• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    What I hate about today at work is.....[...]GAWD!!. [...]Gawd!!
    Now you know not to stay, Serenity. First time...shame on him/her/them. Second time...shame on you. Was this the first time that this situation happened to you? If so, you now know what to expect the 2nd time. Sad, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

What I hate about today at work is.....

I had work today from 8-12, but there was another lady that I work with that would end up working from noon - 3 all by herself, so I figure I would help out & stay till 3, when the manager would come back again to close with her.

For that duration of the 3 hours, I just got yelled at, to top that off, she turned it around to make it my fault that she ended uo being angry at me !!. So, what is up with that ?!?!?!

Thanks for the appreciation that I end up working longer hours than I wanted too. My hubby & I were suppose to visit his dad today, but we didn't because he wanted to visit on a different day instead.

Lucky thing for her that I staid, because it got really busy for that 3 hours!.

What would happen if I left at noon, & she was all by herself & needed an extra person to help out & I wasn't there. GAWD!!.

I just hate people with no appreciation what's so ever!!.

Gawd!!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    some of the most ballsy chicks I know are quite petite.
    The Alpha Female is rather petite. I do my best to NEVER get on her bad side. Her stink-eye alone can paralyze, while just one raised eyebrow frightens medium-size dogs.

(Then again, I don't plan to p!$$ off any Amazonian-build titas, either...)

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

A friend of mine went to a big chain grocery store.
    They have an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.
    The veggie department features the smell of fresh buttered corn.
    When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.
    When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and the scent
    of fresh hay fills the air.

My friend doesn't buy toilet paper there any more.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    thanks! coming from you, that is a true compliment.

the real life me is smaller than anyone expects, and many who initally meet me virtually, upon meeting me in reality, expect me to be meeker than my cyber self because of my lack of height.

pet peeve for today? people who bring their love triangle/rectangle/octagon/whatever in to work, causing a distraction for everyone else. talk about a quick way to make your professional rep tank.
    It's sweet to see these nice sentiments in a thread about pet peeves! I always enjoy reading your comments and you made me hungry on another thread today! As for your colleagues, think how small their world must be that they have to drag it into work.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Ya know what, LG? You are dy-no-mite...be it virtual or physical. The eyes have nothing to do with it. The brain does. I think the majority of us are shy to a degree. That degree is dictated by the circumstances.

Now, stop this nonsense!
    Sue:
    I needed this. I feel like I am rocketing into space with this new job...you know, where the rocket ride is all bumps and turbulence and mach 8 g-forces flapping your cheeks around? I'm waiting for my breakthrough when work turns into a smooth ride in space. I need some prayer!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    I hate...

paranoia.

The family cat has been missing since last thurs. I hunted the region, drove to the animal shelter, feared that she mortally fell from the trees (she's a birder) or was mortally attacked by the neighbor's dogs (and proceded to plan vengeance upon said canine vermin).

She shows up tonight, skinny and tired, and several days and buckets of tears later. I now assume that some evil neighbor caught her and dropped her off 20miles away (which would explain the days it took her to trek it home) and procede to plan vengeance upon said mystery neighbor....

*sigh*

I am *so* happy my beloved lil furry girlyfriend is home with the fam. And, she's fixed, so a heat is out of the question.
    I'm glad she's home, too. My girly cat outside is skinny as can be. Her brother is an amiable tub of goo. Their sister, I assume, had her neck twisted by a hateful neighbor, and I'm pretty sure I know who! My cats are neutered, but we still have a neighborhood of rude toms who enjoy howling in my yard, keeping me awake. Kitty Girl whoops their ass some, but I worry for her!

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

the real life me is smaller than anyone expects, and many who initally meet me virtually, upon meeting me in reality, expect me to be meeker than my cyber self because of my lack of height.
    some of the most ballsy chicks I know are quite petite. My dad has a saying, "the big guy fights to subdue, the small guy fights to destroy" and I suspect that having the whole world pretty much bigger than (the proverbial) you must impart such attitude. It is a pragmatic headspace, I would assume.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

I hate...

paranoia.

The family cat has been missing since last thurs. I hunted the region, drove to the animal shelter, feared that she mortally fell from the trees (she's a birder) or was mortally attacked by the neighbor's dogs (and proceded to plan vengeance upon said canine vermin).

She shows up tonight, skinny and tired, and several days and buckets of tears later. I now assume that some evil neighbor caught her and dropped her off 20miles away (which would explain the days it took her to trek it home) and procede to plan vengeance upon said mystery neighbor....

