• Reporter Attacked in La Jolla

WARNING: Graphic violence and language. Press link at your discretion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwWWf-Akws8

For those who prefer to read about the altercation

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=4537959

Someone was pissed off....dude bit him.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Re: Reporter Attacked in La Jolla

The reporter should have defended himself as his attacker clearly had no idea how to throw a punch.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

So let's see, if I become an investigative reporter, and provoke people to attack me, then can I just whip ass, and call it self-defense all day long.

I'm changing careers immediately !

Never hit first. Always hit last. If you start my motor, expect it to run, at full throttle, till the gas tank is totally empty. The definition of Self-Defense contains no reference to the word remorse or regret. Gotta love that.

That reporter pussed out.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        That reporter pussed out.
        Why? Because he didn't resort to violence?

Cool off, dude.

Comment

He didn't even resort to self defense. Where is your sense of survival?

Hey Dick, I just gotta ask. Would you lay there and take the beating?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

The reporter was smart. It's obvious he wasn't the mental one. What are you going to do when people attack you? Kick his butt? That would look terrible!

How crazy was that anyways?

Sad thing? I know people like that woman!

I didn't see any marks on the attacker. He must have some history of this. Crazy people! hmmm
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Just because he was a reporter, doesn't mean he had knowlege of "how to throw a punch" or physical violence. It looked like none of them were very good at self defence OR attacking, but I don't think the reporter was prepared for that kind of violence.
              He is an investigative reporter, and does the public a favor by uncovering fraud, and all the couple had to do was walk away. The wife is lucky the bystander stopped her from using the rock. She could have killed the guy, and would be up for, at the very least, manslaughter with a deadly weapon. . . (in this country).
              I hope they follow up on the story.

Malama Pono,

Claudia

Comment

I saw the footage on the Today Show this morning and Matt Lauer interviewed the reporter.

Matt Lauer: I know you and I don't know each other, but I'm assuming you looked better before than you do this morning.

Literally spit out my coffee!

What's scary is that the man and his wife are out on bail and many, many people are fearing for their lives. Good thing the wife found the paperweight instead of the gun. I'm surprised the bystander didn't get clocked himself.
                Last edited by Lei Liko; September 7, 2006, 12:35 PM. Reason: It wasn't a rock, it was a paperweight.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                  What are you going to do when people attack you? Kick his butt? That would look terrible!
                  Huh? When I'm attacked you bet I'm gonna fight back. I have no aversion to violence.
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Maybe the reporter was more aware that the attack was being filmed, and was more conscious of how it would look.

Comment

Me and Sinjin might disagree once in a while ... all in a friendly way.

But Sinjin is right on the money on this one. That reporter could have been killed getting his head banged as he fell to the ground, having fat man land on his throat, or several other "accidental" ways, given the fact that he just cowed out, and let the dude wrestle him down.

You gotta wonder if the reporter has wife, kids, a mother who loves him, or anything else worth defending. This wimpy attitude among 1/2 of modern Americans causes Muslims to salivate through an evil grin.

"It's not nice to hit" Wrong

"It's not nice to hit FIRST" Right
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        Maybe the reporter was more aware that the attack was being filmed, and was more conscious of how it would look.
                        That was what I was saying...you just said it better....typing has no facial expressions!

I actually thought he could have defended himself..l was just being smart about him not doing anything due to the cameras.

He didn't really look like he had ever been in or seen a fight so maybe he didn't know how.
                        Last edited by blueyecicle; September 7, 2006, 12:55 PM.
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I hope the book gets thrown at those fraudulent identity thieves, and I hope it's a very heavy book.

As for the reporter AND the victim, they took the higher ground, and now have a VERY strong lawsuit cases.

People like these offenders are the scum of society. They deserved a beating, but the reporter and victim were both nice enough to not issue them one.

Now they have no bad marks against them on their case. Good for them. The money they make will be worth the physical attack they sustained.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Tim Kona...are you a former New Yorker, or just a misplaced one ?
                            I mean this in the best possible way :-)
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Some choose to sink down to the level of others, some choose to rise above it.

And some can alternate between those choices - who knows why the reporter chose, in this one videotaped circumstance, not to fight back? Maybe he knew how it would look; maybe he's trained in martial arts and chose not to use his skills that one day, that one time. We can do no more than speculate.

Comment

Working...
                              X