Chinatown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: china town

I used to go to Hank's Place a lot a couple of years ago - had friends who played there on Fridays. One thing I can say about that bar - had the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen, anywhere - including the fancy hotels!!!!

I would like to go try the new jazz place when I get some extra $$$.

Fran
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
      I used to go to Hank's Place a lot a couple of years ago - had friends who played there on Fridays. One thing I can say about that bar - had the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen, anywhere - including the fancy hotels!!!!

I would like to go try the new jazz place when I get some extra $$$.

Fran
      Eh, Girlfriend! I recall emailing you couple of nights ago? Feeling better? Let me know...I treat!

I like hea all dat Jazz too!!!!

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

eh Lynn - I think we need to wait til it opens? and yeah, am feeling a little better - mahalo for asking........

I also remember this cute little guy named Francis that would bring the food at Hank's - he also worked at the Elks Club. Haven't been to Hank's for a loooong time!
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
          eh Lynn - I think we need to wait til it opens? and yeah, am feeling a little better - mahalo for asking........

I also remember this cute little guy named Francis that would bring the food at Hank's - he also worked at the Elks Club. Haven't been to Hank's for a loooong time!
          Fran,

Francis also worked for my MAMA @ MAMA's Resturant as our Breakfast Cook. I know Hank and Dave many years! Auntie Nani works the afternoon shift. Let me know when you ready.

Lynn

btw: I betta go back moe moe. Bumby, I no can give my Exclusive Tour! I stay too excited!! Das why hard!!!
          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 13, 2006, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Auntie Pupule's Exclusive Chinatown Tour was officially launched today!

I picked the corner of Bethel and Hotel Street where I go to feed the Homeless on Saturdays to meet Joel and his Ohana. It was befitting due to it's location. As I waited a man took out bread crumbs and started to feed the birds. Ukapila birds began to appear out of nowhere. They began to come near me. I shooed them away. I neva like catch the Bird Flu for crying out loud! All of a sudden I found myself singing the song from Mary Poppins, "Feed The Birds." hahahaha

From across the street I hear someone shouting "Auntie Lynn!" It was Joel! He arrived with his beautiful wife Anna and darling two daughters! The tour began.

for more...http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=684
            Last edited by 1stwahine; July 13, 2006, 06:59 PM.

Comment

chinatown tour - followup!!!

aloha everyone,

i just wanted to say - thank you auntie lynn for the tour!!!

it was great and we did see things that we would never have seen if driving by and/or walking by ourselves - like the different place to EAT.

... then there was that "event" on the otherside of the street - doh.

i wouldn't say someone was getting beat up (i never saw anyone swinging - they were in a parked van) but the - uhhhhh - screaming was LOUD.

oh, and the people- yeah, i would say auntie knows E V E R Y O N E.

auntie, you should and will do a write up of chinatown and you will do a great job... and when you do get an award (or two) you will accept them and be proud!!! because i will be proud of you and will say proudly, "that's auntie lynn. i know her and we are FRIENDS."

i know there's not a lot of 'meat' in this post but unfortunately that's how i am.

auntie lynn, thank you from anna, jordyn, kyla and myself.

your tour will be the talk of the town.

mahalo and see you on the boards.

until we see eachother again... aloha.

joel

Comment

Re: Chinatown

Joel, You are much too kind. It was an honor showing your lovely family and you my Chinatown. Hey! You are the first to go my Exclusive Tour. I shall remember you always!!!

As for awards, recognitions and the like...hahahahahahaha

Thanks but no thanks. Everyone who knows me ~ knows das not my style. I believe in Aloha ~ giving from one's heart. It is all I can give, in appreciation for the Love I have for my Islands and the beautiful place I call Home.

MAHALO

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown
                Last edited by 1stwahine; July 24, 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Pictures of my first Tour Group!

JAvendan and Ohana

Joel, Jordyn and Kyla!

Anna, Jordyn, and Kyla!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie Lynn,

You speak Mandarin by any chance ?
                    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                      Auntie Lynn,

You speak Mandarin by any chance ?
                      No. I speak English.

Why?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        No. I speak English.

Why?

Auntie Lynn
                        My fiancee's main language is Mandarin (she's from Taiwan) and was thinkin I might hit you up for a Chinatown tour when we come back this fall if you spoke Mandarin. She would really enjoy it. Not automatically assuming that you would give us a tour, but I figure I'd ask ;-)

When we were in the BI, we were at Volcano Nat'l Park and bumped into a Chinese Tour group in the Thurston Lava Tube, so she followed behind closesly to hear the tour guide.

Comment

My fiancee's main language is Mandarin (she's from Taiwan) and was thinkin I might hit you up for a Chinatown tour when we come back this fall if you spoke Mandarin. She would really enjoy it. Not automatically assuming that you would give us a tour, but I figure I'd ask ;-)

When we were in the BI, we were at Volcano Nat'l Park and bumped into a Chinese Tour group in the Thurston Lava Tube, so she followed behind closesly to hear the tour guide.
                          It would my pleasure! I could have someone along who speaks Mandarin if that would help make it easier for her to enjoy. Let me know. I'll PM you with my phone number.

Every First Friday, Chinatown features Cultural Festivities!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Tour is FREE Absolutely, NO Tips!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            It would my pleasure! I could have someone along who speaks Mandarin if that would help make it easier for her to enjoy. Let me know. I'll PM you with my phone number.

Every First Friday, Chinatown features Cultural Festivities!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Tour is FREE Absolutely, NO Tips!!!
                            Thank You Auntie Lynn. You truly personify "Aloha"
                            I will be in touch when the time comes. :-)

Comment

Thank You Auntie Lynn. You truly personify "Aloha"
                              I will be in touch when the time comes. :-)
                              I look forward to meeting you and your fiancee!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

hawaiidreaming called me this morning to confrim our appointment for my Exclusive Chinatown Tour at 12:00 p.m. I waited in front on McDonalds from 11:45 p.m. till 12:45 p.m. She didn't show.

I went across to Longs Drugs and Bi-Polared out on purchasing stuffs for my Hale. Then came home.

Still no call.

I'm not angry. I'm worried.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X