• Show
Clear All

• blueyecicle
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    Now for my "Pet peeve..."

This is so absurd it's funny, enjoy!

Prelude) I recently purchased a moped in preparation of giving my car away to a nice young 19 years old couple that are out on their own and trying hard.

Story) On Sunday I had a few buddies over and I let one use my stall, while I street parked. I gave him my parking pass to hang from the rear view mirror. We had a Great day and that evening he drove off with the pass. I got up in the morning and moved my car before 6:30am or it would be towed. Realizing that my pass wasn't in there, I left a big note on the dashboard saying... "Do Not Tow! Correct car for this stall. Thanks." My wife and I did some errands and whenever the car was parked at home I kept checking on it.

Climax) Today's the day (6/04) I'm giving away the car. Our plan is to meet at the museum 5pm. My moped is already there so I can drive home. At 2pm I took a shower to get ready for work and when I came out the car was gone! I called and it was towed to Sand Island and would cost me $143 to retrieve it.

End) I got a good friend who lives nearby to drive me out there and drop me off. I paid for the car, drove it to work, arriving JUST on time and gave it away.

Sheesh!!! I think the car was getting in one last dig. Gotcha! HaHaHa!
    OMG!! haha, you are right it is so absurd it is just funny....sometime ya just gotta laugh....

My peeve today? Also so absurd it is funny.

My husband went to work lastnight as usual, he came out at his break 8:30pm only to find....a tornado picked up a stack of pallets and yes, dropped them on our van!

No one else had anymore damage than a few dents, but we lost a windshield and side of the van! .....and 2 pallets sat atop our car...

There are no tornadoes in Virginia, they told me...HA

Only in hubby's parking space! A witness said "well, it wasn't actuallt a tornado, it was a downdraft and become tornado like, then went back into the clouds"....

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck??

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Now for my "Pet peeve..."

This is so absurd it's funny, enjoy!

Prelude) I recently purchased a moped in preparation of giving my car away to a nice young 19 years old couple that are out on their own and trying hard.

Story) On Sunday I had a few buddies over and I let one use my stall, while I street parked. I gave him my parking pass to hang from the rear view mirror. We had a Great day and that evening he drove off with the pass. I got up in the morning and moved my car before 6:30am or it would be towed. Realizing that my pass wasn't in there, I left a big note on the dashboard saying... "Do Not Tow! Correct car for this stall. Thanks." My wife and I did some errands and whenever the car was parked at home I kept checking on it.

Climax) Today's the day (6/04) I'm giving away the car. Our plan is to meet at the museum 5pm. My moped is already there so I can drive home. At 2pm I took a shower to get ready for work and when I came out the car was gone! I called and it was towed to Sand Island and would cost me $143 to retrieve it.

End) I got a good friend who lives nearby to drive me out there and drop me off. I paid for the car, drove it to work, arriving JUST on time and gave it away.

Sheesh!!! I think the car was getting in one last dig. Gotcha! HaHaHa!

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Go for it Serenity!

The other choice is for them to lose you completely, so hopefully they'll (management) appreciate what you're offering.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Speaking of "being short on staff".....

My work place is also short on staff,after the 17th, I am thinking of working atleast one day a week (not sure exactly which day it is yet), we are really short on staff, I talked to my mom about the plan I have & the situation at work, & she said that if I want to work one day a week, go a head, & I shouldn't let it make it my problem that they are short on staff, & they should try to work around the schedule I chose.

No, I'm not even the manager or the DM there, I just put in my days/hours & leave.

So, is that right??

If I so desire to only work one day a week, & I shouldn't worry about it, too much??

because lately I haven't seen any new co workers or anyone at all wanting to work there. Myabe it has been slow as far as work enthusiasm goes, or either that, the DM just doesn't want to hire new people, not sure in that department, yet.

Well...

Hope to hear anyone's reply sooon.

Aloha.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Originally posted by adrian View Post
    It pisses me off when a member of the service industry (myself included) don't care when they don't offer a hospitable and friendly service.
    Yeah Adrian, me too.

I run the Security Third Watch (4pm. till Midnight) at the Bishop Museum.
    We're still short a man, so 3 of us are working six nights a week and have been for over two months. We're tired, but that's no excuse to take it out on either staff or guests of the museum. I had to remind one of my men the other night.
    I responded to him by saying... "Yeah, it was a stupid request, but giving them an attitude was too!"

Sheesh...

