X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where would you like to be?

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I would like to be right here:

but I was at work. When I was in college and had just decided I would pursue teaching as a career, I asked a former teacher for some insight. He said, "Lunch does not exist when you are a teacher. Gulping exists, but forget about lunch."

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to go somewhere during lunch. And to take an hour. You know, to see people or run errands, or make phone calls. You all know I love my job and can't imagine myself doing anything else, but there are things about my job that just...make me sad, sometimes. I would love to have hung out today with other people, even if just to listen to this pretty-good writer (who happens to be a cutie, sure) talk about World of Warcraft. I do get to talk about WOW, of course, but that's with fourteen-year-olds. I like it, but it's still work, you know?

At least I make $39K after ten years of experience.

Crud. I can't make the image appear, so here's a link.

But Scriv, don't you get 2 months off for summer ?
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I'd like to be out here on my tractor...

But, I'll probably be here instead...
      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        I'm a bit perplexed by Tutu's post, as well. Though I have an idea. Good thoughts, all around.

On a lighter note, of course the place I'd love to be is Hilo:

We're going over for New Year's. My entire family can't wait!
        PZ....Is that outside the Hilo Naniloa ? I stayed there when I was in Hilo ?

Nice Place !
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Here....

Or here.....
          Either one would be great!

But I am not destined to be where I wish I was. I am destined to be here....

Until I die apparently!! :P
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Jonah, you gotta cut down those albizias! And you don't need a tractor; you need a couple of goats.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
              But I am not destined to be where I wish I was. I am destined to be here....
              Until I die apparently!! :P
              Doh! Something happen to your moving plans?

I know how you feel. We're barely into the short days and gray weather and it's already driving me nutty. And to make it worse, I signed up for all these travel alerts for cheap Hawai`i fares. Guess what's on sale right now...

We can't go anywhere until after December though (wife's school).

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                Doh! Something happen to your moving plans?

I know how you feel. We're barely into the short days and gray weather and it's already driving me nutty. And to make it worse, I signed up for all these travel alerts for cheap Hawai`i fares. Guess what's on sale right now...

We can't go anywhere until after December though (wife's school).
                Hubby's been very sick, just pouting today
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  check in, 22Sue. Your 'ohana is in my prayers...
                  Checkin' in. Thank you, PM...and RN.

Sorry for the downer message. That hale is still where I'd like to be right now...even moreso than yesterday. Instead I was inside Moanalua Mortuary helping a 21 yo and an 18 yo make plans to cremate their (single) mom. They weren't `ohana before but they sure are now. After 16 years of no longer being concerned about college and grades and tuition , I am, once again, back in the fold so to speak. I am so, so rusty.

And, yes, PZ's suspicions were right on the money.

Knowing that the incredible hale in my first post is not an option right now, I'll just settle for home.

Comment

Hugs TutuSue!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Nice pictures everyone......its cool seeing where/what other people would like to be doing right now.. keep 'em coming!

KaYa T.
                      sigpic

Comment

This place, of course. Forget the pumpkin pie--we'd have a much better Thanksgiving Day feast with some coco puffs, chantilly cake, and custard pie.

* I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                          Jonah, you gotta cut down those albizias! And you don't need a tractor; you need a couple of goats.
                          I'd probably need a few herds of goats because that's a 105-acre parcel.
                          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Checkin' in. Thank you, PM...and RN.

Sorry for the downer message. That hale is still where I'd like to be right now...even moreso than yesterday. Instead I was inside Moanalua Mortuary helping a 21 yo and an 18 yo make plans to cremate their (single) mom. They weren't `ohana before but they sure are now. After 16 years of no longer being concerned about college and grades and tuition , I am, once again, back in the fold so to speak. I am so, so rusty.

And, yes, PZ's suspicions were right on the money.

Knowing that the incredible hale in my first post is not an option right now, I'll just settle for home.
                            Oh I am so sorry. How terribly sad.

Your first post just didn't seem like a casual statement.

Comment

Back On Molokai Again..here I'm With My Uncle John (2004)1st Time I'd Been There Since 1968..next Reunion Is 2007..whoo Hoo!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                I would like to be right here:

I would love to have hung out today with other people, even if just to listen to this pretty-good writer (who happens to be a cutie, sure) talk about World of Warcraft. I do get to talk about WOW, of course, but that's with fourteen-year-olds. link[/url].
                                This is my first time posting, at least that I can remember.
                                Where I'd like to be right now is back on the Big Island.
                                It won't be long though. My son and I will be there in
                                February. He's not so sure he wants to be there. And this brings me to why I quoted Scrivener's comment about
                                WOW. My son is a serious online gamer. We're getting RR's business package for the 1.5 upload along with the 5 download. But I've heard that the latency on the neighbor
                                islands can really put a dent in this. Jordan's so into this he runs a server off his computer where we live now. It's not like he just plays games. He built me a new computer (at 14) and taught himself html and built his Website (homeschooled). So now that we have a furnished home to
                                move to (where we lived 12 years ago) in rural Puna, I'm getting nervous. Do any of you have any good news on
                                the latency and online gaming (the slower games like WOW) or just how it plays out with the higher speed cable connections? We're starting with turbo RR (5 down, 500 k up) and then if we are going to stay, then I'll commit to the one year with the business package. A guy on Oahu
                                from Oceanic said he plays WOW with a friend on Maui and they have no problem. Anyway, I want to be back in Hawaii. And I'm crossing my fingers, my son will be happy
                                there. He was born there and loved it as a small kid, but that was pre-computer geek days.

Mahalos,
                                Cindy
                                Hawaii Eco Travel Budget Guides
                                www.CoconutRoads.com
                                "Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"

Comment

Working...
                                X