X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oceanpacific
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

My normal inclination is to NOT charge anything, even postage, but they're the ones who insist on paying. So, I give them a nominal figure. Most will remit the $$$, but, some conveniently "forget" and just disappear.

Local guys will often overpay. One guy tossed a $20 bill through my car window and high-tailed it after I told him $5 was enough.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

[QUOTE=oceanpacific;146394]
    I don't mind sharing these and I don't charge for my time as I have a lot of that. But, it seems that some people either have no manners or are simply "takers." No follow-through on promised reimbursement for mailing costs or supplies (blank discs are cheap, but still cost something, even if it's under a buck).
    QUOTE]

Have them send payment or SASE first?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
    This is probably in this thread somewhere but Im posting it as my pet peeve......."modified/souped up mopeds!! OMG, there was a pack of em last night of about 6 or 8 and they were going back and forth just irritating me to no end. I was in bed, close to midnight and these things were just sooooo annoying.
    Hint: 20-pound test sugi tied across the street at oh let's say...neck level

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied

I've noticed recently that after I fulfill internet requests for CDs/DVDs from fans I've never met, I don't get any acknowlegement or confirmation that they even received the items. I have a rather extensive library of old UH games (football, basketball, volleyball), some of which go back to 1981.

I don't mind sharing these and I don't charge for my time as I have a lot of that. But, it seems that some people either have no manners or are simply "takers." No follow-through on promised reimbursement for mailing costs or supplies (blank discs are cheap, but still cost something, even if it's under a buck).

These people live on the mainland as far away as the east coast. It doesn't cost anything to send an e-mail, right?

Leave a comment:

• LocoBoy
    replied

This is probably in this thread somewhere but Im posting it as my pet peeve......."modified/souped up mopeds!! OMG, there was a pack of em last night of about 6 or 8 and they were going back and forth just irritating me to no end. I was in bed, close to midnight and these things were just sooooo annoying.

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

Has to be this spring cleaning stuff. Spent all day clearing old junk out of the spare bedroom so I can put in new junk.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

On the Big Island, motorists use the shoulder lane as the passing lane. The really stupid part about their reasoning is that the lane markings allow for passing on the left on certain intervals on the highway but they won't pass on the shoulder lane until they see the broken median lines. Otherwise they stay behind and tailgate you.

Then there's the people who needed to turn left but no left turn is permitted, so they drive a few hundred feet down the road and do an illegal U-turn so they can come back down the road to make the legal right. These kinds of people are appropriately labelled: Dumb ASS!

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoGuy75
    replied

Lately, it's been people on the highway trying to create another lane to get ahead of traffic not realizing that the rest of us in the lane has to stop when they decide to plow into our lane.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

When I used to close at Home Depot (I work days now) when the call to Code Push went over the PA system, I'd jump at the chance. Gives me an excuse to get outside for a change.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

this week's pet peeve: people who work inside are scared to come out just to push (or even guide) carts for 30 minutes. I want to yell at them saying we do this for 5+ hours, but you can't do it for 30 minutes? Heck, we even push the 30+ carts, you just have to guide it and tell us when we're about to hit a car.

(atleast I'm losing major weight and gaining muscle.)

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Now you know not to stay, Serenity. First time...shame on him/her/them. Second time...shame on you. Was this the first time that this situation happened to you? If so, you now know what to expect the 2nd time. Sad, huh?
    Yup, first time. I think I wont care next time, if she will be all by herself, if she will only end up yelling at me !!. , I will only work through my scheduled time (what ever that may be), & if she end up being by herself, when I leave,then so be it!!!

Why stay when I know I wont be appreciated by her, atleast, when I called the manager, she thanked me over the phone for going out my way to stay, when I could have left.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    It's amazing when you bend over backwards to help the company you work for and get no appreciation for it, but the minute you do something wrong, they're quick to nail you for it.

They say they have no control over policy however when looking at the policy book, in fine print in many cases adherance to policy is, "At the discretion of the Manager".

