X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueyecicle
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

My pet peeve is from the 4th....it is the man who went in the back of the park to "do his business" (pee) and made sure to take his gun and clip out and lay it down on the ground while he did his business.....I walked into him while taking my boys to the bathroom....that did not make me a happy mom!!
    I guess I have to get used to being in the big city...This was BTW North Carolina in Elizabeth City.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Yeah, yeah...I know.heheheh

I Love HT very, very, very MUCHY!!

I sorry.

I go take my pills now.

Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 6, 2007, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Lynn, your post was just piling on and making fun of the whole thread renaming thing. I agree posts shouldn't be deleted willy nilly and I've asked Helen for a little more restraint. But really, she's just trying to keep a neat house, which I can appreciate.

We've debated endlessly about how this forum is moderated. Too strictly for some, not strictly enough for others. What can I say, we try to strike a balance that makes for the best virtual "hale" for everyone. It means a lot to me that you're here, but we're certainly not forcing anyone to stay. There are plenty of other forums out there with different flavors and styles to choose from. If they'll let you in! As I told Hellbent, I'm sorry to see him go, but surely I'm glad he's got a spot that works exactly the way he likes it.

Comments on how HawaiiThreads.com is run are always welcome, just not splattered all over the place. And I appreciate and take every comment to heart. But realistically, though I will defend the real First Amendment and so-called "freedom of speech" to the ends of the Earth, for the most part those rights end when you've stepped into someone else's house. I just happen to think I run this particular house relatively well. Open and fun, and sharp and smart.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

My Pet Peeve? Helen deleting my whole comment on the Transformer thread!!! Wat? I was answering the question of the quote. As a moderator, you should not be DELETE HAPPY!

Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

no, i didnt pm you, i pm'd helen. unless you are helen or helen's SO, as she was the one to change my thread title.
    well its been fun, i dont agree with your rules so i'll switch focus to another one of my forums. imo it violates my free speech/creativity in some weird way (changing my thread title), but its your board, so im going to 'take my ball and play elsewhere'.
    its not like i contributed anything really useful anyway. it was enlightening for awhile, reading about watada and poitics, but lately its been fluff. ive been checking this board less and less often and not being able to edit your own posts and now this enforced thread title thing (maybe its not new, i started posting in 2004 i think, but this is the first time) leaves a bad taste in my mouth. no one else seems to have a problem with it, so i guess its just me.
    so.... good luck.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Sorry, Hellbent, I didn't receive your PM. I believe Helen was the one that changed the title. As we request in our 'new user tips' FAQ, thread titles should generally be useful more than clever. Movie titles in particular, so both users here and folks arriving via Google find what they're looking for, and so we don't get duplicate threads when subsequent members think to discuss the same film (even after they're smart enough to search first).

I change thread titles fairly frequently, so that 'Check This Out' becomes 'New Justin Timberlake Album,' or 'I've Been Wondering...' becomes 'Advice for New Dog Owners?' -- and understand it can be annoying to some. I certainly hope it's not worth leaving us over, however!

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

I hate it when a mod changes the title of my Die Hardest 4 thread and doesnt reply to my PM. No one cares, so I guess I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but hey, I guess I dont have to post on this board either.

Leave a comment:

• christa
    replied

gecko i'm with you. totally. we play it here on 93.1 the zone and it's the ONLY song we play that actually makes me change the station. gah.

now anything by justin timberlake on the other hand.... well that's the OPPOSITE of pet peeve!

Leave a comment:

• GeckoGeek
    replied

The song "Before He Cheats":

"That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
    carved my name into his leather seats...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
    slashed a hole in all 4 tires..."

Songs justifying criminal property damage - don't need it.

(Cool tune, but)

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    I really hate it when 50ish overweight and out of shape women wear string bikinis to the beach. Ugh!
    Amen. And ditto for men wearing Speedos. I've said it here before, and I'll say it again -- there should be a process whereby people have to apply and obtain a permit to wear thongs or Speedos!

Leave a comment:

• DKP
    replied

When people order half the menu in fast-food drive-thrus and create gridlock. Please, if you're ordering alot of food...go inside. The extra gas used adds up nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

OK - I know I shouldn't be this petty (or is it catty), but...... I really hate it when 50ish overweight and out of shape women wear string bikinis to the beach. Ugh!

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    I am stewing about SciFi axing "Stargate SG-1" -- last episode this week.
    It does make me sad..... but the show hasn't been the same for me since Jack O'Neil became a general.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    I still gotta cook for my Honey and Ohana.
    Cook healthy for them, too - or you'll be around and they WON'T! Not a good option. Go walking with PK more and more, too.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Lynn:
    Eat your oatmeal! No matter how you try, taking a photo of oatmeal will not make it more appetizing for those of us who like food pix. But it will help you!
    Thanks Sis!!

I going start tomorrow. I'll be serious cause I have no choice if I want to live longer and see my children and grandchildren. I still gotta cook for my Honey and Ohana.

Today's menu is Gandule Rice!

Lynn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X