Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie outbreak of 1892

http://www.fvza.org/topthree.html

At the beginning of the 1890s, Hawaii found itself in a tug of war between native islanders, who wanted the islands to remain independent, and powerful sugar growers who wanted to join the United States. Queen Lili'uokalani ascended to the throne in 1891 and promptly enacted a series of measures designed to weaken the influence of the sugar growers. However, her mind was soon occupied by different matters: in August of 1892, a zombie plague that had begun among Chinese laborers in the sugar cane fields of Oahu spread to Honolulu.

mmm....brains....

Re: Zombie outbreak of 1892

Wow. I guess I'm not in the right frame of mind -- because I did not find that amusing, entertaining or enlightening. (Even after checking the URL.)

Perhaps the loss of a sovereign monarchy to opportunistic white rule is not amusing?

(Thank you, Thurston Twigg-Smith and your antecedents for your revisionist and well-publicized white-massah views.)

Perhaps Bubonic Plague and the resulting fire to burn it out, is just not funny?

BTW, I am not kanaka maoli and have no axe to grind along those lines. Fair is fair, and the annexation/usurption of Hawaii was not. I'm grateful to live here -- I'm just sayin' ...
    Last edited by Erika Engle; September 2, 2006, 09:21 PM.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

One needs to read the home page of the FVZA site and look at the disclaimer to it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        One needs to read the home page of the FVZA site and look at the disclaimer to it.
        Thanks, Helen -- I'll do that now.
        Last edited by helen; September 2, 2006, 10:49 PM. Reason: fixing the tags

Comment

Alrighty then.

Okie dokie artichokie.

Etc.

One definitely needed to engage in that activity.

Thank you, Helen.

Comment

Working...
          X