*sigh*

I am *so* happy my beloved lil furry girlyfriend is home with the fam. And, she's fixed, so a heat is out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    [...]I actually think that people prefer the virtual me to the real me. The virtual me is easier on the eyes...and I think more clever than the physical me; and believe it or not I'm kinda shy in public.
    Ya know what, LG? You are dy-no-mite...be it virtual or physical. The eyes have nothing to do with it. The brain does. I think the majority of us are shy to a degree. That degree is dictated by the circumstances.

Now, stop this nonsense!

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

I like you, ericncyn. I really like you!
    thanks! coming from you, that is a true compliment.

I actually think that people prefer the virtual me to the real me. The virtual me is easier on the eyes...and I think more clever than the physical me; and believe it or not I'm kinda shy in public.

pet peeve for today? people who bring their love triangle/rectangle/octagon/whatever in to work, causing a distraction for everyone else. talk about a quick way to make your professional rep tank.

Leave a comment:

• DannyWilliams
    replied

Yes customers are lazy on the eyes when looking for something and yeah its right infront of their face. But yeah I just soooooooooo wanna go Bill Engvall (ya know the comedian who does the "here's your sign" skit) on them.
    But figure we are there to assist even its the most dumbest question(s) we get asked when approached.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

What I am peeved about....

My hubby is taxi driver...

& his passengers know full well, that once they get in his car, they either have enough $$$ or don't for the ride to their destination.

The point I am making is, that, if they don't have enough $$, they should say so, or atleast right before they get in the car, or say that they have to get it from the person who have the money to pay for the ride, NOT after the fact !!!.

If they don't have enougg $$, then they shouldn't try to take advantage of taxi drivers at all & try to get away with it by letting 'em know afta!!!!.

WTF!?!

My thoughts on that is....

Here, bend over for me, & let me shove my foot up your okole(butt)!!.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

my pet peeve today...

people who act all uppity/abrasive/haughty/aggressive/wanna-be-hard on the phone or via email...but once you "interface" in person with them, they're completely different.

I know what you mean, but in reverse. I used to be on these forums for this game for about 2 years. I flew up to meet alot of them (to Canada) and I met this one guy... He was a real jerk online, but in person he was actually alright. And this guy who I got along with online but found out he was a real dork in real life...
    I think I say more online, but its starting to seep into my real life. I'll say what I think more often and with a quicker wit nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    The other day a customer's shopping cart was blocking an aisle. I was helping her when another customer came strolling up in his cart and stopped. He pondered for a few seconds then cleared his throat, "How do you think I could pass here?"
    I hate it when ppl leave their carts in the middle of the damn aisle, especially at costco. Some damn couple was standing in line for a free sample (buy a hot dog, its only $1.50!) and completely blocking the thoroughfare. They looked at me like 'oh, did you want to get thru' so i gave them the 'of couse i do you dipsh!t, youre in the middle of the aisle' look back

Another customer asked where the window screen clips were. He was standing right in front of them by coincidence...
    True story: I used to work at longs and the store manager called a meeting- apparently a customer had complained about a rude comment an employee made. Afterwards I found out that this friendly but pochogee lady had told a lady 'if it was a snake, itd bite you on the ass' when asked about a product that was behind them. lol

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

The other day a customer's shopping cart was blocking an aisle. I was helping her when another customer came strolling up in his cart and stopped. He pondered for a few seconds then cleared his throat, "How do you think I could pass here?"

"Well" I said, "You could move this woman's cart to the side like this" as I proceeded to move her cart, "then you simply push your cart by with a friendly thank you, but I'll take care of that for you sir, have a nice day"

Another customer asked where the window screen clips were. He was standing right in front of them by coincidence and asked me to give him two bags. I wished I could have said, "Ahh you no unnnastan Engrish, I so sorry, you piku up de bagu lika dis and putem in cartu des ne!

Or This may take some time sir. I'll have to barraccade these aisles and have a spotter nearby to assist getting these bags off the peghooks. This'll take about 20-30 minutes. It's for your safety sir please step outside the barraccades.

Or This will require a two-man lift technique to pull these bags off the peghook. Can you assist me sir I don't want to hurt my back"

Some people are so lazy.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

my pet peeve today...

people who act all uppity/abrasive/haughty/aggressive/wanna-be-hard on the phone or via email...but once you "interface" in person with them, they're completely different.

i wish such keyboard/telephone gangsters would either (1) have the balls to be, in person, the effwads they are when protected by distance or (2) consistently use, in telephone or email, the "decent/reasonable" filter they suddenly find when communicating face to face.

hm. this leads to a thought. i wonder how many of us HTers actually say in real life to people who are right in front of us, the things we say in this forum, as bluntly as we say them here?

I like you, ericncyn. I really like you! I actually think that people prefer the virtual me to the real me. The virtual me is easier on the eyes...and I think more clever than the physical me; and believe it or not I'm kinda shy in public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X