Makiki Quake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makiki Quake?

Anyone that lives in Makiki felt the ground shake around 8pm on 08/28/2006? Our house did and there was no big truck passing by the house.

Re: Makiki Quake?

Yep. Totally felt it. Sitting here on the couch watching Celebrity Fit Club and all of a sudden the couch shook. I looked around. Carnie Wilson was nowhere in sight.

Comment

YES!!! Not as intense as the last one, but definitely a quake!

Documented, too---file a report here if you felt it:

http://tux.wr.usgs.gov/Quakes/hv00019999.html

Comment

Felt it in Hawaii Kai. I was doing the dishes and thought it was the pipes rattling, but there were no pipes to my right and that's where the rattle was. I was here with my girls. It was their first one. I wonder what the reading was. I hope there's no tsunami!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I live in Halawa Heights and felt it. My cats are still nervous.

Comment

Wow, this is the second quake in a row that occured in this same general area
            and I didn't feel it at all. I live in Kona on the Big island.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

I was talking on the phone with a friend in Hawaii Kai. He said he heard / felt something moving, and I also felt some kind of slight swaying in my building. And I am in urban Honolulu. Another friend who I called later told me that someone she knew said that it rocked for about 3 minutes in Kailua. I'm sure the local news is on this already.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wow, so I did feel an earthquake. COOL!!

I saw the headline on khnl.com
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Heard that familiar rumbling sound right before the ground shook and walls rattled mildly. Been through a few skyscraper swaying shindo (omori scale) 3's in Japan; the shindo 5's really rattle your nerves though. This one felt like a shindo 2 and lasted for just a few seconds (near Pearl Harbor).

Comment

The U.S. Geological Survey has a prelim report here.

The Advertiser also has a breaking news item here.

Comment

"It appears to have some depth to it," Cessaro said. "That's why it was felt through the Islands."

Wow. Heavy stuff.

You just gotta wonder whether he wakes up in the morning and thinks he's important.

Comment

I felt it too, it lasted it for about 5 seconds or so. And this is around the Ala Moana area.

Comment

I'm in Makiki - it was just a sharp jolt where I live. But, things were definitely swaying for a couple of seconds. and this one was much closer to us than the one last month. That's why folks in Windward side felt it more. But, I doubt very much it lasted 3 minutes! I went through 2 MAJOR quakes in California - time really slows down when the earth is moving under you. I've just taken a Valium and and going to go to bed. Earthquakes scare the sh** out of me !
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                            I'm in Makiki - it was just a sharp jolt where I live. But, things were definitely swaying for a couple of seconds. and this one was much closer to us than the one last month. That's why folks in Windward side felt it more. But, I doubt very much it lasted 3 minutes! I went through 2 MAJOR quakes in California - time really slows down when the earth is moving under you. I've just taken a Valium and and going to go to bed. Earthquakes scare the sh** out of me !
                            At the most, five seconds, I think.

Much longer, and I, the hubby, and the dog would have headed for the Russian vodka!

One more time---nastrovia!

Comment

Did not feel anything in Mililani. But two friends reported they did. One in Manoa. The other in Wahiawa.

Comment

Working...
                              X