• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    PZ your vog of the lantern festival was excellent... it looked like you had a multi camera set up and all... very professional.

And nice touch with the blessing to your ohana that passed away this year.

Manoa
    My sentiments exactly! Great job, PZ.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    PZ your vog of the lantern festival was excellent... it looked like you had a multi camera set up and all... very professional.
    Thanks. 'Twas just me and my simple digital camera in "movie mode," edited cut-and-paste style in QuickTime Pro (even though I have iMovie). I'm inordinately happy with how it turned out.

It was a beautiful event, though. Even at 320x240, it makes me a little verklempt.

As with my "Waikiki Spam Jam" piece, it turns out fellow video podcaster Vernon Brown was, again, out there covering the same event. So you can catch the ceremony from a different perspective here.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

And nice touch with the blessing to your ohana that passed away this year.

Manoa

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied
    Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds
    Imagine the possibility of running your car (and all internal combustion engines) using water.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds

Haven't posted a video in a while, but I'm rather fond of my latest snapshot of island life.

We went down to Magic Island tonight for the Toro Nagashi, or lantern offering, ceremony. Held in conjunction with Memorial Day, this traditional Buddhist rite honors the dead with paper lanterns sent out to sea with messages and blessings. Even with the crowds and everything else, the sight of those lanterns at sunset never fails to take my breath away.

Compressed, embedded video here, where you'll also find links to other sizes and formats (such as the fast streaming YouTube version here). Enjoy! A few cameraphone shots can also be found here.
    Last edited by pzarquon; May 30, 2006, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X