Posting To Hawaii Threads While At Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting To Hawaii Threads While At Work

What do you think? Is it the "right" thing to do while you're on the clock?

And it's one thing for someone in the private sector to goof off while on the job, but what about a state worker?

I think it's wrong to be surfing the 'net while you're supposed to be working. Even moreso for someone who gets paid via our tax dollars.

Re: Posting To Hawaii Threads While At Work

I think posting to HawaiiThreads (HT) at work is perfectly acceptable.

If you get your job done and you are also helping others get their responsibilities done and you aren't getting any complaints and nothing but positive responses from your your supervisors about your work habits... then it's all good.

Especially, when your Boss posts at HT too

Come to think of it... I know plenty HT users that post at work!!!! All the time

Maybe this thread could be entitled... what do you do at work when you have fulfilled your duties?

Comment

Definitely not. I think it's a waste of Tax Payer's money to have someone in a postion to post while on duty. Get plenty things to do. Grab a broom ~ sweep the floor!

Hmmmm...maybe Da Governor should know about dis.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
        If you get your job done and you are also helping others get their responsibilities done and you aren't getting any complaints and nothing but positive responses from your your supervisors about your work habits... then it's all good.

Especially, when your Boss posts at HT too
        Nope. Wrong. Listen to Auntie and go pick up a broom.

And your boss posts to HT while on the clock? Looks like there's a culture of laziness where you work.

I don't care if you're a "media monitor" or whatever else you want to call yourself. HT is not a media website like the Star-Bulletin or Advertiser's.

Wasting time on HT = WASTING TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

I know plenty HT users that post at work!!!! All the time.
        Good for you. I don't post at work. I would get in trouble with my boss for slacking off.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
          Nope. Wrong. Listen to Auntie and go pick up a broom.

And your boss posts to HT while on the clock? Looks like there's a culture of laziness where you work.

I don't care if you're a "media monitor" or whatever else you want to call yourself. HT is not a media website like the Star-Bulletin or Advertiser's.

Wasting time on HT = WASTING TAXPAYER DOLLARS.
          I'm glad to see you think HT is a waste.

I'm sure others would see it as a good source of information and a way to communicate thoughts in a "real-time" perspective.

everyone is welcome to there thoughts PJ.

I'm sorry you might not be able to access HT at work or work in a field that doesn't give you the opportunity that I have.... I can't access Myspace at work... but do I care... no... do I rant and rave about how others post to HT... no... do I give a "crab under a rock" about what you feel about me no.

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
          Good for you. I don't post at work. I would get in trouble with my boss for slacking off.
          and jealousy is a b****

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Palolo Joe, My Papale off to you. You are what employers look for. Not lazy and do nuttins who make up excuses. Bottom Line...Posting at work is fine if you "own" your business. To do so on onnadda's expense is chicken shit!

Das soooo wrong.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            and jealousy is a b****
            Jealousy? hahahahaha

I no tink so Manoa. Palolo Joe already stated he has a great job. The question "Posting To Hawaii Threads While At Work"

Can we stick to the topic at hand?
            Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Palolo Joe, My Papale off to you. You are what employers look for. Not lazy and do nuttins who make up excuses. Bottom Line...Posting at work is fine if you "own" your business. To do so on onnadda's expense is chicken shit!

Das soooo wrong.

Auntie Lynn
              I tend to disagree... on that last comment auntie... but this is about HT at work...

and with PJ's numerous previous spews across HT since i've been a member...including him getting the rare ban that happens here... I think that he should be happy in the job he currently holds....

He could be a totally cool dude in real life... as many people tend to hate me until they meet me too... but who knows?

Comment

I'm glad to see you think HT is a waste.

I'm sure others would see it as a good source of information and a way to communicate thoughts in a "real-time" perspective.

everyone is welcome to there thoughts PJ.

I'm sorry you might not be able to access HT at work or work in a field that doesn't give you the opportunity that I have.... I can't access Myspace at work... but do I care... no... do I rant and rave about how others post to HT... no... do I give a "crab under a rock" about what you feel about me no.
                Ahahaha... go ahead and try to twist my words around you donkey. I said that wasting time at work on HT is a bad thing.

