X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where would you like to be?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    I think it was a joke towards Kaya...

On her signature...she had her pictures of her kids...

then she forgot to change the wording about her "lost/stolen" car...

so it looked liked her kids were lost/stolen

(if not tutu... i apologize for making light of it)
    I apologize if I misinterpreted anything here. I didn't mean to imply that anyone was intentionally being insensitive---just thought that some perhaps didn't notice what I took to be a rather sad post.

Comment

check in, 22Sue. Your 'ohana is in my prayers...

pax

Comment

I'm a bit perplexed by Tutu's post, as well. Though I have an idea. Good thoughts, all around.

On a lighter note, of course the place I'd love to be is Hilo:

We're going over for New Year's. My entire family can't wait!

Comment

I would like to be right here:

but I was at work. When I was in college and had just decided I would pursue teaching as a career, I asked a former teacher for some insight. He said, "Lunch does not exist when you are a teacher. Gulping exists, but forget about lunch."

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to go somewhere during lunch. And to take an hour. You know, to see people or run errands, or make phone calls. You all know I love my job and can't imagine myself doing anything else, but there are things about my job that just...make me sad, sometimes. I would love to have hung out today with other people, even if just to listen to this pretty-good writer (who happens to be a cutie, sure) talk about World of Warcraft. I do get to talk about WOW, of course, but that's with fourteen-year-olds. I like it, but it's still work, you know?

At least I make $39K after ten years of experience.

Crud. I can't make the image appear, so here's a link.
          Last edited by scrivener; November 21, 2006, 07:35 PM.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

but I was at work. When I was in college and had just decided I would pursue teaching as a career, I asked a former teacher for some insight. He said, "Lunch does not exist when you are a teacher. Gulping exists, but forget about lunch."

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to go somewhere during lunch. And to take an hour. You know, to see people or run errands, or make phone calls. You all know I love my job and can't imagine myself doing anything else, but there are things about my job that just...make me sad, sometimes. I would love to have hung out today with other people, even if just to listen to this pretty-good writer (who happens to be a cutie, sure) talk about World of Warcraft. I do get to talk about WOW, of course, but that's with fourteen-year-olds. I like it, but it's still work, you know?

At least I make $39K after ten years of experience.

Crud. I can't make the image appear, so here's a link.
            What up, scriv

I'd love to be in your shoes right now. I got my Praxises (Praxii?) I and II out of the way. I wanna get my GRE's outta the way soon. I'd love to be in grad school or teaching 11th or 12th grade or teaching at a community college--so I guess I'd rather be in the DOE than in a "regular" 9 to 5-er.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Surfing, surfing, surfing!

This is an old picture of me! Pre kids, short hair! Surfing in Waikiki! I miss my surfing! It's been quite some time. With all the people at work who surf at lunch, I'm gearing up to bringing my board to work and joining them, now that I've got some big assignments out of the way! After all, have to get it all in before I get the girls at school!
              Last edited by lavagal; January 15, 2008, 02:06 PM.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                What up, scriv ...I'd love to be in your shoes right now.
                I also would love to see scrivener in the DOE schools... however... I believe in the schools that he is teaching at and the kids there deserve great teachers like him.

If he were to be in the DOE system... he would have to adhere to a very structured system that many teachers don't like...

I like the teaching methods done at his school as well as the atmosphere....

Teaching is not about the money...it's about the kids.... We all know Scriv could make much more then what he's making there....however, happiness has nothing to do with money.

I too could go to the mainland and make more money.... If your happy with what you are doing and you are making an impact with the kids...that's the most important thing.

BTW - Scriv... you are brilliant you know? and I do suck at spread sheets!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                  That's ironic...cuz I was just in a place very similar to that while posting about Manoa's teenage mindset I love my wife
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

wrapping the tape around the fists... getting ready to put on the 14 oz. gloves....

What you talking about? you know I love you...

I seem to be missing something "balboa"

You know I playing "wata..who...be"

but trying to figure out your direction on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      wrapping the tape around the fists... getting ready to put on the 14 oz. gloves....

What you talking about? you know I love you...

I seem to be missing something "balboa"

You know I playing "wata..who...be"

but trying to figure out your direction on this one?

Okay let me try and explain:

Remember that thread on why teenagers do stupid things?

Remember your post regarding when you were a teenager?

Remember when I responded?

Well precisely at that time my face was buried in a place very similar to that nice photo that Hellbent provided for our viewing pleasure.

And the name's Watanabe...Craig Watanabe
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

my how the types of folks that play RPGs have changed over the years.

Anyone remember Zork? Text based pc adventure game? Or Ultima? At least that was graphical. Seems as though gamers are a lot cooler nowadays. I wish life was simpler and I had the time.

by the way mr. scrivener, you right click on the photo, select properties, copy the url and paste into your post. put the [img] [/img] tags after.

but really not sure if image leaching is cool on this board. you should really copy the photo to your harddrive, upload to someplace like imageshack, then copy and paste the url to your post from the imageshack source. in some online communities, image leaching is bannable.

Comment

yeah, but that photo belongs to the HT admin. stealing's okay if you do it from a friend. my problem, which i didn't figure out until i started writing about it, is that i was linking to the photo's flickr page, not the photo itself. silly mistake.

as for zork, yes, of course i remember that. i kept getting lost in the maze.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

as for zork, yes, of course i remember that. i kept getting lost in the maze.
                            funny i don't recall a lot of the details but i do remember getting stuck somewhere in a room or maybe it was a maze and losing interest after a loooooog time. maybe that was giving up.

i also remember playing a text game called "leather goddesses of phoebos". funny thing is i also got stuck on that one - early on and thought, "this game sucks - it is freaking impossible." but for some reason the name stuck in my brain...

i just wikipedia'ed and lo and behold, i discover that it was impossible without some comic book hint guide. hah! 20 years later and i find my futile efforts were not due to any shortcoming on my end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather...sses_of_Phobos

Comment

Right now I wish I were at home, sleeping on my bed...

<I shouldn't of gone out last night...>
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd like to be here, which I will be in less than 2 weeks....

This is me at Kailua beach, my first time kayaking. I kept tipping over, and this local was nice enough to help me get on without tipping and send me on my way...that blue water just kills me ! Can't wait.

Second choice would be the same as Hellbent
                                Last edited by tikiyaki; November 22, 2006, 10:55 AM.
                                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                                X