What makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you happy?

Tonight, my Mom just "treated" herself and bought a $90 speaker set. I don't know what surprises me more: the fact that we now have 4 speaker sets with subwoofers in the house, or that my Mom spent money on a computer product.

I guess she wanted to get into the "computer game" and get her something computer related, but I'll become a nurse when she opens a computer to add more RAM and don't fry it. That was the first time I seen her happy with an electronic item in my life.

So, what makes you (or someone you know) happy?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What makes you happy?

Seeing my 82 year MAMA and 1 year old grandson,Antonio, play and laugh together. Absolutely PRECIOUS!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The prospects of some land acquisition in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        Tonight, my Mom just "treated" herself and bought a $90 speaker set. I don't know what surprises me more: the fact that we now have 4 speaker sets with subwoofers in the house, or that my Mom spent money on a computer product.

I guess she wanted to get into the "computer game" and get her something computer related, but I'll become a nurse when she opens a computer to add more RAM and don't fry it. That was the first time I seen her happy with an electronic item in my life.

So, what makes you (or someone you know) happy?
        Having an impossibly long task list and nailing every. Single. Item. To my complete satisfaction. Burn that candle on all ends, bebe! I thrive on stress.

pax

Comment

Planning my little grass shack by day.
          Dancing by night!
          Having the time to do both. And therein lies the problem.

Comment

I'll be thirty-seven in 31 minutes, and it causes me to wonder if I'll ever be truly happy. Pua`i says she thrives on stress; I seem to thrive on misery.

However, the one thing that I can look at in my life with real satisfaction is the work I do. Having meaningful work to do and knowing you're doing it fairly well can go a long, long way. I think pursuing happiness by making the other sixteen hours of your day meaningful is a better way to go (the other twelve hours, if you're a teacher!), but if you believe that there is such a thing as a "calling" when it comes to a career, you can get pretty close to happiness by making those eight working hours meaningful.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scriv, I gotta go moimoi. Happy Birthday! Wishing ya that made me HAPPY! Have a great one my friend!

Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                I'll be thirty-seven in 31 minutes
                Happy Birthday Scrivener!

Singing:
                Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Scrivener, Happy Birthday to you!

I'll be thirty-eight in a few months from now... whooo hoooo!

What makes me happy? Appreciation of life, health, career, stability, companionship, family, friends and faith.

Aww, O.K. HawaiiThreads.com makes me happy too.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

My family, I'm happy that my first 2 girls have successful careers, blessed to stay home to take care of my other 4 children, having a wonderful and loving husband making sure and doing everything he can to make me happy away from home and of course that my parents are still living and doing well.

Last of all, I get to thank the Lord for all my wonderful blessings with my family church.
                  Faith, the evidence of things not seen, but things that are hopeful.

Comment

I'll be thirty-seven in 31 minutes.
                    Happy Birthday, old man!
                    Blaine
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Oh, yeah! Back on topic: Nothing makes my heart happier than to hear my kid cracking up at something. The sound of his laughter just makes me grin like an idiot! I love it when he's having fun! (Alex is 11.)
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

What makes me happy? Knowing I'm not the only one posting stuff on HT at 3am!!!

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hau`oli la hanau, Scriv... you young whippersnapper!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Happy Birthday Scrivener!!!

My family and friends make me happy (they also make me sad, angry...etc.) But that's life....
                            Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I'll be thirty-seven in 31 minutes, and it causes me to wonder if I'll ever be truly happy. Pua`i says she thrives on stress; I seem to thrive on misery.
                              Otanjoobi omedetoo gozaimasu, Scrivener-san.

May this birthday present you with the opportunity to re-evaluate what you seek to make you "truly happy." Unfortunately, it often takes a crisis in life to teach us our priorities - and they can change over the years.

Here's hoping your wisdom (as shown so often in your HT postings) alleviates the need for such a crisis, but also provides you with strength, should said crisis occur.

Comment

Working...
                              X