That little fine print allows a manager to take into consideration an employee's particular situation and balances out the disciplinary action vs the employee's past performance. In some cases though an employee's past performance can be conveniently overlooked when nailing them to the cross for one bad incident.

I've seen this kind of treatment at every job I've been employed at including the US Air Force.
    Speaking of which...

I really don't understand that at all, yeah, I try to be nice, & "bend over backwarsd", but "when I do some thing wrong, they are quick to nail me for it"!.

Or worse yet, they ask me one day, to work on a day when I am not scheduled, & they think they can automatically just keep putting me on the schedule when I don't really want to work that much at all,

Another worse yet....

I think we only have 6 people working there, when clearly we really need more people to hire!!. sure....

their hiring sign is on the window, but it is so small, that it isn't even hardly noticable !!.

The DM said that she tried to go to places like neal blaisdel when they have different companies hiring on each booth, but suppsidly that didn't work, so what ever. I don't know why they don't want to spend any money to place an ad in the news paper, to higher more people !!.

I think they are just waiting for people to ask for application & return it back when it is filled.

That is just plain dumb, if they just want to wait, & the want ad sign is so small that it is even that noticable.!!. SIGH!!.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    What I hate about today at work is.....

I had work today from 8-12, but there was another lady that I work with that would end up working from noon - 3 all by herself, so I figure I would help out & stay till 3, when the manager would come back again to close with her.

For that duration of the 3 hours, I just got yelled at, to top that off, she turned it around to make it my fault that she ended uo being angry at me !!. So, what is up with that ?!?!?!

Thanks for the appreciation that I end up working longer hours than I wanted too. My hubby & I were suppose to visit his dad today, but we didn't because he wanted to visit on a different day instead.

Lucky thing for her that I staid, because it got really busy for that 3 hours!.

What would happen if I left at noon, & she was all by herself & needed an extra person to help out & I wasn't there. GAWD!!.

I just hate people with no appreciation what's so ever!!.

Gawd!!
    Actually, what I notice about this lady is...

when it is just her & I working together, she seems to to be mad or get mad rather easily (with me), but when there is a third person working with us, she seems rather nice to be around. I don't understand that type of logic at all!!.

Although looong before, it was much worse than that, so therefore, the manager, her & I had a little meeting to get it all squared out away,

& she changed her attitude, & started being nice once again, so I thought. So Now & then when it would be just her & I, well, now, I am affraid that do Is Have to be walking on egg shells again, or not even worry about it, & just hope for the best either for the same day or the next time I work with her alone again??.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

i've been trying to lose a certain amount of weight without any long term success for the last five years but last year, i was actually getting somewhere with my weight/health goal and feeling really good about myself. then i decided to go back to college at night. bleh. there went my regular exercise routine. the closest i get to going to the gym is when i trudge to and from my classes at hpu and pass the downtown 24 hour fitness.

anyway, my pet peeve is this. 99% of my days, my appetite is fairly hearty, meaning that i while i don't generally eat more than i should (i've kept a food diary, so i know), i do look very much forward to my meals bcs food is part of life's joys.

unless i'm really emotionally upset about something and my appetite goes down to zero, which is what's going on with me right now. like yesterday, i think i ate maybe five bites of chicken and rice. that's it. nothing else. oh, water. i made sure to drink water.

sure, that's a great way to lose weight in the short term (everyone hail the fifty calorie a day "diet" *rolls eyes*), but in the long term, i'm just putting my body in "survivor mode" and anything i eat, for as long as i have no appetite to eat and for a while afterwards, will just go straight to my ever-burgeoning fat stores.

this sucks butt.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

It's amazing when you bend over backwards to help the company you work for and get no appreciation for it, but the minute you do something wrong, they're quick to nail you for it.

They say they have no control over policy however when looking at the policy book, in fine print in many cases adherance to policy is, "At the discretion of the Manager".

That little fine print allows a manager to take into consideration an employee's particular situation and balances out the disciplinary action vs the employee's past performance. In some cases though an employee's past performance can be conveniently overlooked when nailing them to the cross for one bad incident.

I've seen this kind of treatment at every job I've been employed at including the US Air Force.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X