Reading and posting on HT during your own free time? Hey, that's what I do.

Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is slacking off while you're on the clock.

And I think I made it clear a long time ago that I could care less what you think about me.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                and jealousy is a b****
                Too funny. You think I'm jealous of you?

It's not all about you. Even if I were gonna get paid $123485243987234589 billion trillion quadrillion bucks to switch places with you - I wouldn't.

Go ahead. Resort to personal attacks. Try me.

Comment

I tend to disagree... on that last comment auntie... but this is about HT at work...

He could be a totally cool dude in real life... as many people tend to hate me until they meet me too... but who knows?
                  Like I say...We are Ohana here. We have our opinions!!!! I respect everyone...except for the occassional Trolls that venture in.

As for Palolo Joe. I enjoy his postings as well as others. I missed him when he was banned and told him so when he returned.

Once again. Stick to the topic.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

PJ -

I had invited you to Manoa's "get together"

I also welcome you to come see what I do at work (PM me and I give you a tour)... you might have a different view of what slack time is and isn't.
                    Last edited by damontucker; October 4, 2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I work in the private sector, and as long as I get my daily to-do's done, I allow myself time to play online (read: go on MySpace).

As far as government workers go, I can understand both sides of the issue so I won't bother throwing my two cents in because doing so will just eventually piss someone off.

I know of a lot of government agency offices who already have MySpace/chat/forums sites blocked -- if more offices followed suit (and shut down the proxy servers the employees use to get around it), then perhaps more government workers can make more productive use of their time and keep the taxpayers happy.

Just sayin'.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think the litmus test here is by posing this scenerio: You take a taxi to go home. The meter is running and he decides to stop at the supermarket to pick up some groceries while you wait in the cab all the while the meter is ticking away.

Your employer is paying you to do work not to goof off. That's what the breaks are for, that's what your lunch hour is for. If you did all your work then guess what, you don't have a job anymore. When I used to hear someone tell me I don't have anymore work to do, I find work for them to do. There's never a shortage of work to be done anywhere and if there is I'd be worried about my future at that job.

That's the bottom line, you're on the clock so your ass is your employer's for that time period.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          I work in the private sector, and as long as I get my daily to-do's done, I allow myself time to play online (read: go on MySpace).
                          You're lucky, Lei. Did your boss explicitly okay that, or is it just understood that you need to get all your real work done first?
                          Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          I know of a lot of government agency offices who already have MySpace/chat/forums sites blocked -- if more offices followed suit (and shut down the proxy servers the employees use to get around it), then perhaps more government workers can make more productive use of their time and keep the taxpayers happy.
                          Now that's a good idea. Wish more state agencies would follow suit.

I had invited you to Manoa's "get together"

I also welcome you to come see what I do at work (PM me and I give you a tour)... you might have a different view of what slack time is and isn't.
                          Keep trying to jack threads and make them all about you. I don't want to hang out with a cheapskate, I don't want to come to your job, and I don't want to PM you.

And I already understand the concepts of down time and slacking off, and I know the difference.

In my opinion: Posting on HT while at work = SLACKING OFF. There are better things to do around the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                            There are better things to do around the office.
                            Yeah like:

1) talking stink about your boss at the water cooler
                            2) selling fundraising Zippy Chili tickets to your co-workers
                            3) making use of the supply closet
                            4) making a lei out of paper clips
                            5) stapling your multi page EOM report due to your boss on all four corners

Heck PJ I think this could be the start of a whole new thread: Better things to do around the office than posting on HT!
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              Yeah like:

1) talking stink about your boss at the water cooler
                              2) selling fundraising Zippy Chili tickets to your co-workers
                              3) making use of the supply closet
                              4) making a lei out of paper clips
                              5) stapling your multi page EOM report due to your boss on all four corners

Heck PJ I think this could be the start of a whole new thread: Better things to do around the office than posting on HT!
                              Craig, das the best thing I read all day..I needed a good laugh
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X