Breastfeeding in public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding in public

So, my wife was harassed yesterday in flight while breastfeeding. The flight attendant offered her a blanket to cover up as another passenger had complained. My wife had on a proper nursing top and was showing very little in fact. After landing and when all other passengers were deplaned my wife and sister confronted same attendant wanting to know the airline's policy. At that point, another man approached(most likely an air marshal) to make sure no trouble was developing. He volunteered that my wife could have just used the restroom to breastfeed. Needless to say this ain't over by a longshot.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Re: Breastfeeding in public

Originally posted by sinjin
    Needless to say this ain't over by a longshot.
    ............why not?

Comment

I would have complained to the air marshall that there is an aggravated passenger that is threatening the well-being of a newborn and an innocent mother trying to feed her child and that passenger should be removed because if this passenger can get so bent out of shape over a mother feeding her child, imagine if he got coffee spilled on his lap from air turbulence!

Hey turn the tables on the complaining passenger and make him the subject of being ejected (preferably in flight) from the plane. Serves the bastard right for being so pinheaded.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

we need a seaprate devil's island to send people to, who complain about public breatsfeeding, and have them live with people who sue airlines when the company tries to enact policy and try to keep everyone happy. which in this day and age is well nigh impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          ............why not?
          You don't know my sister. Basically not over because no woman should be made to feel embarrassed for performing a perfectly natural act that can't be scheduled.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Speaking on behalf of the baby....

"Hey Passenger... can you take your bento into the bathroom and eat it there... it's making me nauseous"

Comment

He volunteered that my wife could have just used the restroom to breastfeed.
              If we who know how to feed ourselves wouldn't dare eat in bathrooms, why subject babies to that kind of treatment?

sinjin, please keep us updated if you can.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I usually try to time my outings to when I know my baby will be asleep so I don't have to breastfeed in public but the other day he woke up, very hungry, in the middle of grocery shopping at Sam's Club. So I picked the most deserted isle, with a blanket covering him and me and fed my child. With doing all of that I STILL got dirty looks from some women who passed and looked down the isle. Then I got another dirty look from a girl who walking by with her boyfriend. They couldn't see a damn thing, I was completely covered. I felt bad for my baby since it was a 105 F day and the poor little guy was already hot and here I was throwing a blanket over him. I was very modest and considerate and I still got dirty looks for feeding my child. I don't understand the hang up about breastfeeding, especially when the mother makes an effort to be covered up, I mean then what is the issue? I refuse to feed my child in a public bathroom stall. Yuck. Would anyone else like to eat there? Why should my 5 week old have to?
                Last edited by Lei K; July 20, 2006, 12:20 PM.
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

The more you breastfeed, the more relaxed you get about it. And I guess that goes for husbands whose wives breastfeed. We're all relaxed about it. I never bought a bottle of formula in my life. Hardly ever had to pump, either. It is amazing to me that people are ignorant enough to suggest that a baby have a meal while mom sits on the toilet. SCREW THAT. I would imagine mothers and babies get better treatment in third world countries.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You don't know my sister. Basically not over because no woman should be made to feel embarrassed for performing a perfectly natural act that can't be scheduled.
                    Oooh boy like posted above did I ever learn you can't schedule breastfeedings! I actually tried doing that the last 5 weeks, lived my life around his feeding schedule just because of how the public views breastfeeding. But you know, I'm going to stop caring so much. I cover up, it shouldn't be an issue, seriously.

Sinjin, yes, keep us updated on this!
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                      If we who know how to feed ourselves wouldn't dare eat in bathrooms, why subject babies to that kind of treatment?
                      My sister, who is tack sharp retorted something to the effect, "Are there seatbelts in the lavatories so the nursing mother would be as safe as any other passenger while breastfeeding in there?" No there are not.
                      Last edited by sinjin; July 20, 2006, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Barbara Walters wasn't on the flight, was she?

Barbara Walters sparked a major controversy over her recent comments regarding breastfeeding in public. On her show "The View", she stated that she while she and her hairdresser were on a flight, the woman seated next to them breastfed her baby on board. She then claimed that this made her and her hairdresser “uncomfortable”.
                        http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art32659.asp

Comment

There she goes again that Barbara...making comparisons.

My wife works and I'm a stay at home dad during the day to raise my 2-year old. Unlike my wife I had to tote bottles of formula whenever the trip to the mall became lunchtime for Jesse.

Men don't have hips so carrying an infant isn't an easy thing to do for us guys, its all muscles to keep that kid hoisted at eye level and carrying a diaper bag loaded with bottles of water and powdered formula isn't easy when lugging that "gotta have" cordless drill/driver set I saw at Sears, in the other free arm. So whenever I see a mother breastfeeding her infant I envy her because that's one less thing she has to carry because it's built in

Then I discovered the baby stroller...with cup holders! Life became easier now...if I can only figure out how to collapse the damned thing to put back in the minivan. Yeah my wife drives my BMW at work while I drive the family minivan. I'm so friggin domesticated! The sad part is that I get excited everytime a new episode of Backyardians or Dora the Explorer comes out on DVD at WalMart.

Next time a person gets uncomfortable when you breastfeed your child, whip it out and tell that bastard to suck on this, it works for cry babies of all ages!
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Men don't have hips
                            What kine men you been hanging out with?

I think it is just the ability to swing those hips out to make that nice little perch for the keiki to ride on...

I've gotten the hang of it...so it's not all muscles for me...

And when my wife went back to work...yes, I was toting the bottles around...etc... I still think we get easier then the women!

Comment

Damn crazy people... Same types who watch people getting ripped apart and blown up on TV but are against nudity. Dammit your sister prolly should have just shot the man in the face and removed a sissy moron from the gene pool. That's what i woulda done in your sisters situation.
                              "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                              "But I can't even read good."
                              "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                              "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X