No announcement yet.

Where do you get your office furniture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your office furniture?

I need to get a larger computer desk with room to fix computers. I was thinking of getting an "L" shaped desk, so I can put my computer and laptop on one side, then on the side, I can have my tools and a light (and possibly proper grounding) to fix computers and/or do some modding.

But first of all, anyone knows where I can shop?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Where do you get your office furniture?

You can try Office Depot or Office Max. Don't know about the prices but at least they have displays on how big a certain desk is.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      I need to get a larger computer desk with room to fix computers. I was thinking of getting an "L" shaped desk, so I can put my computer and laptop on one side, then on the side, I can have my tools and a light (and possibly proper grounding) to fix computers and/or do some modding.

But first of all, anyone knows where I can shop?
      Try Office Depot. They have all kinds of office furniture (computer desks and chairs, bookcases, etc) for cheap; only catch is you have to assemble it yourself.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

How 'bout 2 filing cabinets that act as 'legs' for a 24" pre-fab door (no pukas for the knob)? Can multiply that times 2 and put the 2nd set-up at right angle to the first. Voila...storage and work surface! Just a thought!

Comment

We need an Ikea here. Too bad they don't ship to Hawaii.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            How 'bout 2 filing cabinets that act as 'legs' for a 24" pre-fab door (no pukas for the knob)? Can multiply that times 2 and put the 2nd set-up at right angle to the first. Voila...storage and work surface! Just a thought!
            We do the door thing for instant party tables (even though we have a lot of tables).

Comment

so. ya got doors.. for tables. AND ya got lots of tables.
              So. WHAT is yer question?

It better not be

"wheah can ah buy a phakkin table for my computer, people?!"

Comment

I use a 4ft x 6ft folding table that I got at Office Depot a couple years ago, on sale cause it had some dings. Cost me $29! I looked all over for a ready made desk, then went to City Mill and looked at plywood to make a top over file cabinets. I never thought of looking for a door - what a great idea!

Fran
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

"never thought of using a door."!?!
                  what th'
                  THIS is in the collective subconcious. all humanity has been using doors for desks since before houses WITH doors were invented!

Comment

But will carrying in my computer case and laptop be weird? I'm thinking of bringing those into the store and trying to see which desk has the best placement. (both equipment are small, so probably it won't matter right?)

Comment

I got a corner unit that snugs up tightly against a 90 degree wall for under $200.00 from Fisher Brand New...(it actually has four levels)

Biggest obstacle was building the bugger w/out a cordless screwdriver... won't do that again!

Comment

wait. how will you walk into the store. i mean, show us what you will be wearing and HOW... exactly you walk.. into a store. wanna make sure THAT part ain't weird too.

"doc". here's a prescrition... for everyday life.
                        STOP suWEATinggggg the SMALL STUFF! And DO it, kid.
                        JEEzusssss!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          STOP suWEATinggggg the SMALL STUFF! And DO it, kid.
                          JEEzusssss!
                          No can do sir. I see the small stuff, details that other people miss. I want to know how to fix a particular product before I buy it. I guess I'm taking the scout motto of "be prepared" too literally.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                            No can do sir. I see the small stuff, details that other people miss. I want to know how to fix a particular product before I buy it.
                            Right, you're so much more keen-eyed and detail-oriented than the rest of us mortals. Got it.

What on Earth does any of that have to do with obsessing about how you will look walking into a furniture store with a laptop? Why are you worried about how that looks? It's perfectly acceptable to "try out" whatever furniture you're thinking of buying. Why would that look odd or attract any attention at all? Inquiring minds (well, at least two) want to know.

Again ... don't sweat the small stuff!

If store security tackles you as you walk in the door because you are carrying a laptop computer ... well, then, I will apologize for this post. Howzat?

BTW ... there's a Fisher office equipment store that has much more selection in some areas and is quite a bit less expensive, over near where I work. I can't remember the street ... I think it's at the Ala Moana end of Cooke St.? Anyway, that's a great store for wandering around in -- it's a small warehouse, cluttered and stacked ceiling-high with all kinds of office supplies and furniture. You can probably find something there for less than it would be at the big-name stores.
                            Last edited by MadAzza; August 6, 2006, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Adrian..(before you read further...I'm this months designated asshole... )

I really think that your thoughts of starting your own business is cool, brilliant, etc...one that everyone inspires to do.

That is what we all inspire to do. I have re-read my posts to you and it seems as though your attempting to use HT for advertising purposes and free advice.

If your going to set up a business then do it. However, it seems as though sometimes when you get clients...You turn to us posters at HT to help you give your clients answers.

So with that said.... when you gonna start paying HT posters dinero for the consultation we giving you?

Seriously and joking you know... You have a real good mind and a real good desire.... however, if me manoa is making comments like this.... den geez.... I dunno...

With best of luck on your business dude... but sheesh... you seem to be using HT as a means for your advice when instead you could be out there getting a job w/ the skills that you recently developed at Heald.... P.S. Congrats on the recent graduation...

I wish I had the guts to start up my own business

Any rate dude... your on your way to a great life... you got your edumacation and now it's just a matter of finding your way in life!

Comment

Working...
                              X