Closest Logding to Aloha Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest Logding to Aloha Stadium?

Hotel, Motel, B&B, Sleazy Dive, Condo, Hourly rates, room in back, Upstair Loft, Vacation rental, 5 Star Accomodations, any kine bra. Give me ALL YOUR IDEAS. No shame.

How close to Aloha Stadium can I possibly get for a room for 2 nights for 2 adults and 1 child? This is for U2 on Dec 9th.

Auntie Lynn? Manoa? Anybody know? Insiders tips? Local kine knowledge? The closer I stay, the better for my family. Maybe even walk to the concert if less than 1/2 mile.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Closest Logding to Aloha Stadium?

No shame... doh... sleep in da car at the mcdonalds across from the stadium?
    ???

Don't know that neck of the woods very well sorry tk

Comment

Quick tip... many Hotels will charge extra for the two extra people...(i used to work at a hotel in the mainland for a short period of time)

(if you don't need two room keys and you guys will always be together... just look for a room for 1 and then you can always tell the desk clerk if they ask later...oh they just friends stopping by)

Shh... I never just say this k?

Comment

I used to sing at the Old Beacons across from Anna Millers. There used to be alot of Motels there. Not saying I used to stay there. Lots of Military go there. Let me ask my son. They have a list. I go check for you and get back.

Auntie Lynn

I can't get a hold of him. I'll be going out that way sometime next week. I'll take a spin in the area and get as much information I can for you.
        Last edited by 1stwahine; September 8, 2006, 09:42 AM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Like Aunty Lynn, I'm most familiar with the motels clustered mauka of Kamehameha Highway between Home World and Pearl Kai Shopping Center: Harbor Arms and the Harbor Shores, specifically. Just read those reviews at TripAdvisor to get a feel for these places. Sleazy dives indeed! But for desparate, one-off accommodations, such as for military folks? They often fit the bill.

On the B&B, personal touch end, there's the Rainbow Inn. Sounds intriguing, anyway. It's up above Pearlridge, though, and may not be available (since it's just one room!).

Comment

The Plaza
            is the closest hotel I can think of. It's by the airport and down the road from the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
              The Plaza
              is the closest hotel I can think of. It's by the airport and down the road from the stadium.
              I was going to suggest that as well.

If you have a military sponsor you can stay at the Navy Lodge on Ford Island. I stayed there last summer and they've done a great job with the renovation AND nightly rates are very reasonable!
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Found the Harbor Shores on Lipoa. Sleezy, oceanfront, accomodations on the water front, just 3/4 mile walk from the stadium along a bike path that runs through a state park. Even has a full kitchen and a separate sitting area.

Most Excellent !! Right up our alley. Pun intended.

Admin can close the thread. Mahalo for everybody's help.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                  Found the Harbor Shores on Lipoa. Sleezy, oceanfront, accomodations on the water front, just 3/4 mile walk from the stadium along a bike path that runs through a state park. Even has a full kitchen and a separate sitting area.

Most Excellent !! Right up our alley. Pun intended.

Admin can close the thread. Mahalo for everybody's help.
                  Yep. Das the Street! Congrats! Don't forget to try out the hambugers up the hill to the left. It's right across the bikeway. OMgoodness, I'm not good with names. You'll see the old sign. Known for ono hamburgers and saimin. Local food.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Tim, let me know if you guys have time to get together for pupus or whatever. I know you're probably going to be jammed, but figure it's worth throwing out there in the off chance you have a spare hour or two.

MadAzza

Comment

Oh Maddie.....Most definitely....Pre Concert mega-dinner & drinkathon at the Harbor Shores starting around 420 pm ;-}....then we all ride wild horses to the stadium so we can party in mysterious ways.

My daughter (5) is going, and man is she excited. She can sing 3 or 4 U2 cuts word for word. Her favorite is Mysterious Ways. She calls it her "moon song". So bring the keiki if you like. The more rugrats under the feet, the broader the smile on the faces of adults. It's gonna be epic.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Tim, my wife and I are going, but the keiki are staying with grandma. We're not half the... exciting people you and MadAzza are, but it would be nice to meet up.

Where are your tickets? We're South/Blue Level, Section A, Row 38... wherever that is. (Ah! Map!)
                        Last edited by pzarquon; September 8, 2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Yep. Das the Street! Congrats! Don't forget to try out the hambugers up the hill to the left. It's right across the bikeway. OMgoodness, I'm not good with names. You'll see the old sign. Known for ono hamburgers and saimin. Local food.

Auntie Lynn
                          Auntie, are you referring to FORTY-NINER? Simple fare like BBQ sticks, saimin, and hamburgers. Nothing to do with the SF 49ers, but refers back to the days when everyone thought Hawaii was going to be the 49th state. So much so that there was the 49th State record label for our Hawaiian music, which are now collectibles. Artists like Genoa Keawe and Johnny Alameida recorded on 49th State.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                            Auntie, are you referring to FORTY-NINER? Simple fare like BBQ sticks, saimin, and hamburgers. Nothing to do with the SF 49ers, but refers back to the days when everyone thought Hawaii was going to be the 49th state. So much so that there was the 49th State record label for our Hawaiian music, which are now collectibles. Artists like Genoa Keawe and Johnny Alameida recorded on 49th State.
                            Yeah! Das the one. Near KFC. Right by the stop light. The food is onolicious!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

SEC F ROW 40 MAKAI BLUE LEVEL

I promise that our room at the Shores will be ROCKIN FUN with about 6 people already confirmed. You HT'ers can meet some other Honolulu kooks, and friendships will be born.

Concert starts at 7:30pm according to my tickets. Party starts right after my kid wakes from a nap hopefully around 420 pm. I'm sure it's gonna be potluck style, and we will cook something delicious for everybody.

Hell, we might as well just call it "Manoa's U2 Party".
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X