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

It pisses me off when a member of the service industry (myself included) don't care when they don't offer a hospitable and friendly service. Yes, you're working Sunday evenings, but either you're used to it or are forcing yourself to like it - or else you'd quit.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

FYI -

Just to let you all know that I didn't post my rants just so that I can have a reply of "Poor you", thing.

I just posted it to have a pressure release if you will, or perhaps in a sense, similar to a blog or what ever.

To be honest, to me in actuality, it's kind of like a huge pimple that kinda been bugging me, & it hurts, so I squeez it to relieve the pressure, I know it kinda sounds gross, but that is the only way I can describe it.

Well, thanks for listening
    (or reading & underdstanding).

Aloha. =)

P.S. the DM did come in today, & she made the day a whole lot better
    (for me) by just coming in.

Later, my hubby & I will go do a dinner & a movie thing.

Yay!!.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    Actually, what I notice about this lady is...

when it is just her & I working together, she seems to to be mad or get mad rather easily (with me), but when there is a third person working with us, she seems rather nice to be around. I don't understand that type of logic at all!!.

Although looong before, it was much worse than that, so therefore, the manager, her & I had a little meeting to get it all squared out away,

& she changed her attitude, & started being nice once again, so I thought. So Now & then when it would be just her & I, well, now, I am affraid that do Is Have to be walking on egg shells again, or not even worry about it, & just hope for the best either for the same day or the next time I work with her alone again??.
    Oh by the way, after the manager left, she started going back to her old ways of getting pissed off about little stupid stuff!!

She started making me feel like crap all day, & started out with something really minute (mi~noot) & stupid.

Since I gotta work 1/2 day tomorrow, I Talked to the DM about her, atleast the DM will come in so that there will be a 3rd person around so that she wont give me crap all day, & the DM said that she would talk to her tomorrow. sigh.

I feel better in coming in tomorrow knowing that atleast there will be a 3rd person & so that she can't give crap at all. Thank God & Thank Goodness!!. =)

Aloha.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Afta reading your looong Pet Peeve ~ I wanna sing "Take This Job and Shove It! I Ain't Working Hea No Moa!"
    I wish it was that easy!. Now, we are short handed =( . I think 5 people including me, & we have not any other people come in to apply. =(

Yes, I know that it is not my problem & duty to stay, although, I do feel kinda bad that they are short handed so I help out with the days & hours I chose, & yes also I know that I will feel it physically & mentally later.

My Pet Peeve: I tried on my swimsuit for Memorial Day. Da bugga wen shrink!!! I know I neba gain weight. Yep! Da bugga wen SHRINK!!

Auntie Lynn
    You know....

I have pants that are the same way, they ended up shrinking on me. lol. shucks. Dang it. lol.

What kine clothing is that?? I buy it, just to end up shrinking on me down the road. sigh. oh well.

Alohaz, any wayz.

Thanks Lynn.

Leave a comment:

• ErikaMarie
    replied

Today I am angry that the mall I work at took the public trashcan away from my area & now people leave thier trash on my kiosk, or in my tiny little trashcan, & their trash always consists of messy foods which are now attracting flies.

This pisses me off a great deal. We've complained, but nothing has been done. They simply do not care.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Afta reading your looong Pet Peeve ~ I wanna sing "Take This Job and Shove It! I Ain't Working Hea No Moa!"

My Pet Peeve: I tried on my swimsuit for Memorial Day. Da bugga wen shrink!!! I know I neba gain weight. Yep! Da bugga wen SHRINK!!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    I Hope that this doesn't sound like an old repetition of my last rant.. But....

This is my mngr's last day today at work, but I wasn't even scheduled to work today, but she asked me to come in early, oh about 5 am, & she picked up today, too.

I asked her Thursday how long she wanted me to stay seeing as I wasn't even scheduled to work today, & she said when ever I wanted to leave, so I chose to leave around noon.

So...

in the morning it was just me while as my manager had to go to to the main storage to get some stuff, I was left with tending to other customers while I had to run & do the things I was required to do!!.

Let me tell you, it was hard work to do 2 things at the same time which it felt like it at the time!!.

Perhaps when she does leave, it will turn out differently as the DM will be the one to do the new schedulings.

You know how you have your battery life in your cell phone?
    I have the X495, which has the bar on the left top corner of the screen.

Well, at the end of the day, I felt like I was running on less that 1 battery life on my phone. I got so burned out.

