and if anyone's gonna have a problem it's the untechie tutu! I'm using Safari 2.0.3. How 'bout you?

Comment

Ugh. Some guy fell into the Ala Wai Boat Harbor last Friday, at the height of the sewage spill there. Now he's in the hospital on life support, struggling to survive deadly infections. They've already had to amputate one of his legs.

Here's the Star-Bulletin's story with more details.
        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; April 5, 2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          Dunno, Kimo. I didn't have that problem and if anyone's gonna have a problem it's the untechie tutu! I'm using Safari 2.0.3. How 'bout you?
          ug. i got an old safari 1.3
          must update i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            Ugh. Some guy fell into the Ala Wai Boat Harbor last Friday, at the height of the sewage spill there. Now he's in the hospital on life support, struggling to survive deadly infections. They've already had to amputate one of his legs.

Here's the Star-Bulletin's story with more details.
            That latest news of the poor guy is that he may have been beaten up in a fight and pushed into the Ala Wai.

Comment

Breaking news:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br01p.html

Bacterial infection claims man's life

"A Waikiki man who had been battling a massive bacterial infection since he fell or was pushed into the sewage-tainted waters at the Ala Wai Boat Harbor died about 9:15 last night at The Queen's Medical Center, the city Department of the Medical Examiner said this morning."
              (...)
              "Health experts are split in their opinions as to whether or to what extent Johnson's fall into the polluted water may have led to the bacterial infection that caused or contributed to his death."

Sad deal.
              And I'm willing to bet that the city and county of Honolulu can expect to be served with a lawsuit within a matter of days.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Sad deal.
                And I'm willing to bet that the city and county of Honolulu can expect to be served with a lawsuit within a matter of days.
                The police also said they would be opening a homicide investigation.

Comment

http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...WS01/604080336

Through intentional negligence, the City murdered Oliver Johnson. With malice aforethought.
                  Through reprehensible, irresponsible city management, through apathy of the simple cause and effect visible to any one, overbuild Waikiki and you MUST upgrade the sewage system.... we are witness to this unforgivable act. And any one of us, can fall victim to the fatal danger handed to us by our enemy, the City and the State of Hawaii.
                  It was not a sewage spill; it was a forced action. Spill implies an accident. Not meant. THIS is an intentional emptying of the city's bowels into public water, the sea and beach, which thousands should be able to enjoy with no fear the city or state will harm our health or intentionally, through any wanton or excused acts, curtail our daily basic freedom and way of life in enjoying our land and sea. And for the city to ignore repeated advisories... for years... to repair, fix, mend, upgrade the sewage system, and then to see the forewarned inevitability, is absolutely reprehensible.

WHY did Mufi stand there and say:
                  hey we dun wanna send human's waste to the yacht and boat harbor, and the ocean, but we are gonna. too bad. Wat; think fish can sue? they won't. so here we go!

Why would they DO this? cuz it won't end up in another community of wealthy land/homeowners with packs of lawyers in their pockets to sue.
                  IF.. the only option was to send this sewage down the streets of Hawaii Kai or the Hawaii Kai harbor, do you THINK for a moment Mufi and company would find an alternative?! You better bet yer sweet Honeywagon they would!

Some kid jumps headlong right into the blowhole here on Oahu. The family sues. The kid did it intentionally; walk past warning signs onto a very obvious natural danger. sharp lava rock, an area known for decades as something you enjoy from afar. There is talk by the mainland family that they not only want cashola from Hawaii, for their son's dumb act, but also, hey. Put a metal grate over the blowhole. Of course all this is absurd. My point is; We have a boat harbor... beaches that are wide open to the public. I mean, the most famous beach in the whole stinkin woild. And the city sez:
                  hey; let's pour human waste into it! let's us turn it into a festering plaguepit. Wheee! what fun. THEN point the finger everywhere else but where it should.
                  The Ala Wai Harbor is wide open to anyone near the Ilikai, of course, a few yards away from the Harbor Pub, we have a drop into the water... from any point along any area of the boardwalks... even beFORE the forced deposit of millions of gallons of human waste, the Ala Wai was never cleaned, kept up.... It always was a danger. But NOW?! fugeddaboutit! Any other government, in the sightest degree, responsible for the safety and well being of their citizenry would make damn sure this major world attraction; the yacht harbor at the gateway to Waikiki, would be safe and fairly clean. And well protected from the dangers of this kind of thing happening. by ANYone or anything. for any reason. But hey. this is a third world country. whadda we want?!
                  Hawaii's new state motto; "he who expects nuthin' ain't gonna be deceived"
                  The state and city are not at all proving themselves proper stewards of the Hawaiian lands taken from Kanaka Maoli. But that's of course, another rant, another day, another thread.

and another thing; WHY were english warning signs put up late on the beaches? and then, why was Japanese signage delayed for a week or so after that?!
                  Jeezusss keyRICE! Is the city being run by ostriches with their behinds mooning the sun and heads in polluted sand?!
                  Boy, has the local government laid an egg this time. And it is ROTten!
                  Last edited by kimo55; April 8, 2006, 12:50 PM. Reason: "reason for editing"? ya think perfection happens overnite?!

Comment

Wow! Kimo55! I'm am totally impressed.

Exceptionally well written and corectly so.

Bravo!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

thangewthangewthangewaunty
                      youshouldexpectnothinglessiambutasimplemssengeroft hethruth nowaiththat'snotright,thefactsyeathat'sit.
                      Last edited by kimo55; April 8, 2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Standing O for the K-man! Bravo!

Comment

"old" news now but that poor guy definitely died a horrible death.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/08/news/story03.html

how disgusting. and to think they had to cut him open cuz he had swelled so much. ugh, so disgusting. and for his mother and brother to see him in that condition must have been beyond words....
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

In The StarBulletin this morning: http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/09/news/story01.html

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

...what struck me is da part where the reporter quotes him "To me, very clearly, if people wanted their waste-water system improved, then they should have elected me mayor in 2000."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I neva voted for Harris then and I neva voted for foa Mufi in the last election either - I voted for Duke Bainum! No blame me for all the KAKA'S!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Also in The StarBulletin this morning: http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/09/news/briefs.html
                            back in the Newswatch-Fire/Police Section.

"Hannemann to talk transit on D.C. trip"
                            from tomarrow till Wednesday. Hmmm...I wonda if he going mention our sewage problems in Waikiki? Because "us" citizens neva voted for for him in 2000!

Big Head, Big Head! Shhhh! Bachi! Going get ukipila problems when he get back. Homeless and KAKA'S combined foa saying sumting lil dat. Getting too big foa your own good, uh? Remember, wat goes up can come down.

Mufi running Amok in his office @ Honolulu Hale!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

For some reason, that's the only thing I always associated with Mufi. Always pointing a finger at someone else. Didn't vote for him last time around and doubt I'll change my mind the next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X