Stupid Bachelor(ette) Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Bachelor(ette) Tricks

There was a time in your life that you were forced to think on your own, cook your own food, wash your own clothes, clean up after yourself, etc, etc, etc.........

All by yourself, no parents, no significant others, no room mates, just you.....

One day it hits you, a brilliant moment of clarity, the ringing strike of a metronome. Yes, I am talking about stupid bachelor(ette) tricks.

I will share one that I use to this day. Piles of newspapers are strategically located throughout my house. Not big piles mind you, just yesterday (or yesterday's yesterday) paper. In a temporary holding pattern before the recycle bin. Never know when you might need newspaper. Gave the dog one too many bites of pizza, you are covered. Spill your drink? just move the pile over and it will suck it right up. Sneeze while typing away at the keyboard, no problem. My favorite, sloppy joe night and you want to watch something on TV. Just get horizontal, cover yourself from belt to neck in newspaper, plate on belly, get happy. Don't even have to take off your shirt.

So fess' up. Whatcha got????
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Re: Stupid Bachelor(ette) Tricks

I was a bachelor at one time...

Top Ramen, Hamburger Helper, etc. for the easy food..

The best Bachelor trick...

"Hitting up parents for money when needed Or raiding their freezer! j/k mom if you reading!

I guess in the mean time... you got to admit to wearing the same pair of jeans more than once between washing. (and more for some people)

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
      There was a time in your life that you were forced to think on your own, cook your own food, wash your own clothes, clean up after yourself, etc, etc, etc.........

So fess' up. Whatcha got????
      Eh, wat talking bout? I stay by myself already. I take dat back. MAMA's with me but I do everything for us.

K-den. The best is to not wash clothes. The second is I get to do anything I want and nobody going tell me odda wise.

Try look.

I no shame...shame is wen you STEAL!!!

Auntie pUpule

btw: It doesn't look like dat now.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When I was a bachelorette, I would put dirty pots, pans or dishes in the refrigerator to keep the bugs from getting to them--that is if I couldn't wash them right away. Febreze sprayed on clothes will freshen them up over night.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

ok.

back in the early 80s, had a flatmate shared a 2 room apt with.
          we would let the dishes pile up untill we had absolutely nothing to eat with and the fuzz growing on them made the sink and kitchen counters look like a garden.

We would maybe finally vaccume when the dirt in the carpet started growing its own spores and weeds.

or until the cat started using the buildup on the carpet as her cat litter box.

Comment

I bought a refurbished Roomba. Turned out not to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Eh, wat talking bout? I stay by myself already. I take dat back. MAMA's with me but I do everything for us.

K-den. The best is to not wash clothes. The second is I get to do anything I want and nobody going tell me odda wise.

Try look.

I no shame...shame is wen you STEAL!!!

Auntie pUpule

btw: It doesn't look like dat now.
              Eh...dis not one "widow" post....

auntielynn... you no can hide things ...you still a keiki taking care of mama!

get off this thread already!!!

Besides that you get a man already.... quit lurkin around this thread...

this thread is like the UFC thread... us guys throwing bachelor parties....

and besides that... I know of bachelorette parties that get just as wild!

Manoa

Comment

When I was a bachelor, woman wasn't invented yet Nah I not that old.

But seriously when I was a lonely GI I ate peanut butter sandwiches. Being enlisted and not having off base housing allowances and living off base you tend to get poor real fast. Sometimes the bread would get all moldy so you scrape it off and eat the good parts.

We didn't have Febreze back then but we did have dryer sheets that we would rub on our clothes to give it that spring fresh scent after a week of not washing clothes.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  Eh...dis not one "widow" post....
                  auntielynn... you no can hide things ...you still a keiki taking care of mama!
                  Manoa
                  Eh, nachodaddy said, "There was a time in your life that you were forced to think on your own, cook your own food, wash your own clothes, clean up after yourself, etc, etc, etc........."

He neva said excluding widows. Wap ya jaws!

I can post anywhere I want if I think it pertains to me.

nUFF SAID.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

wop yo jaws!

ho da cheekin skeen

i nebah wen heah dat fo long time arready.
                    since i tink kailua days early 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      We didn't have Febreze back then but we did have dryer sheets that we would rub on our clothes to give it that spring fresh scent after a week of not washing clothes.
                      Got news for you, Craig. We weren't fooled.

("We" being the collective "we," of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        ok.

back in the early 80s, had a flatmate shared a 2 room apt with.
                        we would let the dishes pile up untill we had absolutely nothing to eat with and the fuzz growing on them made the sink and kitchen counters look like a garden.

We would maybe finally vaccume when the dirt in the carpet started growing its own spores and weeds.

or until the cat started using the buildup on the carpet as her cat litter box.
                        Uh, Kimo (lebowski), where is the trick???
                        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I guess it could be considered a "Trick"

Dating girls from out of town...

Or for that matter... where I lived in the mainland... from out of the country

The trick: Could still have fun with the girls in town... knowing when the girl from out of town would be coming....

Can't do that here in Hawaii...Too many people related to eachother and this is a small island!

Comment

Working...
                          X