I Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Believe

In the 1950s, Ed Murrow had a radio program in which he asked people about their core beliefs. He asked everyday people on the street as well as rich and famous people. NPR decided to continue on gathering people's beliefs that guide their daily lives.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4538138

So I thought it would be interesting to do something similar here and ask what is your core belief here in Hawaii? It doesn't have to be long or fancy as long as it's phrased in a positive way (That is "I believe" rather than "I don't believe").

This is mine ~

I Believe: That a single candle can light a thousand candles. That the things that make the world run may seem to be the smallest thing like our grandparents teaching our parents how to do certain things and about our local/family traditions and about our parents teaching us. That big results can happen when enough people do what they can to help, even if it seems like each contribution is small.

Re: I Believe

I believe that big dreams make big results.

I believe that I can make a good living anywhere on the planet doing just about anything I choose to do.

I believe that children are inherently good.

I believe that individual ignorance is amusing, until they find each other. Then it's dangerous.

I believe that you are born smart or stupid. College is not likely to change anything.

I believe that on 2nd & short, you should always throw the bomb.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I believe...
      ...in karma.

Comment

I Believe: If can, can, if no can, no can.

Comment

a man's got ta believe in something, I think. i believe i will think of something....

Comment

I believe that...

Patience is a virtue
            and virtue is a grace
            Both put together
            make a very pretty face

And I know that I'm not as pretty as I think I am... or as I could be.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I believe...

I believe for every drop of rain
              that falls a flower grows

I believe that somewhere
              in the darkest night a candle glows

I believe for everyone who goes astray
              someone will come to show the way

I believe, I believe

I believe above the storm
              the smallest prayer will still be heard

I believe that someone in the great
              somewhere hears every word

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry
              or touch a leaf or see the sky
              Then I know why I believe

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I believe that kid's gonna need a diaper change within the hour

I believe in miracles

I believe that one day we will have free internet

I believe in God because the act of simply believing is a belief in hope and that's something even atheists believe in, so there must be a greater force out there guiding us. We all wish for a better time and place for mankind...who are we asking for this miracle to happen if there's no God to wish upon.

I believe that one day I'll win the Publisher's Clearinghouse jackpot...hmmm maybe I should put that in the "I Don't Believe" thread

I believe I will have a great day today only because I trust in the Lord that it will happen.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I believe --- if God tells you what to believe, that's okay with me.
                  I believe --- if God tells you to tell ME what to believe, we have a problem.

Comment

The problem is that God uses his disciples as conduits for his message of forgiveness and you may have to hear it from people like me or you won't hear it from God.

The problem is that some people THINK they are doing God's work but in reality are just schitzo.

The problem is that...well that's not the way to make a believer out of someone otherwise bent on not believing.

I believe the only way a person will find God is to find God himself. Once found all the believers can help him along.

I also believe that one shouldn't ram one's religion down another's throat. Just as vegetarians shouldn't ram their diet down mine.

I do believe in a day of reckoning so I'm trying to be my best.

Comment

I believe that I distinctly recalling my mother advising me as a youngster that it's best to not discuss religion or politics with others.
                      I believe she was a very wise woman.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I believe that there is no meaning in the world but that which we choose to give it.

Comment

<michael jackson voice>I believe the children are our future</michael jackson voice> (j/k)

I believe that you can do it if you know you can do it.

And I believe that if something isn't broken, then you're not trying hard enough.

Originally posted by D'Alani
                          I Believe: If can, can, if no can, no can.
                          That's also my philosophy in life
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

And I believe one day you will have a kick ass laptop

Comment

I believe in Whacks Whacks too!
                              (not on babies, and children)
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X