Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breastfeeding in public

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Next time a person gets uncomfortable when you breastfeed your child, whip it out and tell that bastard to suck on this, it works for cry babies of all ages!
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      [...] So whenever I see a mother breastfeeding her infant I envy her because that's one less thing she has to carry because it's built in [...]
      Oh, the girls are 'built in' all right but for many (not all!) nursing moms it's like carrying around 2 cantaloupes (or something similar) 24/7. There's no switching to another shoulder or putting 'em down on a bench! Temporary relief comes after a hungry baby has a happy tummy.

Yah, Sinjin, what the others have said. I'm one of those who thinks there's just something so magically beautiful about a mom holding her nursing baby.

Comment

And no Prof K., I didn't mean shoot him like that, I ment shoot him with a gun. Also I didn't feel like making sure my message is gramatically correct as I'm hella tired today.
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          I'm one of those who thinks there's just something so magically beautiful about a mom holding her nursing baby.
          I concur whole-heartedly.
          "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
          "But I can't even read good."
          "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
          "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

C'mon, now, what airline? Working ourselves into an indignant froth is kind of unsatisfying without an appropriate corporate target! Though, yeah, railing against general ignorance works, too.

Sure, the flight attendant wasn't enforcing some kind of corporate policy when offering the blanket, just trying to assuage another passenger's ridiculous sense of shame... but you'd think airline employees would've gotten specific training on this scenario. Which should be to say, "It's natural, stop staring and get over yourself," not coldly pass along the bad vibes.

Considering the objections raised in that other gratuitous cleavage thread, it bears noting that even the dimmest ogler knows that they're there for babies first. Everything else is gravy!

Breastfeeding is natural, and beautiful. And as Leikana has noted, after a certain point you're able to do it anywhere, anytime. Picking up around the house, making lunch for your other kids, walking to the family room... My wife can even nurse during Mass! Hey, if an exposed boob is okay as depicted on leather-bound book or in a stained glass window, it's sure as heck fine at ground level -- especially when there's a hungry baby attached. Sure beats the scream-fest, otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Oh, the girls are 'built in' all right but for many (not all!) nursing moms it's like carrying around 2 cantaloupes (or something similar) 24/7. There's no switching to another shoulder or putting 'em down on a bench! Temporary relief comes after a hungry baby has a happy tummy.

Yah, Sinjin, what the others have said. I'm one of those who thinks there's just something so magically beautiful about a mom holding her nursing baby.

And unfortunately, when the girls are juicy melons, you don't usually have six-pack abs or creamy silky thighs to go with them. Or hair on your head! But, you've got more love in your heart than you ever thought possible!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The airlines was Frontier. Please lodge something with them if you are so inclined. My wife's favorite online community is riled like a hornet's nest as we speak.

Flight between Denver and Los Angeles.

Our daughter feeds every two hours or less without fail for over three months now. Wife's a dedicated breastfeeder at this point in top form.

Complaint was made by mother traveling with child/children. Lovely, huh?

Correction - Have learned from airlines that the other man was in fact a supervisor of flight attendants in shorts and baseball cap, not TSA. Hence the helpful suggestion that the restroom would have been a good choice for breastfeeding. He even said they had been "redone" with that in mind. Pure bull that part.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                  The airlines was Frontier. Please lodge something with them if you are so inclined. My wife's favorite online community is riled like a hornet's nest as we speak.

Flight between Denver and Los Angeles.

Our daughter feeds every two hours or less without fail for over three months now. Wife's a dedicated breastfeeder at this point in top form.

Complaint was made by mother traveling with child/children. Lovely, huh?

Correction - Have learned from airlines that the other man was in fact a supervisor of flight attendants in shorts and baseball cap, not TSA. Hence the helpful suggestion that the restroom would have been a good choice for breastfeeding. He even said they had been "redone" with that in mind. Pure bull that part.
                  OH MAN! I am livid for you guys! A MOTHER? She probably thinks nursing is a sexual stimulant for both mother and child! A SUPERVISOR? Not exactly forging through a new frontier here!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My guess is the Mommy who complained probably bottle fed her kids the "modern" way and was never breastfed herself.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Get a few of paintings done up as postcards:

http://www.wga.hu/art/d/durer/2/13/4/091.jpg

http://www.tamsquare.net/pictures/L/...g-Madonna-.jpg

http://www.si.umich.edu/Art_History/UMMA/NO06/NO065.jpg

Then tell em "If nursing was good enough for Christ, it's good enough for MY child...would you chase Mary and the Christ child into the toilet???"

They'll probably back off 'cause of the potential of a long drawn out religious discussion...or think you're a religious fanatic.

You could say "Look as full as I am, I could take yer eye out at twenty paces with these things.....EASY!"

Or you could find out the laws in the airline's home office state (and the states for boarding and landing):

http://www.lalecheleague.org/LawBills.html

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        My guess is the Mommy who complained probably bottle fed her kids the "modern" way and was never breastfed herself.

Miulang
                        Statistics favor your assumptions.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                          If we who know how to feed ourselves wouldn't dare eat in bathrooms, why subject babies to that kind of treatment?
                          Exactly! well said. The person who complained probably doesn't have kids of their own. It's sad that women can't perform a completely normal act without some idiot complaining. If it bothers the person that much, they simply look away.

Comment

Here are the statutes for Colorado and California:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/Law/Bills11a.html
                            COLORADO

Effective April 23, 2004, Colorado protected a woman’s right to breastfeed anywhere she has the right to be. A lengthy preamble section set forth support for breastfeeding.

C.R.S.25-6-302. Breastfeeding.

A mother may breastfeed in any place she has a right to be

http://www.lalecheleague.org/Law/Bills11.html
                            Cal. Civ. Code §43.3
                            1997 Cal ALS 59; 1997 Cal AB 157; Stats 1997 ch 59

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a mother may breastfeed her child in any location, public or private, except the private home or residence of another, where the mother and child are authorized to be present.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              we need a seaprate devil's island to send people to, who complain about public breatsfeeding, and have them live with people who sue airlines when the company tries to enact policy and try to keep everyone happy. which in this day and age is well nigh impossible.
                              You know Kimo this post troubles me. Appreciating your position as king of the peanut gallery, I respectfully submit that any policy intended to "keep everyone happy" cannot by implementation violate someone's civil rights without inviting righteous litigation. It's the haole way after all.
                              Last edited by sinjin; July 20, 2006, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                                no woman should be made to feel embarrassed for ...
                                agaimn. NO one makes ANYone feel ANYthing. WE are ALL, each and everyone of us, responsible for our own actions and REactions. and our emotional reaction. NO one else makes us feel ANYthing. We all allow ourselves to feel whatever we want to feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X