I end up stretching my energy way too thin by running around at work today because I ended up being by myself without help .

Around noon, I was just sooo glad that my hubby called me to pick me up & bring me home, which technically, saved he day for me.

Around 11:45 am, my manager wanted to me to do this & that, so therefore, I had to remind her that it was almost time for me to go which she understood, because my hubby was picking me up. Woo hoo. Thankgoodness for that.

Unfortunetly I wont have much time to rest on saturday, because I will be working again .

With all the work I am given with more hours, doesn't realy mean much to me because at this point, I would rather have less hours which makes me a happier person. .

Hopefully when the DM starts giving out the hours to everyone, things will start calming down for me & less hours. Hopefully.

btw - the DM has asked my manager to work part time in our company when she is off on her families new business, so I don't know how that will work out for either of them

Aloha.
    Oh by the way....

When my managaer told me on Thursday that she would pick me up on Friday, & she told me the time (I think it was 5 am, but I wasn't sure). So...

Thursday night when I asked her again (text her on her phone) what time was she picking me up, & her reply was "4:30 am on Friday". so...

I was ready by 4:30 am, & waited outrside by the driveway of our apartment, 15 minutes went by & she wasn't even there!!.

So I text by telling her to let me know when she is downstairs, because I was getting cold waiting.

So, when she finally arrived, it was 5: am!!.

She should have told me 5: am, so I c ould have gotten more sleep!!. but..., what~ever!!.

Aloha, any ways.

gotta go to work this morning. =(

Byeee.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

I Hope that this doesn't sound like an old repetition of my last rant.. But....

This is my mngr's last day today at work, but I wasn't even scheduled to work today, but she asked me to come in early, oh about 5 am, & she picked up today, too.

I asked her Thursday how long she wanted me to stay seeing as I wasn't even scheduled to work today, & she said when ever I wanted to leave, so I chose to leave around noon.

So...

in the morning it was just me while as my manager had to go to to the main storage to get some stuff, I was left with tending to other customers while I had to run & do the things I was required to do!!.

Let me tell you, it was hard work to do 2 things at the same time which it felt like it at the time!!.

Perhaps when she does leave, it will turn out differently as the DM will be the one to do the new schedulings.

You know how you have your battery life in your cell phone?
    I have the X495, which has the bar on the left top corner of the screen.

Well, at the end of the day, I felt like I was running on less that 1 battery life on my phone. I got so burned out.

I end up stretching my energy way too thin by running around at work today because I ended up being by myself without help .

Around noon, I was just sooo glad that my hubby called me to pick me up & bring me home, which technically, saved he day for me.

Around 11:45 am, my manager wanted to me to do this & that, so therefore, I had to remind her that it was almost time for me to go which she understood, because my hubby was picking me up. Woo hoo. Thankgoodness for that.

Unfortunetly I wont have much time to rest on saturday, because I will be working again .

With all the work I am given with more hours, doesn't realy mean much to me because at this point, I would rather have less hours which makes me a happier person. .

Hopefully when the DM starts giving out the hours to everyone, things will start calming down for me & less hours. Hopefully.

btw - the DM has asked my manager to work part time in our company when she is off on her families new business, so I don't know how that will work out for either of them

Aloha.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    Why doesnt Walmart have trash cans in the parking lot? Maybe thats why theres so much trash in the carts, Adrian =p
    There is, but like the cart bins, they're scattered (but some are near the bins). So, like the cart bins, its just a matter of people finding them and utilizing them for their correct purpose.

And you can put me in a room full of elderly people who needs their incontinence briefs changed, or in a bathroom full of backed up feces, but once I see and smell barf, I can barf myself. There was 2 barf messes at the entrance of our store tonight, one was cleaned up, but the other (which was right infront of the exit door) was sitting there for a few hours. I had to literally run away from that area, only to return while bringing in carts with my coworkers.

Weird, because the cart crew was fully staffed (3 people working) but the other departments weren't (the maintenance guy was on another duty)

Oh, and yay for gates! I backed up into one while I was reversing into my parking spot last week - I didn't notice the dent until I was at the beach yesterday. After I bumped the gate, I thought I ruined my rear lights, but they were fine to me. Atleast it wasn't a mirror...

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    Why doesnt Walmart have trash cans in the parking lot? Maybe thats why theres so much trash in the carts, Adrian =p
    The Hilo WalMart has trash cans in the parking lot. Home Depot doesn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X