Another earthquake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another earthquake?

On Thanksgiving day. I hope the power doesnt go out, I want to grind tonight.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: Another earthquake?

Yeah, just felt it here in Hawaii Kai, too. I'm snooping around to see where it might be.

It's up:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/hi...m_display.html
    Last edited by lavagal; November 23, 2006, 08:33 AM.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Earthquake - Nov. 23, 2006

Did anyone else feel the ground shake around 9:20 am (HST)? Was kind of minor compared to the October's earthquake.

Comment

I hope they don't come in two's... cause I sure felt that!

If the power went out on Thanksgiving.... I don't know what i would do...
        I've got two football games I want to see on TV

Yep!

This is becomming too common!

Comment

Re: Earthquake - Nov. 23, 2006

Yeah, I felt it. It was much smaller than October's earthquake, but still a little spooky.

Comment

I thought I was imagining things!

Oh well...back to bed!
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

So, I didn't dream that.

If the power does go out, then you'll see me posting from my car.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Today is my last day on the Big Island, I am coming back to HNL tomorrow afternoon.

Just want to report that here in Honokaa the earthquake was long and rolling. I would rate it at about a 4 or something... the Hawaii Volcano tracking website is either down or just overloaded with traffic now, so I don't know the exact magnitude.

However I was on the phone at the exact time talking to my friend in Hilo, 40 miles southeast of Honokaa. I told him we are having an earthquake, but he did not feel it until some 30 to 35 seconds later.

Frotunately at least for around here there is no damage at my parents' place, and no injury. The shaking is unnerving.

So you folks felt it in Honolulu/Oahu and elsewhere?

Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless.

mel
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I tuned in to KSSK just after I posted the start of this thread and caught something about the October earthquake and then around 9:38am the announcer said it was a 5.0 centered around the same areas as the October earthquake.

Comment

Hey! Wat's going on? No make me scared. I like eat. I neva eat nuttin yet. Plezzzz no let the electricity go out.

Come on Oahu people. Let's NOT repeat another November madness. The Big Island always remain calmer den us and it happens ova dea.

Hmmmm...who was da guy dat said Central Oahu, Hawai'i Kai was on a fault or something lil dat yesterday?

I remember. Craig Watanabe!

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 23, 2006, 08:42 AM.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The news KHNL reported that it was a 5.0 off Waikoloa on the Big Island.

Interesting that neither newspaper has reported on it in it's breaking news section nearly 20 minutes later...

Yet here on HT we already have two threads going on it!

The power of us HT users!

Comment

USGS mapping shows it as about a 5, located almost exactly where the last Big One was....
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Hey! Wat's going on? No make me scared. I like eat. I neva eat nuttin yet. Plezzzz no let the electricity go out.
                          I no like the power go out again too auntie. We're having lunch at our house, so if power goes out, I no tink our cars can power all da stoves fo cook.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I think this thread or the other needs to be merged with each other:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=11103

That said, I am listening to an emergency scanner. Not much chatter beyond a few medical emergency calls.

Local radio on the Big Island sucks. Hardly any info. At least out here.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

In October's earthquake the generators on Oahu tripped after the second tremor, which happened a few minutes after the first tremor.

I don't listen much to radio but it seems that the programming on KSSK is normal with music and ads. However the news director has been on twice telling about the earthquake which has not generate a tsumani.

Comment

Working...
                              X