Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rejuveniles" reinvent meaning of adulthood

source

Mom is at a pajama party. Dad is organizing a rock, paper, scissors tournament. Will they ever grow up and start behaving like adults or are they part of a new breed of "rejuveniles?"

Playful adults -- those who refuse to give up fun just because they have a mortgage -- are redefining what it means to be a grown-up in the 21st century, says writer Chris Noxon.

"Once upon a time boys and girls grew up and set aside childish things. Nowadays adults buy cars marketed to consumers half their age, dress in schoolyard fashions and play with their children in ways adults of previous generations would have found ridiculous.

"Most have busy lives and adult responsibilities. They are not stunted adolescents. They are something new: rejuveniles," said Noxon.
    Cartoon Network, and Boomerang rocks!
    Last edited by admin; July 30, 2006, 09:02 PM. Reason: Reduced quote, as noted.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: "Rejuveniles" reinvent meaning of adulthood

Have seen some of the stuff that the Cartoon Network is airing during their Adult Swim?

Comment

Say, Adrian, if you don't mind my quoting from admin (on a different thread, but it applies everywhere...)
      Originally posted by admin
      please be more conservative in the amount of content you reproduce from other sites
      Just give us a couple sentences that summarize the article, along with a link if we want to see the article in full - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        Just give us a couple sentences that summarize the article, along with a link if we want to see the article in full
        But! he is rejuveniling his inner child, while he chills in his crib! lemme give ya the 411 on that: It maybe his bad, but he is phat! and that's BAD!
        Ridiculously sick. bro!

Comment

I'm the biggest kid in the house.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            Mom is at a pajama party. Dad is organizing a rock, paper, scissors tournament.
            And Dad is wondering why Mom keeps leaving him alone at night ... all night.

Gee (Dad thinks to himself) ... she usually comes home from these pajama parties with her shirt inside-out. And last time she came home, she didn't even have her underwear! She claimed her girlfriend "Randi" borrrowed it. I guess "Randi" must have ripped all the buttons off her nighty, too ... that sexy nighty she wore for me once, but I was busy reading "4,375 Common Problems for PC Users" and didn't really notice until she ran out of the room crying. Hmm ... Well, back to organizing that tournament! Gosh, this is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              And Dad is wondering why Mom keeps leaving him alone at night ... all night.
              "Mama's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night."

Who said that? Who?? Who???

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                "Mama's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night."

Who said that? Who?? Who???
                SQUEEZE BOX
                The Who - 1976

Auntie puPule
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If all we do is work, sleep and do dishes, what's the point?
                  Jus' gotta have fun! My wife and I went for a short hike above the Pali Lookout this morning and then a swim down at Kakaako Park. And to top it off we went home and made whoopie. Now that's living to me. Sure it all sounds like what a "Young" couple would do, but don't knock it. I'm smiling!
                  Last edited by Menehune Man; July 31, 2006, 10:08 PM.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X